Ccc/acl/higgs/ sisu saga (1 Viewer)

Noggin

Tim Fisher isn't doing his job, his job and legal responsibility as a director of Otium entertainment is do what is best for Otium entertainment he is not doing that, he is doing what Joy Seppala thinks is best for Arvo Masterfund and SISU. If Tim Fisher and Mark Labovich were doing their jobs we'd be at the Ricoh.

oh and I know the response to this so I'll save you the typing, blah blah blah, long term future, blah blah blah, food and beverage revenues, I don't believe it, you don't believe it, Tim Fisher doesn't believe it, Mark Labovich doesn't believe it, moving to Northampton was not in the best interests of Otium Entertainment and thus Fisher and Labovich aren't fulfilling their legal obligations as directors.

bigfatronssba

Yeah but, but, but, but , but, but, but, but, but, but. That is different yeah?

I didn't say he was doing a good job, just that he is doing his job so by your theory you can't dislike him, else it would be bitter and twisted.

What is even more bitter and twisted is saying it but only meaning it for one side and finding excuses for the other. ;)

I'm not sure if you are deliberately not trying to understand or not. You may have a point about Seppala, but Fisher you are onto a loser I'm afraid.

Fisher is a director of CCFC/Otium, yet he is not acting in the best interests of the company he is supposedly in charge of.

NorthernWisdom

oh and I know the response to this so I'll save you the typing, blah blah blah, long term future, blah blah blah, food and beverage revenues, I don't believe it, you don't believe it, Tim Fisher doesn't believe it, Mark Labovich doesn't believe it, moving to Northampton was not in the best interests of Otium Entertainment and thus Fisher and Labovich aren't fulfilling their legal obligations as directors.

If you looked objectively, and took the emotion out of it...

Moving to Northampton has so far got concessions from ACL that were never even considered before; this is in Otium's interests;

Moving to Northampton was part of the strategy to break the lease and thus offer more flexibility in what is on offer; this is in Otium's interests.

The rhetoric from CCC has changed from 'the Ricoh is not for sale' to 'we will talk about anything'; this is in Otium's interests.

Objectively, there are many things that have been in Otium's interests. If we insist on discussing this in financial terms then yes, moving to Northampton has been in Otium's interests from a certain perspective.

The social is another matter...

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I'm not sure if you are deliberately not trying to understand or not. You may have a point about Seppala, but Fisher you are onto a loser I'm afraid.

Fisher is a director of CCFC/Otium, yet he is not acting in the best interests of the company he is supposedly in charge of.

I am not sure if you are trying to miss the point or not, I can't remember saying he was doing a great job. I just said he was doing his job, but maybe not greatly ;)

It was you who made the broad statement that it is bitter and twisted for disliking somebody for doing their job but are finding reasons to dislike somebody for erm, doing their job ;)

I am happy to be bitter and twisted by thinking every party involved is made up of dickheads.

skybluetony176

All those positions were within the law. Your logic is shit.

I think he meant modern law I.e not living in the past. And the concentration camps were not within the law. The red cross was infiltrate by the Nazis during the course of the war so they turned a blind eye to it while it was happening and any Nazis they could find were trialed after the war and others are still being seeked to this very day so they can face trial. Hence the term war criminal. Your "logic" isn't logic.

bigfatronssba

I am not sure if you are trying to miss the point or not, I can't remember saying he was doing a great job. I just said he was doing his job, but maybe not greatly ;)

It was you who made the broad statement that it is bitter and twisted for disliking somebody for doing their job but are finding reasons to dislike somebody for erm, doing their job ;)

I am happy to be bitter and twisted by thinking every party involved is made up of dickheads.

My point is he is not doing his job. He is carrying out the responsibilities associated with a Sisu director, not a CCFC/Otium one.

