CBS issues (10 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

If you were able to force these issues then I'm sure they would have tried.

Now it's a pretty pointless debate though. What needs to be done to get us a playable surface is the issue.

Well someone needs to fork out for better pitch maintenance staff than is currently available.

robbiethemole

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks sisu know Wasps are trying to manage their own administration around the corner the way that they did with ours.

What they're doing by not forcing the pitch is building up a significant enough charge against Wasps so we can force the admin and get someone more favourable to manage it which will result in a ccfc owned arena.
Christ, not that smug c**t Appleton again

Brighton Sky Blue

The people that own the pitch and are contracted to do it.

Unfortunately they can't afford it and I doubt would agree to us doing it and withholding rent for it so it's going to go legal.

I guess if nobody tries then nobody's failed and both parties can appear to be in the right, all the while our season becomes more disrupted each week. Both sides need to actually talk to each other and realise they both look bad and are both losing out from this.

stupot07

If you were able to force these issues then I'm sure they would have tried.

Now it's a pretty pointless debate though. What needs to be done to get us a playable surface is the issue.
Exactly. Just trying to shift the blame to the club is like trying to reorder the deckchairs on the titanic. Wasps are the stadium owners, they look after the pitch, they promised to relay a new pitch. Its entirely their fault. We are where we are.

I'm not sure where the cost if £100k comes from anyway, Wembley's pitch cost £250k to relay in 2010. With inflation that would cost £312k now.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Well someone needs to fork out for better pitch maintenance staff than is currently available.
We already paid, or at least contributed, to the heat lamps. Where does it end?

If we're paying the cost of everything because Wasps have no money then that's a major contract renegotiation which I doubt would be quick as we'll want that cost offset elsewhere at the very least

chiefdave

Exactly. Just trying to shift the blame to the club is like trying to reorder the deckchairs on the titanic. Wasps are the stadium owners, they look after the pitch, they promised to relay a new pitch. Its entirely their fault. We are where we are.

I'm not sure where the cost if £100k comes from anyway, Wembley's pitch cost £250k to relay in 2010. With inflation that would cost £312k now.

Was just going to say the same, the Telegraph when reporting on the planned pitch improvements mentioned how much Swansea pay to have a pitch suitable for duel sports.
Swansea spend around £30,000 every year to ensure the turf is in top condition, although, ahead of the 2019/20 campaign, the club forked out more than £550,000 to completely renew their pitch

Saddlebrains

Im sick of this

This will result in a Relegation scrap

No way this doesnt have an affect on the players and staff.

The one time we have a good season, the one time that for thte first time in 20 years it looked like we weren't a fucking backwards club with actual prospects and targets, all the off field stuff not being an issue then BAM

Wasps are cunts i bang that drum everyday, but now Boddy finally admits we've known about this for 2 months after flat out denying it the other day really fucks me off.

I really think we will be playing elsewhere again, and if that happens them sorry il be asking for my hard earned £450 spent on me and the kids season ticket money back.

I'm not going through that shit again

Might sack this and twitter off for a few days now as its really getting me down.

Grendel

I don't know but has it occurred to you that it's Wasps fault not ours?

Where have I said otherwise. What would you do about it?

Briles

Im sick of this

This will result in a Relegation scrap

No way this doesnt have an affect on the players and staff.

The one time we have a good season, the one time that for thte first time in 20 years it looked like we weren't a fucking backwards club with actual prospects and targets, all the off field stuff not being an issue then BAM

Wasps are cunts i bang that drum everyday, but now Boddy finally admits we've known about this for 2 months after flat out denying it the other day really fucks me off.

I really think we will be playing elsewhere again, and if that happens them sorry il be asking for my hard earned £450 spent on me and the kids season ticket money back.

I'm not going through that shit again

Might sack this and twitter off for a few days now as its really getting me down.

I'd still trade where we are now from where we were. It's all relative. If someone offered you this situation 5 years ago you'd snap their hand off. I get it's frustrating, especially as we have bought season tickets off the back of an amazing season. But ground sharing is always and always will be, shite

chiefdave

Just popped on the Wasps forum in the hope they might finally now be acknowledging there's a problem only to find Shugs saying he hopes Wasps don't make any statement and "It’s quite obvious everything is being done to get it right". Completely delusional.

fernandopartridge

Absolute nonsense isn't it. It comes across as wasps apologist nonsense.

The idea we would just take it off the rent is bonkers. Wasps would take us to court for not paying rent.

No it isn't, you agree with Wasps that given they can't invest in the pitch you will invest some of the rent in it, no court needs to be involved in basic commercial negotiation

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

OldBedrocker

Realistically what action could the club have taken. What they were told was that a new pitch wasn't being laid as promised. It doesn't then follow automatically that Wasps are going to do fuck all to ensure the current pitch is fit for purpose. You can still have a reasonable exception that the most basic criteria of leasing a football stadium would be met.
Exactly they said “we’re not relaying the pitch” not “we’re not relaying the pitch and doing fuck all to the current one”

stupot07

No it isn't, you agree with Wasps that given they can't invest in the pitch you will invest some of the rent in it, no court needs to be involved in basic commercial negotiation

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
That entirely relies on wasps agreeing. They need cash flow, they aren't arsed about the pitch.

How much do you think a new pitch would cost. ChiefDaves most up to date figures for Swansea 2019/20 for a dual use pitch cost £500k. How much annual rent do we actually pay? £600k? £750k? Can wasps really afford in a monthly drop from £50k- 62.5k per month rent income to £8.3k- 21.1k per month when we take the cost of the pitch off it? They are the verge of going pop and in need of a handout.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

We already paid, or at least contributed, to the heat lamps. Where does it end?

If we're paying the cost of everything because Wasps have no money then that's a major contract renegotiation which I doubt would be quick as we'll want that cost offset elsewhere at the very least

Which is working towards the conclusion that the people in charge of neither CCFC nor Wasps are fit for purpose

Ash

That entirely relies on wasps agreeing. They need cash flow, they aren't arsed about the pitch.

The thing is, Wasps will need a safe playable surface as well for when their season starts, think a lot of people are overlooking this fact when they say they couldn’t give a fuck about it.

The fact there’s been an independent agronomist inspecting the pitch and deeming it unsafe will have them a lot more worried than before.

Users who are viewing this thread