CBS issues (6 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

Just basics isn't it.

Inform the customers that there may be a potential issue as soon as they knew (July).

Promise that they will still be able to attend the game (free of charge with a refund)

Offer something like an extra ticket to premium lounge for a game later in the season.

pusbccfc

still don’t see how treating premium customers like dog shit can Be defended

As this also clear it was known why are we letting them know now

Would have been fuss it they let fans know in July too. As the email states, this has happened before and they have found solutions.

pusbccfc

Just basics isn't it.

Inform the customers that there may be a potential issue as soon as they knew (July).

Promise that they will still be able to attend the game (free of charge with a refund)

Offer something like an extra ticket to premium lounge for a game later in the season.

We're still run like a lower league club unfortunately.

SBAndy

Just to clear this up:

a) box holders always sit out in the open. We have designated seats outside the box which will be in use for this game.
b) box holders will have access to the general lounge pre-match. It’s not a nightmare, and certainly not as bad as the Blackpool game last season when we were on the concourse.
c) when there was disruption for the Birmingham game last season, we were upgraded to the Platinum dining lounge free of charge.

It’s not the end of the world by any means and I appreciate a lot of the above are only superficial issues, but if you pay for a certain service you expect it. I pay a (relatively) fucking lot of money for it and they’ve not had the decency to flag it up until now.

Grendel

Just to clear this up:

a) box holders always sit out in the open. We have designated seats outside the box which will be in use for this game.
b) box holders will have access to the general lounge pre-match. It’s not a nightmare, and certainly not as bad as the Blackpool game last season when we were on the concourse.
c) when there was disruption for the Birmingham game last season, we were upgraded to the Platinum dining lounge free of charge.

It’s not the end of the world by any means and I appreciate a lot of the above are only superficial issues, but if you pay for a certain service you expect it. I pay a (relatively) fucking lot of money for it and they’ve not had the decency to flag it up until now.

no upgrade this season?

Grendel

Not the point. Should be refund and complimentary ticket. These people contribute significant amounts.

the fact they knew about it makes it worse. I don’t know if Boddy actually wrote the response - I have to assume he didn’t - but it’s a terrible communication

pusbccfc

Not the point. Should be refund and complimentary ticket. These people contribute significant amounts.

Giving refunds for expensive box tickets plus paying out for, say, 3000 adult tickets is something the club can't afford it seems.

mark82

The club needs to attract business and corporate clients. It’s hugely important to revenue and is used by companies to host clients and invites will have been sent

Cancelling is literally meaning these clients will be going to other clubs in the future

This. Businesses use boxes to host clients, clients that they've now had to let down and are potentially less likely to do business with them (although I'm not sure subjecting them to CCFC in the first place is wise).

ceetee

Agree with Grendel. It wasn't the club's fault that ACL had tied up the facilities during the football season but, by not advising the customer as soon as they realised, the club has made it their problem. Hoping that it could be resolved and nobody would notice is not the way

SkyBlueSoul

No-one sits behind the goal so give them a few seats there, whack a few gazebos up so it still feels a bit like a box, then let them vent their frustration by punching anyone who tries to jib their way in. Simple and cheap.

D

Deleted member 2477

Does that mean there wont be any prawn sandwiches available at half time and 50/50 ccfc and wasps scarfs

Hiraeth

Bring back half time entertainment at the CBS Arena.
Suggest a boxing ring in the centre circle so all you people that hurl abuse at one another on this forum can climb in and kick shit out of each other.
Ffs.
For a moment there I thought you were going to suggest that the forum dress up and start dancing like the Sky Blue Crew

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We haven't contacted you before because we hoped we might persuade them to let us have the boxes.

Genius.

But hey, three working days' notice smacks of professionalism,.
Well, until recently the solution was no game taking place.

Very unprofessional stance. You don't just wing it hoping you can find a solution. You inform people that there is a likelihood they won't be getting what they paid for and offer complimentary tickets elsewhere. Yes, there may be some unnecessary blowback even if they do eventually get to use the box, but if not at least they've got time to inform guests they may have invited and just make other plans. But that blowback would have been nothing compared to the shit they're going to get now. And chances are they'll have lost a lot of revenue for people who won't book them again.

It's just so poor and so easily avoided.

SBT

Funny, I was assured by numerous people on here that the club was doing a flawless job with communicating possible disruption, I wonder what could have possibly happened here.

You'll Never Beat McPake

So the announcement informing box holders that they had been double booked coincided with pitch being given the ok to play on. Me thinks they were hoping to avoid making this announcement as the pitch may still have been unfit for playing.

SlowerThanPlatt

the fact they knew about it makes it worse. I don’t know if Boddy actually wrote the response - I have to assume he didn’t - but it’s a terrible communication

52583517-8BD6-484F-920D-DFC94A2F1817.jpeg

“While none of this is ideal for us financially as a club” 🤯 like they’re doing them a favour

Users who are viewing this thread