Cautious robins (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Any reason we didn’t give it a go today and keep the play off chance alive ? Wtf was that ?

PVA

What was so cautious about it compared to other games? Would you rather have played two up front when the only option is Waghorn?

We were the better team in the first half. Didn't look extra cautious to me.

cc84cov

What was so cautious about it compared to other games? Would you rather have played two up front when the only option is Waghorn?

Play off charge ended on a wimper

stupot07

To be fair, once Sheff United went 1-0 up and only a win would have kept us mathematically in it, even the WBA commentary team on iFollow were saying that they were surprised we didn't try and throw the kitchen sink at them in the last 10 mins.

I said in the match thread that Robins made a mistake for his bench

1x gk
1 x cb
1 x lwb
2 x cdm
1 x cm
1 x St

Eccles and Shipley should have been sacrificed for Taveres and Jones or Bapaga just to give some attacking options, despite them arguable not having the same quality of those on the bench.

It did end in a whimper in the end sadly.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Deity

I take it you didn’t look at the options he selected for the bench then …..

lord_garrincha

Being there, and it is different from watching on the TV... I was more concerned with the draft, it was cold, I thought the 2nd half performance was really good... Yes they can be a bit slow in the build up, and ultimately that does kill them for chances... But no complaints from me today.

Grendel

What a waste of a year it’s been for Jones. Clearly Robins does not rate him one bit

It’s pretty random and demoralising for Jones but I’m sure it’s great man management

rob9872

Might have had something to do with West Brom sittung deep and plauinh like the away team. You're such a fanny on here.

CovBrummie94

I left the ground disappointed feeling we should have gone for it to keep our playoff hopes alive, but who was on the bench to give us the attacking impetus.

Was O’Hare injured? Because to drag him after 60 was strange. I also felt it was strange to take Sheaf off before Hamer’s injury as Sheaf was running the show.

I do feel Waghorn and Kelly gave a good account of themselves on a day when nobody really stood out. Strange away day. The atmosphere felt a bit flat all game too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

we used to sing

one mark robins
Picks the wrong team
Plays for a draw
We’re never going up with him in charge

He’s cautious but has improved so so much. We need to be careful what we wish for

Adge

I left the ground disappointed feeling we should have gone for it to keep our playoff hopes alive, but who was on the bench to give us the attacking impetus.

Was O’Hare injured? Because to drag him after 60 was strange. I also felt it was strange to take Sheaf off before Hamer’s injury as Sheaf was running the show.

I do feel Waghorn and Kelly gave a good account of themselves on a day when nobody really stood out. Strange away day. The atmosphere felt a bit flat all game too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Think Sheaf took a knock aswell but managed to carry on-that was before Hamer went off instead.

higgs

I wondered that myself, although I think Jones is obviously finished here.
It seemed like he was getting a chance after the Huddersfield game putting in that peach of a cross

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

fatso

It seemed like he was getting a chance after the Huddersfield game putting in that peach of a cross

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Too little too late it would seem.
He certainly hasn't earnt another contract, and personally I'd like to see another new signing brought in who could really help take us to another level.

harvey098

Not really sure what much more we could’ve done in terms of substitutions / formation.

Sticking 4 up front is fine if a couple are target men so you can just lump it up and don’t need a midfield. Unfortunately we don’t have that so have to keep midfield and width from wing backs.

Think we would’ve just pushed up much higher and gambled but the last 5 minutes we’re defending set pieces due to a few silly fouls.

Grendel

You know that?

regarding Jones pretty clearly yes that’s been obvious after the first game - he’s barely been used since

Tavares was only in the squad due to injuries - even Shipley was preferred yesterday

Users who are viewing this thread