Noggin

Moving to Northampton has so far got concessions from ACL that were never even considered before; this is in Otium's interests;

Moving to Northampton was part of the strategy to break the lease and thus offer more flexibility in what is on offer; this is in Otium's interests.

The rhetoric from CCC has changed from 'the Ricoh is not for sale' to 'we will talk about anything'; this is in Otium's interests.

Objectively, there are many things that have been in Otium's interests. If we insist on discussing this in financial terms then yes, moving to Northampton has been in Otium's interests.

Maybe my memory is bad but I don't think any of that is true, Otium never had the lease, The lease was broken at the same time as Otium became the football club, By the time Otium were the football club ACL were already offering fantastic deals, the best interests of Otium at that time was to do a deal to play at the Ricoh.

Not to mention the fact that since they haven't taken up any of the concessions offered by ACL its done them no good whatsoever. The Move to northampton has done nothing but hurt both the short and long term finances of Otium Entertainment.

oh and I am looking objectively without emotion, you can certainly argue that the refusal to pay rent while scummy did work, it's just a shame they didn't do a deal at the end of it, but none of this was Otium was it? it was ccfc holdings or ltd I forget sorry.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Oh, concentration camps were within the law? Could you tell me what the Nuremberg trials were about please?

Torture is permitted under the US constitution?

Atrocities committed against British citizens is permitted on UK soil?

Please think before insulting me.

You are either thick or massively naive. Or both.

Nick

Administrator
My point is he is not doing his job. He is carrying out the responsibilities associated with a Sisu director, not a CCFC/Otium one.

He is doing what he is told and getting paid for it, I would say that is doing his job isn't it? Whether we like it or not.

If he was in his bosses eyes doing his job wrong, surely he would be a gonna? Surely his employers judge whether he is doing his job or not though?

Is he breaking any laws? If so, report him and get him done for it.

This isn't me saying I think he is doing a fantastic job, just pointing out the faults in your statement. You say people can be bitter and twisted for disliking somebody doing their job, but have a signature like yours?

Noggin

I can't see how anyone could argue otherwise Ron. Someone will give it a go though I'm sure.

I started a thread a few months back asking the same question ie are the directors fulfilling their duties and all the people you would expect shot it down, Grendel was particularly vitriolic.

ccfc92

Can definitely see what both of you are saying here.

Surely though, TF can force JS's hand?

Sick Boy

I think he meant modern law I.e not living in the past. And the concentration camps were not within the law. The red cross was infiltrate by the Nazis during the course of the war so they turned a blind eye to it while it was happening and any Nazis they could find were trialed after the war and others are still being seeked to this very day so they can face trial. Hence the term war criminal. Your "logic" isn't logic.

What do you think about concentration camps that were set up by the British? Are these acceptable in comparison to those countries from EUSSR?

Grendel

What do you think about concentration camps that were set up by the British? Are these acceptable in comparison to those countries from EUSSR?

Don't confuse him -- history isn't his strong point

skybluetony176

He is doing what he is told and getting paid for it, I would say that is doing his job isn't it? Whether we like it or not.

If he was in his bosses eyes doing his job wrong, surely he would be a gonna? Surely his employers judge whether he is doing his job or not though?

Is he breaking any laws? If so, report him and get him done for it.

This isn't me saying I think he is doing a fantastic job, just pointing out the faults in your statement. You say people can be bitter and twisted for disliking somebody doing their job, but have a signature like yours?

If you Google directors duties by law you'll come across a government website and it states that it is law that a director must always act in the best interest of the company that they are director off. Can you say hand on heart that moving to Northampton is in the best interests for CCFC as opposed to one of the many temporary offers ACL made on the run up to and during last season?

Nick

Administrator

Objectively, there are many things that have been in Otium's interests. If we insist on discussing this in financial terms then yes, moving to Northampton has been in Otium's interests from a certain perspective.

Exactly, it depends through whos eyes you are looking through in terms of "doing their job".

