CBS issues (1 Viewer)

skyblue1991

Am I right in saying the Birmingham 22 logo was burned off the pitch as a means of removing it? That obviously wouldn't have helped if true!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

theferret

I don't know what happened to the pitch after the rugby 7s final as it didn't look as bare as pictures above. Although if you watch the game you can see the grass being torn up with every foot step taken,which I imagine is more the issue than lack of grass in parts.

They put a load of sand on it I think. Probably makes it look worse.

theferret

There's nothing really they can do though is there? As I've said previously new turf takes weeks to bed in and root and it's equally as pointless putting new seed down as that won't take for up to two weeks and even then it's around a month before you can walk on it, if not longer.

There is a lot you can do. Uneven patches can be levelled out and crucially they can give it a drenching to soften it and ensure there is give. Whether this is enough we will see, but I am guessing it will be.

jordan210

Ive seen a few comments saying the pitch wasnt great even before the egg chasers got on it. Well I think these two pictures before and after blow that out the window. This lies solely on the door step of the Wasps.

Just because the grass is super green doesn’t mean its Perfect

in the first picture. You can still see divots and how uneven it is.

Something wasn’t right when the pitch was laid.

My guess was the pitch hasn’t has time to bed in. Wasn’t there a concert like 2 weeks before the commonwealth?

2-3 weeks isn’t very long to allow everything to settle and bed in esp if your then going to play 11 games worth of rugby on it.

ceetee

There's a photo of the pitch in this morning's Daily Telegraph with a comment that the game is in doubt

KenilworthSkyBlue

There is a lot you can do. Uneven patches can be levelled out and crucially they can give it a drenching to soften it and ensure there is give. Whether this is enough we will see, but I am guessing it will be.

I'm unsure how that will solve the issue of the sizeable divots that are littered all over the pitch, especially on the side of the dugout.

Terry_dactyl

Ah ffs!
Tickets and hotels sorted for this one. I’ll be well pissed off.
Mrs D was saying last night there’s talk on Facebook that it could be called off..which I dismissed immediately as nonsense.

Is the car museum open on Sundays?

lordy_87

Ive seen a few comments saying the pitch wasnt great even before the egg chasers got on it. Well I think these two pictures before and after blow that out the window. This lies solely on the door step of the Wasps.
What a shame

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I really hope it's called off, if only to highlight the rediculous idea of a football club trying to share a pitch and play the beautiful game after a load of fat neanderthals have been pushing and shoving each other around on it.

Fucking pointless game played with a weird shaped ball played by fat cunts who only go backwards!!! (Rugby im on about)
Sounds like our playstyle a bit, sideways backwards

theferret

Ah ffs!
Tickets and hotels sorted for this one. I’ll be well pissed off.
Mrs D was saying last night there’s talk on Facebook that it could be called off..which I dismissed immediately as nonsense.

Is the car museum open on Sundays?

People casually calling for it to be off because it will give wasps a bloody nose forget about people like you. Genuinely hope it is on and you haven't wasted your money.

Londonccfcfan

If it's canceled I'm a bit bit screwed. Already booked a hotel which we can't change that late. Potentially gonna have a couple of sad kids to entertain that Sunday. Any suggestions for West Midlands attractions I could hit if it is off? Hotel is in Warwick. Did the Castle last time we were up so need something different. Quick Google think Hatton Adventure is close anyone been? Worth a trip? Kids 7 & 10. Might make a thread on the non Football but any suggestions appreciated
I'm no grounds man but you guess they would be giving the pitch a good soaking to then at be least be able to level it out.

Grendel

SBB’s comments are pretty telling

Despite all the scoffing we can play hard ball it’s obvious we knew we had to sell this window. We have over valued our players and can’t sell. It sounds like both clubs are teetering on the brink

Grendel

The fuck does that have to do with the pitch?

because we have no money and will now have two games at least cancelled which makes the situation dire

Brighton Sky Blue

Despite all the scoffing we can play hard ball it’s obvious we knew we had to sell this window. We have over valued our players and can’t sell. It sounds like both clubs are teetering on the brink

Well clearly O’Hare was going to depart. What alarms me is the hint that Seppalla can’t draw in any more cash

KenilworthSkyBlue

Well clearly O’Hare was going to depart. What alarms me is the hint that Seppalla can’t draw in any more cash

Indeed. Which begs the question of what's the club's strategy to bridge the gap in the short term. I assume one of Hamer and Gyokeres is going to have to be sold, and soon. Assuming there's takers.

Frankly_Mr_Shankly

It doesn't need to be off, and frankly it affecting our style of play, while true, shouldn't be a factor at all in that decision.

It's fine for me and others, I live a 15 minute walk away, but others go to huge lengths to get to games and fans come first in my opinion.

I don't buy that it is dangerous, the pitch will be in a better condition now than when the last few 7s games were played. Different sport yes, but no suggestion whatsoever that it was dangerous at that point.

Hope the ref puts this all the bed later and we can look forward to the game tomorrow.
Maybe sliding tackles along a rock hard mud/sand pitch could be classed as dangerous!!

Moff

Sorry G, but are you saying Sisu would let the club go down the pan and lose everything, rather than invest a cash injection to preserve their investment.

Im sorry I don’t buy it, we may be short on cash but I don’t think we are teetering.

pusbccfc

I'm sure he knows, but there's something else to do with Wasps/Ricoh that hitting us financially right now. I'll let you guess what it might be.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Sorry G, but are you saying Sisu would let the club go down the pan and lose everything, rather than invest a cash injection to preserve their investment.

Im sorry I don’t buy it, we may be short on cash but I don’t think we are teetering.

The club pretty much operates hand to mouth.

Seemingly a player sale was needed anyway. Without revenue earned from home games on top of that, that's going to cause a pretty sizeable cash flow issue.

Users who are viewing this thread