CCFC Deadline Day Deals (6 Viewers)

Warwickhunt

Probably can see why the team was so lethargic 1st half against Shrewsbury if all this shite is going on behind the scene its totally unsettling

Adge

People are saying £500,000 was good money for Willis(which I agree with) but would keep Jones if a rumoured 1.5m bid was on offer?:banghead:
Snap there hands off!

Liquid Gold

Jones is 19! Yes he's inconsistent but he's actually a talent. I'd much rather bin Willis off as at 24 he should know not to head the ball up. Does my head in people bemoaning Jones for not using his right foot enough and saying he should leave but Burge, who's 5 years older, should be given time to develop to stop throwing the ball in his own net.

Esoterica

People are saying £500,000 was good money for Willis(which I agree with) but would keep Jones if a rumoured 1.5m bid was on offer?:banghead:
Snap there hands off!
Do you think Jones has improved since Robins has been here?

Nick

Administrator
I personally think he has improved this season.

He is tracking back, battling more and going up for headers even if there's no chance of him winning them (rather than just watching). Whether that's down to Robins or knowing that if he gets in shit there will be the Doyles to help him out I don't know.

torchomatic

Do you think Jones has improved since Robins has been here?

I think he's improved massively. He even tackled someone and won the ball in our box on Tuesday night.

fernandopartridge

Jones occupies opposition players in the same way that Ryan Kent did. We need to better exploit when teams double up on him. Needs our full back to push up with him or midfielders to break in behind every now and then.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Jones occupies opposition players in the same way that Ryan Kent did. We need to better exploit when teams double up on him. Needs our full back to push up with him or midfielders to break in behind every now and then.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's also decent defensively sometimes to take the pressure off, Reid did the same even if it didn't result in a goal for us or anything they get it and run it away from our box.

vow

It doesn't look as if Oxford have sold any players for big money so far, unless they have some in the pipeline.
I believe Marvin Johnson is going to Middlesborough for around £2M? According to Sky Sports anyhow.

RoboCCFC90

I believe Marvin Johnson is going to Middlesborough for around £2M? According to Sky Sports anyhow.

£3m quoted yesterday up in Middlesborough, gives Oxford spending power.

Nick

Administrator
We will want £2.5m for Jones then, even if they are giving a fair chunk of Johnson's money on a resell clause.

Esoterica

Is Callum Wilson on the move anywhere?
Would say at least a couple of months away from first team footy based on last week's update on his recovery. After 2 ACL injuries I'd actually expect them to ease him back before Christmas and then for him to go out out on an upper Championship loan somewhere in January. Even Defoe has been struggling to get in their team.

Howe: Wilson is making good progress | VitalFootball.co.uk

covcity4life

Getting a impressive fee is all well and good but at some point its not worth if your squads worse off.

We need to keep jonesm

RoboCCFC90

We will want £2.5m for Jones then, even if they are giving a fair chunk of Johnson's money on a resell clause.

I wouldn't say Jones is worth that, he hasn't shown it consistently to warrant that price tag, but Oxford are willing to pay anywhere near that amount then more fool them.

Nick

Administrator
I wouldn't say Jones is worth that, he hasn't shown it consistently to warrant that price tag, but Oxford are willing to pay anywhere near that amount then more fool them.

No I don't think he is, we just need to start playing hardball.

RoboCCFC90

No I don't think he is, we just need to start playing hardball.

£1.5M is hardball, anything beyond that is taking the piss IMO.

better days

I personally think he has improved this season.

He is tracking back, battling more and going up for headers even if there's no chance of him winning them (rather than just watching). Whether that's down to Robins or knowing that if he gets in shit there will be the Doyles to help him out I don't know.

Robins is working with him. Under Venus and Slade the kid was left to his own devices and hardly played
This season he's started all six games and finished five of them. He's having shots and assists every game and is unfortunate not to have more than the three he got against Notts County
Although some on here have little time for him opposition managers don't feel the same way and target him in games - doubling up and fouling to test his courage
The word is he knows nothing about any approach from Oxford or any other club
He likes it at Cov and would rather get promoted with us than move to a League One club

Esoterica

£1.5M is hardball, anything beyond that is taking the piss IMO.
With a 19 year old, left footed, quick attacking player you're paying for potential rather than the current product and when he's demonstrated the abilty and willingness to improve over the last 6 months, when someone has been prepared to invest the time in him, I don't think 1.5 million is that hardball. Especially if you consider the ridiculous current market conditions starting to trickle down to lower leagues, that he's our only player with any real pace and that it's deadline day giving us very little time to properly organise replacements.

Warwickhunt

What, another club making a bid on a player? It's no excuse for players not being arsed, it is quite normal.
With yougsters its called Petty Jelousy, they can't help themselves from being effected

Users who are viewing this thread