CCFC 2018/2019 Accounts Thread! (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Accounts just released up to May 2019 and we show a small profit of £69K thanks to sales of Madison to Leicester and McNulty to Reading.

torchomatic

I wonder when we last showed a profit, however small?

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Should fund a few handbags.

It's good to see a profit recorded but the figures in the article would suggest we have to make significant sales each season to remain anywhere near breakeven.

SkyBlueCRJ

It's good to see a profit recorded but the figures in the article would suggest we have to make significant sales each season to remain anywhere near breakeven.

More or less every single club in the English football pyramid and beyond is in the same boat in that respect.

mark82

That's the stated model though isn't it? It's the only way we can operate sustainably whilst remaining competitive.

So just like most professional football teams in the world

I wouldn't know, i don't study any other team's accounts. I haven't looked at these yet but if we made a profit of £4/5m having spent £800k i would be concerned that we'll struggle to make sales of those amounts every season.

I recognise that nearly every team has to sell to balance the books, i just didnt realise quite how stark the amounts were for us.

CovInEssex

Interestingly, you'd imagine we would've also turned a profit this season had we been at the Ricoh - which would be some achievement when a lot of promotion chasers usually operate on a loss.

Cv3cov

Is this the first time they’ve issued explanations to how figures arrived at?

Sky Blue Pete

Interestingly, you'd imagine we would've also turned a profit this season had we been at the Ricoh - which would be some achievement when a lot of promotion chasers usually operate on a loss.
Although no idea yet. Way above estimates l crowds I would have thought and the McCallum sale

chiefdave

Not really very positive is it? £4m + transfer profit mostly covering losses, not sustainable at all.
How many clubs make a profit before transfers? Not to mention its the clubs stated business model. Of course it would be brilliant if we were minions in profit without selling anyone but that's virtually impossible.

Im not sure we have made enough from sales this season for that but if so it would be pretty encouraging for the long term future of the club.

chiefdave

“As mentioned in the accounts, the board continues to explore the possibilities of a return to Coventry as soon as we are able to – it is our home, the City we are proud to represent and the place that everyone agrees that we should be playing.

“However, in the absence of any agreement being reached for a return, would seek to implement the option to continue the ground share at St. Andrew’s to ensure the fulfilment of our fixtures.”
Been a few questions about where we will play next season but it looks like, unless Wasps change their stance, we have the option to stay at St Andrews.

mr_monkey

I wouldn't know, i don't study any other team's accounts. I haven't looked at these yet but if we made a profit of £4/5m having spent £800k i would be concerned that we'll struggle to make sales of those amounts every season.

I recognise that nearly every team has to sell to balance the books, i just didnt realise quite how stark the amounts were for us.

The issue is a lot of clubs don't balance the books and end up either getting in major shite (like bury, Bolton etc) or bailed out by their owners (as we used to). As much as I dislike sisu and what they have done to our club the fact we have made a small profit is something to be celebrated

The issue is a lot of clubs don't balance the books and end up either getting in major shite (like bury, Bolton etc) or bailed out by their owners (as we used to). As much as I dislike sisu and what they have done to our club the fact we have made a small profit is something to be celebrated

Im in complete agreement to be honest, being a natural pessimist however it struck me that we seem to need to generate alot of money each season via sales, 4/5m at this level is quite a bit of value to find in a side.

CovInEssex

Couple of big FA Cup games in this seasons as well - could be the difference between green and black.

skybluesam66

the higher up the pyramid you are, the less relevant £4m is

in league 2 - that is probably half your team
in the championship it could be half a player

Nick

Administrator
Have they always broken things down to the level of heating, printing and transport etc? I can't remember seeing that.

NorthernWisdom

How many clubs make a profit before transfers? Not to mention its the clubs stated business model. Of course it would be brilliant if we were minions in profit without selling anyone but that's virtually impossible.

The problem is that's what we needed to do at the Ricoh. We're going to need more this year to cover, and the issue then is having enough assets to sell becomes more of a chance.

We need to grow our income from other sources, so at the very least the amount we need to raise from transfer sales doesn't need to be as much, so we're less likely to be pushed into a fire sale.

Evo1883

Good to see the club running within its means somewhat.

Better than the days of losing 8/9 Mill a year for sure

Reactions: TTG

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread