CCC and Higgs Charity have destroyed our club (1 Viewer)

jim20

I appreciate Sisu haven't acted the best way, and I am not a lover of sisu. However the rent was astronomical and the fact we weren't getting other march day revenue was a disgrace, sisu went the wrong way about trying to renegotiate this, but it did need to change.

When we came back to the Ricoh, sisu indicated they wanted to talk about a further relationship I.e. Buying it, but CCC had always been adamant they wouldn't sell, and with no warning at all it was sold to wasps, sisu didn't even get a chance to counter offer. The bid by sisu for the Higgs share was always going to loose out because of the power of veto, the charity were offering it for good publicity, an exercise in Blair style spin.

This leaves the club with nothing, and a shit pitch for the four years we are at the Ricoh. We won't have enough revenue to compete, we may get relegated this season, and then we could face the prospect of none league. CCC should have considered the club, it is a big part of the city.

Finally, I want to know what happened to all the money the club spent on the land for the Ricoh and the early planning etc, I know the club was bailed out by the council with regard to the Ricoh, but the club must've spent millions on the stadium before it was built, plus they sold high field road which the council wanted and rented it back at an astronomical rate. In my opinion the council picked it up on the cheap and have made a killing out of the club!

skybluetony176

I'm so glad you started a thread on this because no one else is saying it on any of the other threads. Well done jim20

RFC

I appreciate Sisu haven't acted the best way, and I am not a lover of sisu. However the rent was astronomical and the fact we weren't getting other march day revenue was a disgrace, sisu went the wrong way about trying to renegotiate this, but it did need to change.

When we came back to the Ricoh, sisu indicated they wanted to talk about a further relationship I.e. Buying it, but CCC had always been adamant they wouldn't sell, and with no warning at all it was sold to wasps, sisu didn't even get a chance to counter offer. The bid by sisu for the Higgs share was always going to loose out because of the power of veto, the charity were offering it for good publicity, an exercise in Blair style spin.

This leaves the club with nothing, and a shit pitch for the four years we are at the Ricoh. We won't have enough revenue to compete, we may get relegated this season, and then we could face the prospect of none league. CCC should have considered the club, it is a big part of the city.

Finally, I want to know what happened to all the money the club spent on the land for the Ricoh and the early planning etc, I know the club was bailed out by the council with regard to the Ricoh, but the club must've spent millions on the stadium before it was built, plus they sold high field road which the council wanted and rented it back at an astronomical rate. In my opinion the council picked it up on the cheap and have made a killing out of the club!

At long last the voice of common sense & reason, been saying this for almost 2 years.

Just glad I no longer live in 'God for saken City' & it hurts to admit that.

I just hope Ann Lucas & her cronies are able to sleep at night, also Peter K & Higgs Trust, will never ever support them again.

ccfcway

At long last the voice of common sense & reason, been saying this for almost 2 years.

I just hope Ann Lucas & her cronies are able to sleep at night, also Peter K & Higgs Trust, will never ever support them again.

i could tell you a lot more, but i am not going to

Mr Creosote

I'm so glad you started a thread on this because no one else is saying it on any of the other threads. Well done jim20

I agree, SISU are useless but the others have sold us down the river! Wasps have picked up a £100m stadium paid for mostly by taxpayers for just over £5m!!! What a steal!!! Why aren't the government looking into this?? It smells bad to me... Hats off to Wasps thought, they have conned everyone!!!

dongonzalos

If the club came back to the Ricoh talking about buying ACL like Wasps have you would possibly have a point. Unfortunately they came back for a stop gap whilst building a new stadium.

Also they were asked two/three times to come with a sensible bid for ACL and they were given a deadline beyond which the council would look elsewhere.

We ignored this then we are shocked

skybluetony176

I agree, SISU are useless but the others have sold us down the river! Wasps have picked up a £100m stadium paid for mostly by taxpayers for just over £5m!!! What a steal!!! Why aren't the government looking into this?? It smells bad to me... Hats off to Wasps thought, they have conned everyone!!!

