CCFC In Guardian Again (1 Viewer)

thaiskyblue

i was there, get's dug up every year but usually incorrectly saying we were the holders, it was wimbledon, we were knocked out by watford as holders " on the beach ".

SkyblueBazza

ah, the old story that recirculates every FA cup year

Deserves to be bought up too...ought to focus minds at the club in conjunction with the 87 win - what can be achieved against the odds. Nobody would have genuinely thought we'd win the cup at the start of that season...& nobody thought we'd be so humiliated just 18months or so later.

Hobo

When we won the cup it gave me so much pride, satisfaction and elation I cannot begrudge Suttons fans having their own moment of glory.

They just shouldn't have picked us for their moment of glory!

ccfc92

Deserves to be bought up too...ought to focus minds at the club in conjunction with the 87 win - what can be achieved against the odds. Nobody would have genuinely thought we'd win the cup at the start of that season...& nobody thought we'd be so humiliated just 18months or so later.

fully agreed. was just saying :D just watched the highlights of that game, and I bet it was a very good game, we hit the woodwork 3 times in that 4 minute video

Users who are viewing this thread