Nick

Administrator
If you Google directors duties by law you'll come across a government website and it states that it is law that a director must always act in the best interest of the company that they are director off. Can you say hand on heart that moving to Northampton is in the best interests for CCFC as opposed to one of the many temporary offers ACL made on the run up to and during last season?

Does that not depend on what the aims of the company are?

Have you reported him?

Noggin

Have you reported him?

why would you bother reporting him? we saw exactly how good they are at making sure directors do their jobs when it came to submitting accounts, when they were way overdue they wrote them a letter and when they were incredibly overdue they sent them a sterner letter and then they let them get out of ever filing accounts by liquidating the company.

bigfatronssba

You are either thick or massively naive. Or both.

Can you just explain then why concentration camp guards have been pursued by the authorities all over the world for the last 69 years if they did nothing illegal?

Noggin

Exactly, it depends through whos eyes you are looking through in terms of "doing their job".

It really doesn't, through the eyes of the Otium Directors, not the fans, looking dispassionately at nothing but the short and long term success of Otium Entertainment, Tim Fisher and Mark Labovich are not doing their jobs.

Anyway off to bed, goodnight.

bigfatronssba

I don't think they were illegal in Germany.

They contravened the Geneva convention of which Germany had signed up to in 1929.

skybluetony176

Have you reported him?

What is the aim of Otium then?

I don't think I have the authority to report him. That would be the accounts auditors call I believe. If you read the guidelines they are typically ambiguous so it will probably never happen.

Besides I was asking you if the temporary move to Northampton does more for the financial stability of the club than a temporary deal at the Ricoh. Unsurprisingly you dodged the question.

Nick

Administrator
What is the aim of Otium then?

I don't think I have the authority to report him. That would be the accounts auditors call I believe. If you read the guidelines they are typically ambiguous so it will probably never happen.

Besides I was asking you if the temporary move to Northampton does more for the financial stability of the club than a temporary deal at the Ricoh. Unsurprisingly you dodged the question.

I guess it depends on the longterm happenings doesn't it? If it turns out that by moving it put the club in a better position at the Ricoh in terms of rent, pies then it could be deemed in the best interests long term? If we go tits up tomorrow because of it, then of course ;)

Stupid decision known by most though ;) Hence I said everybody involved is a dickhead but apparently bitter and twisted for it.

skybluetony176

I guess it depends on the longterm happenings doesn't it? If it turns out that by moving it put the club in a better position at the Ricoh in terms of rent, pies then it could be deemed in the best interests long term? If we go tits up tomorrow because of it, then of course ;)

Stupid decision known by most though ;) Hence I said everybody involved is a dickhead but apparently bitter and twisted for it.

Lets compare eggs with eggs Nick. A temporary deal at the Ricoh against a temporary deal at Suxfields? If (if) we end up with our own ground at the end of any temporary deal surely TF is honour bound to make sure any temporary deal is best for the club. Has he done that?

Nick

Administrator
Lets compare eggs with eggs Nick. A temporary deal at the Ricoh against a temporary deal at Suxfields? If (if) we end up with our own ground at the end of any temporary deal surely TF is honour bound to make sure any temporary deal is best for the club. Has he done that?

Without going over old ground, not saying it is right but TF could say they tried to get a temporary run off deal at the Ricoh but it was rejected but since moving us away the deals have slowly got a bit better for the club haven't they?

Again, it depends on the final outcome doesn't it? If the club goes to shit, I am more than happy to see them all locked up ;) Quite happy to say that all sides are doing a shit job too.

italiahorse

Might have been 1.8m. Can't remember exactly. This is prior to sisu

You will find that ACL proposed a deal that went up and down depending on league. Ccfc wanted a fixed deal presumably expecting a quick return to the PL. A rent of £1.4M would then be relatively cheap (?). It was also outgoing rent at HR.
The risk to CCFC was the high rent if they went down the divisions. The risk came home.

Users who are viewing this thread