CCFC Appoint Restructing Experts (1 Viewer)

Grendel

He can't deal with them. Their situation so ridiculous as to be impossible to justify.

I mean, ACL/the council are being portrayed as the pantomime baddy. Fisher tells us they've invested £35 to 40m in their five years. Even f they'd have been given the Ricoh rent free, they'd still have lost over £30m in five seasons. This being from a position of us being 'debt free', and using Fisher's own figures/statements.

Was there any 'diligence' in the 'due diligence' process? Was their business plan so far out as for us to end up like this?

It's all unjustifiable in any context. Hence the selective quietness.....

Anyone who applauds how Leicester behaved to cheat the system can hardly hold the moral high ground.

I don't care by the way. If the club squeezes the lowest rent possible and providing I can continue to enjoy my Saturday afternoons I'm happy with that.

People may find such a statement as outrageous.... Not those that use Leicester as an example of how to behave though.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Anyone who applauds how Leicester behaved to cheat the system can hardly hold the moral high ground.

I don't care by the way. If the club squeezes the lowest rent possible and providing I can continue to enjoy my Saturday afternoons I'm happy with that.

People may find such a statement as outrageous.... Not those that use Leicester as an example of how to behave though.

And you think that a low rent will solve all of our problems? What about the balance of the shortfall above? Or will you just sidestep that inconvenient bit of the debate, like Torchy?

Brighton Sky Blue

The hard thing to accept is though Grendel that the way Leicester behaved was not considered by the legislation at the time-though it did of course lead to the rule being introduced shortly after. Pretty sure they lost a number of supporters for good when they did it mind.

WillieStanley

And you think that a low rent will solve all of our problems? What about the balance of the shortfall above? Or will you just sidestep that inconvenient bit of the debate, like Torchy?

Has anyone said it will solve all of our problems? If I was in bad debt and was looking to cut costs, I'd cancel my Virgin subscription amongst many other cost cutting measures. This is just another way to cut costs.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

The hard thing to accept is though Grendel that the way Leicester behaved was not considered by the legislation at the time-though it did of course lead to the rule being introduced shortly after. Pretty sure they lost a number of supporters for good when they did it mind.

Mine is not to applaud what Leicester did. They entered administration. We demanded shares from supporters. Both hurt people financially.

However, Leicester and now thriving and paying their bills. We're not even close. They have honourable owns now. I assert we haven't.

Both situations caused pain, I stated they did. But ours looks set fair to cause a lot more. That's the difference I was citing

wingy

Has anyone said it will solve all of our problems? If I was in bad debt and was looking to cut costs, I'd cancel my Virgin subscription amongst many other cost cutting measures. This is just another way to cut costs.

By that analogy Willie you'd keep the roof over your head ,and your virgin subscription would be akin to getting rod off the wage bill.

dongonzalos

Apparently the reduction in the rent will not even put a minor dent in the problems SISU or should I say the CCFC aspect of SISU have and that the biggest pitfall is wages.

I say CCFC as no one knows just how wealthy the guys from whom SISU badly invest actually are.

The worry is personal is the biggest cost by a huge amount.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

But if Fisher is telling the truth and we've lost £40m since they came in five years ago, even if we'd have existed rent free, we'd still have an untenable situation. The rent is barely 15% of their losses.

Solve it and the situation is still impossible. Where the hell can those sorts of costs be saved. If the figures are true, of course.....

Grendel

Mine is not to applaud what Leicester did. They entered administration. We demanded shares from supporters. Both hurt people financially.

However, Leicester and now thriving and paying their bills. We're not even close. They have honourable owns now. I assert we haven't.

Both situations caused pain, I stated they did. But ours looks set fair to cause a lot more. That's the difference I was citing

The honourable owner thing is really funny. What you mean is a super rich owner who will throw as much money as it takes into their hobby. I doubt if supporters care where the money comes from.

stupot07

Apparently the reduction in the rent will not even put a minor dent in the problems SISU or should I say the CCFC aspect of SISU have and that the biggest pitfall is wages.

I say CCFC as no one knows just how wealthy the guys from whom SISU badly invest actually are.

The worry is personal is the biggest cost by a huge amount.

Of course it will, they had budgeted for an operating loss of £3m this season, knocking £1m off the rent will cut that operating loss by a third.

Staffing is the biggest cost in pretty much all businesses.

wingy

Of course it will, they had budgeted for an operating loss of £3m this season, knocking £1m off the rent will cut that operating loss by a third.

And they've knockeed £900k. off the bill so why is there an issue here .Lets not pretend its about he rent that would involve using the fans as an emotional weapon in a cold matter of business.

Brighton Sky Blue

Southampton would've been a far better example MMM. The owners at Leicester are actually beyond just the rich Thais-it's a whole host of anonymous Far East investors and King Power itself has been implicated in a whole host of wrongdoings and corruption in Thailand. The people in charge of Saints however are a different story-though they do of course have the money to do so.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

The honourable owner thing is really funny. What you mean is a super rich owner who will throw as much money as it takes into their hobby. I doubt if supporters care where the money comes from.

Where your frail line of reason falls about your ears is your pseudo disgust with regards clubs such as Leicester who entered administration, yet at the same time stating you 'don't care' that our current owners are in legal breach of a contract looking to pay something like 15% of contract value - which at 15p in the £1 isn't far removed from that a creditor might achieve in administration. Laughable. And you care about these local businesses, but you don't care about a joint vampire between the council and a charity? Talk about picking and choosing your moral stance.

