CCFC after Liddle... not Lidl (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Another once Thorn is waiting to bang bang bang.... :pimp:

Coventry City, Carlisle and Yeovil have joined the race to sign former Hartlepool United midfielder Gary Liddle.

The League One trio have all taken an interest in Liddle, who will leave Victoria Park after a six-year spell when his contract expires this summer.

Liddle drew interest from former club Middlesbrough last summer but it is thought that Boro's interest has cooled after a Liddle's disappointing 2011/12 campaign.

Other rumours have also seen Liddle linked with Championship side Bristol City, although the Robins are yet to make a formal bid.

Read more: http://www.hartlepool.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=283069#ixzz1voKCNHnL

mattylad

Would be very happy if we got Liddle as he can play just about anywhere in the back four as well as defensive mid, would not be a starter but great cover off the bench in whats bound to be another tiny squad

AFCCOVENTRY

I don't know anything about him... never even heard of him.

I like the bit where it states he had a rubbish season

mattylad

how often do you hear players slated for a bad season when they have said they wont sign a new contract....aka Clingan and Gunnar

Nonleagueherewecome

He was heavily linked with Rangers a while back, and I think I've heard whispers linking us with him in the past. He's alright..decent L1 player. Get enough of them and we might be a decent L1team...but it won't be the sort of quality we need to get up, and the same goes for Collins. Bounceback budget? Must be a dead-cat bounce...it hasn't moved off the floor yet!

Nonleagueherewecome

He was good on LMA :D

dongonzalos

He is having a medical but has to wait to get on the treadmill as the 5 treadmills also have players on them having medicals , you should get a call from the club about it shortly.

Would you like to renew your season ticket sir?

Grendel

He is having a medical but has to wait to get on the treadmill as the 5 treadmills also have players on them having medicals , you should get a call from the club about it shortly.

Would you like to renew your season ticket sir?

Look it's obvious we are not signing him. He's not 12 and he wants more than 50 pence in wages. We will have to sell the entire squad to get him.

You're reference I assume refers to thorns quote that he has players lined up. So he's a liar then?

dongonzalos

Look it's obvious we are not signing him. He's not 12 and he wants more than 50 pence in wages. We will have to sell the entire squad to get him.

You're reference I assume refers to thorns quote that he has players lined up. So he's a liar then?

No there is a post where the club have phoned fans and told them players have practically been signed they have past medicals, the budget has been agreed and they are just waiting for the embargo to be lifted. Then asked if they would like to renew their season tickets

Tank Top

Not one to get the pulses racing, but I. take tablets for that anyway.The thing is, we're a third tier club now, so we'd better brace ourselves, to be underwhelmed by our incoming signings, if there are any of cause.
Tankie..Beduth del sol

Last edited:

Otis

Another once Thorn is waiting to bang bang bang.... :pimp:

Coventry City, Carlisle and Yeovil have joined the race to sign former Hartlepool United midfielder Gary Liddle.

The League One trio have all taken an interest in Liddle, who will leave Victoria Park after a six-year spell when his contract expires this summer.

Liddle drew interest from former club Middlesbrough last summer but it is thought that Boro's interest has cooled after a Liddle's disappointing 2011/12 campaign.

Other rumours have also seen Liddle linked with Championship side Bristol City, although the Robins are yet to make a formal bid.

Read more: http://www.hartlepool.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=283069#ixzz1voKCNHnL

Carlisle and Yeovil are also chasing him so we've got no chance. We simply cannot compete with the big boys unfortunately.

smileycov

Facebook User
COVENTRY CITY say they're not interested in out-of-contract Hartlepool United midfielder Gary Liddle.
Sky Blues boss Andy Thorn has drawn up a short-list of targets this summer but one player definitely not on that list is Liddle.
A free agent after six seasons with Hartlepool United (initial reports suggested he had been released, although manager Neale Cooper later confirmed that he had turned down a new contract and “would be welcomed back here with open arms”) Liddle has been linked with City, Carlisle and Yeovil.
But Thorn said last night: “No, Gary is not one of the players I am looking at

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...ited-midfielder-92746-31043291/#ixzz1vsEVk3OO

sw88

Chief Commentator!
COVENTRY CITY say they're not interested in out-of-contract Hartlepool United midfielder Gary Liddle.
Sky Blues boss Andy Thorn has drawn up a short-list of targets this summer but one player definitely not on that list is Liddle.
A free agent after six seasons with Hartlepool United (initial reports suggested he had been released, although manager Neale Cooper later confirmed that he had turned down a new contract and “would be welcomed back here with open arms”) Liddle has been linked with City, Carlisle and Yeovil.
But Thorn said last night: “No, Gary is not one of the players I am looking at

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...ited-midfielder-92746-31043291/#ixzz1vsEVk3OO

It's all a ploy so we don't miss out on our number one target (again)

Users who are viewing this thread