Probably because it wasn't built with mainly Tax payers money. In fact I'm not sure any taxpayers money was used in the construction at all?

Besides I was just pointing out that virtually every thread on the site is covered in similar comments to the OP's. It really didn't need it's own thread.

Grendel

If the club came back to the Ricoh talking about buying ACL like Wasps have you would possibly have a point. Unfortunately they came back for a stop gap whilst building a new stadium.

Also they were asked two/three times to come with a sensible bid for ACL and they were given a deadline beyond which the council would look elsewhere.

We ignored this then we are shocked

What's it like to be in the minority? Everyone other than a handful see them for what they reAlly are.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

This is the best post that you have made,the fact that you don't live in our fair city has made my day:claping hands:

quinn1971

Youve waited two years for somebody to agree with you, there might be a reason for that.

jim20

But from what I understood skybluetony, the council were wanting sisu to pay more then the 2.7milliom for their share, I'm sure a figure of 10million was banded round at one point, but I can't remember when it was said

skybluetony176

But from what I understood skybluetony, the council were wanting sisu to pay more then the 2.7milliom for their share, I'm sure a figure of 10million was banded round at one point, but I can't remember when it was said

So what you're are saying then is that Wasps are better negotiators than SISU?

The way I see it SISU failed in distressing ACL to financial breaking point but succeeded in distressing CCC and Higgs to the point where they'd sell to anyone other than SISU. If we'd have had new owners 6 months ago who knows, CCFC could have been sitting where wasps now are.

jim20

I agree with you skybluetony, we should've had new owners 6 months ago, and the whole administration process was a disgrace. However don't forget it was the council that put us in admin with the aim of getting rid of sisu. They both played dirty, but sisu moving back were looking for reconciliation, the council should have given it a bit of time

coop

Why didn't sisu use there multi million pounds to make an offer not long after buying the club? Because they thought we'll buy a couple of players and we will be in the prem and then sell for a profit.I wouldn't trust them with a penny but neither do I trust any politicians. The only person in all this mess is called Mr Richardson he sold us down a river without a paddle.

blueflint

if your beloved SISU had acted in the proper manner they would own half the ricoh already they blew it only themselves to blame

skybluetony176

I agree with you skybluetony, we should've had new owners 6 months ago, and the whole administration process was a disgrace. However don't forget it was the council that put us in admin with the aim of getting rid of sisu. They both played dirty, but sisu moving back were looking for reconciliation, the council should have given it a bit of time

SISU put us in admin. That's how they got to choose the administrator. If CCC put us in admin they'd have chosen the administrator. That's how it works.

jim20

I agree sisu blew it, but CCC in the last year or so have been awful. Making statements like they wouldn't deal with sisu, just petty

Grendel

if your beloved SISU had acted in the proper manner they would own half the ricoh already they blew it only themselves to blame

Half the Ricoh for more than wasps paid for the whole and a sixth of the lease.

Oh and £24 million for the pie money.

Bargain really.

skybluetony176

Bargain really.

Makes you wonder how Joy is on the take over panel doesn't it? The wasps hedge fund as you've just pointed out are clearly better negotiators.

blueflint

Bargain really.

not bad for a start of negotiations got to start somewhere SISU didn't start at tho and now we could well be fucked as there is a possibility of no new stadium

jim20

I wouldn't say sisu were innocent in all this either, but today they aren't the worst ones out there.

Hobo

I still live and work in the city. Really, you don't know what you are missing. I will be up at 5am to walk the dogs, even if it is raining. Those three spires are still inspiring whoever is in government.

Have a good evening.

skybluefred

I still live and work in the city. Really, you don't know what you are missing. I will be up at 5am to walk the dogs, even if it is raining. Those three spires are still inspiring whoever is in government.

Have a good evening.[/QUOTE

I hope the poor dogs have sou westers and wellies.:laugh:

Fuck me..... I bet they will cry themselves to sleep over the very thought.

Users who are viewing this thread