SISU demanded shares for free to make is debt free and viable. Five years later on, they want a 90% rent reduction, which figures show still won't make them viable. Whatever next?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Southampton would've been a far better example MMM. The owners at Leicester are actually beyond just the rich Thais-it's a whole host of anonymous Far East investors and King Power itself has been implicated in a whole host of wrongdoings and corruption in Thailand. The people in charge of Saints however are a different story-though they do of course have the money to do so.

Ha ha. Whilst I'm not disagreeing with you, at least you can Wikipedia the ultimate owners of Leicester to cite any claimed wrongdoings. Who knows who the hell is behind SISU, or where their money is derived from

Grendel

MMM doesn't care. If they have the money that justifies the morality. Same if your top scorer had 13 convictions against women. No one complains if he's banging them in for you.

Mucca Mad Boys

Where your frail line of reason falls about your ears is your pseudo disgust with regards clubs such as Leicester who entered administration, yet at the same time stating you 'don't care' that our current owners are in legal breach of a contract looking to pay something like 15% of contract value - which at 15p in the £1 isn't far removed from that a creditor might achieve in administration. Laughable. And you care about these local businesses, but you don't care about a joint vampire between the council and a charity? Talk about picking and choosing your moral stance.

SISU demanded shares for free to make is debt free and viable. Five years later on, they want a 90% rent reduction, which figures show still won't make them viable. Whatever next?

If we get 1m off rent, cuts costs by 1m (obviously) so if we get promoted, we will make up the 2m in promotion, TV money, higher attendances. Oh and the higher attendances if we star shooting for promotion.

Brighton Sky Blue

Ha ha. Whilst I'm not disagreeing with you, at least you can Wikipedia the ultimate owners of Leicester to cite any claimed wrongdoings. Who knows who the hell is behind SISU, or where their money is derived from

It's still clutching at straws to make out the Thais as beyond reproach though MMM-just use Saints as your example, it's a lot more valid.

Brighton Sky Blue

Been along time since I met one of those,I have to say i'm on the verge of exiting my subscription from these rip off artists.

Spend a few weeks up at uni Wingy, though the subscription of around £9,000/year might outweigh any advantages.

wingy

Spend a few weeks up at uni Wingy, though the subscription of around £9,000/year might outweigh any advantages.

Being of the Silver surfers generation I had the privelage of Free attendance at Brum Poly back in the 80's,and am incredulous that my generation who took such benefits for themselves deny it of others ,Bring in the Mansion tax that'll teach the buggers.:facepalm:

Brighton Sky Blue

Being of the Silver surfers generation I had the privelage of Free attendance at Brum Poly back in the 80's,and am incredulous that my generation who took such benefits for themselves deny it of others ,Bring in the Mansion tax that'll teach the buggers.:facepalm:

If only the likes of Valiant remembered that-my total debt will be £24k when I graduate in June!

dongonzalos

We are budgeting for a loss of 3 million. Is that a fact or a banded round figure on here. I mean that genuinely.

Also any idea if we are on track for that?

I don't think ACL will drop below 400k I have a feeling they may feel they have compromised enough without anything coming the other way.

I was under the impression we are making a 5 million loss.

Also what was our playing staff budget before MR's signings. Was TF not banding round 3.5 million. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that is what he said for playing staff.
Never mind his own and his wagging dogs salary.

So if ACL don't budge from 400k.

Then the reduction will be 80k a month.

I know I want us to sign DMC however I imagine ACL
Maybe a bit galled if that happened. They claim wages are our biggest problem. I imagine they will want to see that change.

Tough to view from the outside as a fan.

stupot07

If only the likes of Valiant remembered that-my total debt will be £24k when I graduate in June!

That's pretty much what I was left with when I'd finished my degree and masters, mind you it's the career development loan that killed me financially. Only 18 months to go on my student loan!

D

Deleted member 4439

Coincidentally, that's about the amount of tax I put into the system between the ages of 16 and 21, in the days when most people left school at 16 and only 7% of the population got to go to Uni - and the large part of that number was from private schools. Can't have your cake and eat it, I'm afraid.

stupot07

We are budgeting for a loss of 3 million. Is that a fact or a banded round figure on here. I mean that genuinely.

Also any idea if we are on track for that?

I don't think ACL will drop below 400k I have a feeling they may feel they have compromised enough without anything coming the other way.

I was under the impression we are making a 5 million loss.

Also what was our playing staff budget before MR's signings. Was TF not banding round 3.5 million. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that is what he said for playing staff.
Never mind his own and his wagging dogs salary.

So if ACL don't budge from 400k.

Then the reduction will be 80k a month.

I know I want us to sign DMC however I imagine ACL
Maybe a bit galled if that happened. They claim wages are our biggest problem. I imagine they will want to see that change.

Tough to view from the outside as a fan.

That's the figure OSB has mentioned on a number of occasions, I think TF said it at one of the fans forum. If the that is the figure, the cup runs will hopefully means we meet that figure,

Re: player budget, I think they quoted something a bit higher than that but TF was clear that was total player budget not the wage budget implying that it was also the transfer kitty.

Brighton Sky Blue

Coincidentally, that's about the amount of tax I put into the system between the ages of 16 and 21, in the days when most people left school at 16 and only 7% of the population got to go to Uni - and the large part of that number was from private schools. Can't have your cake and eat it, I'm afraid.

To be honest it's a lot worse for those going now-in my case it'd be well over £50k for a 5 year course.

Users who are viewing this thread