Carsley, what sre you thinking?! (1 Viewer)

Look at this team for tonight:
Coventry City: Murphy, Christie, Martin, Cameron, Dickinson, Moussa, Baker (c), Jennings, Bailey, McSheffrey, Clarke
Subs: Dunn (GK), J Clarke, Thomas, Bell, Fleck, McDonald, Edjenguele

Madness, absoloute madness. Cameron and Bailey were awful on Saturday, Moussa was sh*t too, he's left Cody on the bench and ruined his momentum now, dropped Edje, kept Sheffers in, what is he thinking? Worst selection he could have. After that, i fully expect us to lose now. Im very opimistic most of the time, but this is just madness. New manager, hurry the f*ck up

cyril

Calm down lad. It'll be good if it's 451 and Martin may be a left sided centre half.
If that's the case maybe fleck for shifty but looks ok to me

Ccfcisparks

Cameron = 3 games 2 clean sheets, can't argue with the facts mate. The Edge never keeps a clean sheet, and he played many games in a row. Cameron is more than likely rusty!

Moff

Coventry City: Murphy, Christie, Martin, Cameron, Dickinson, Moussa, Baker (c), Jennings, Bailey, McSheffrey, Clarke

Madness, absoloute madness. Cameron and Bailey were awful on Saturday, Moussa was sh*t too, he's left Cody on the bench and ruined his momentum now, dropped Edje, kept Sheffers in, what is he thinking? Worst selection he could have. After that, i fully expect us to lose now. Im very opimistic most of the time, but this is just madness. New manager, hurry the f*ck up

Nothing like some good old fashioned optimism, before we kick a ball :facepalm:

Calm down lad. It'll be good if it's 451 and Martin may be a left sided centre half.
If that's the case maybe fleck for shifty but looks ok to me

Cody needed to start to keep the momentum he had going. Cameron was woeful and IMO there is no excuse for dropping Edje instead of him. Bailey was just awful on Saturday, Moussa was dire when he came on, plus Fleck should be given a chance. And im not a fan of the 451 at all. Not a good team at all IMO

stupot07

Cody needed to start to keep the momentum he had going. Cameron was woeful and IMO there is no excuse for dropping Edje instead of him. Bailey was just awful on Saturday, Moussa was dire when he came on, plus Fleck should be given a chance. And im not a fan of the 451 at all. Not a good team at all IMO

Fleck was also awful when he came on.

Nathccfc

Can't see much wrong with that team tbh, fair enough Cody has been scoring but its been at the division below, also Clarke has been scoring... Seems like an alright team to me.

BeanCCFC

Cameron was one of the better players at weekend. Apart from his off the line attempt I thought he had a decent game

ccfctommy

Edge was just as bad as Cameron if not worse.

dongonzalos

Seems ok to me.

Edge has been having shockers
Bailey is normally one of our best.

Would have liked to see Cody start but he will have an impact

Mucca Mad Boys

You chat some shit.

Edj was worse than Cameron, Edj was at fault for 2nd goal NOT Cam! He was miles out of position, if you were more observational, you would've seen that. Cameron wasn't great, but we have no one to replace him at CB while Wood is injured. Bailey was awful, granted, and maybe shouldn't have started with him, but he has been our best CM this season, Thomas should've started, possibly Fleck to. Sheff wasn't great, but we don't have a sub winger really, Moussa has more ability than Elliott (who he replaced, who was our worst player) and Cody should not have started, he was recalled yesterday, and I don't think he should start anyway, we were right to drop 4-4-2. Good selection Carsley!

The player not starting who should be is Thomas should've started and possibly Fleck. Elliott deserves to be left home.

'Dicko' was shit on Saturday, but no replacement really.

mark82

Cody and Clarke up front together. Would be interesting.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Tbf i can see why hes gone 1 up front away from home. So dont see the issue.

Players have bad games (admittedly more often than not when in Coventry colours) but you can't always hold it against them especially when the manage obviously doesnt think the replacements are up for it

skybluesham

dicko was good

You chat some shit.

Edj was worse than Cameron, Edj was at fault for 2nd goal NOT Cam! He was miles out of position, if you were more observational, you would've seen that. Cameron wasn't great, but we have no one to replace him at CB while Wood is injured. Bailey was awful, granted, and maybe shouldn't have started with him, but he has been our best CM this season, Thomas should've started, possibly Fleck to. Sheff wasn't great, but we don't have a sub winger really, Moussa has more ability than Elliott (who he replaced, who was our worst player) and Cody should not have started, he was recalled yesterday, and I don't think he should start anyway, we were right to drop 4-4-2. Good selection Carsley!

The player not starting who should be is Thomas should've started and possibly Fleck. Elliott deserves to be left home.

'Dicko' was shit on Saturday, but no replacement really.

no he werent but i still prefer adams

@richh87

Silly thread. Very sensible team. 4-4-2 was leaving us exposed to counter-attacks due to the lack of a designated holding player.

No room for McDonald in this system. I'd like to see Barton feature a lot more as he scores great goals from distance, but unfortunately he's just too lazy.

Mucca Mad Boys

Silly thread. Very sensible team. 4-4-2 was leaving us exposed to counter-attacks due to the lack of a designated holding player.

No room for McDonald in this system. I'd like to see Barton feature a lot more as he scores great goals from distance, but unfortunately he's just too lazy.

Not really lazy as such, languid would be better.

Then again, Xavi, Iniesta and co. would be considered lazy if they played in England.

Otis

Madness. Absolute madness ......... to think that this line-up was anything other than sensible.

stupot07

Not really lazy as such, languid would be better.

Then again, Xavi, Iniesta and co. would be considered lazy if they played in England.

No they wouldn't, they work hard both in and out of posession. Barca are brilliant at pressing quick and high which is why they win the ball back so often in dangerous areas.

ajsccfc

I'm surprised this thread turned out as it seems to. I mean, what can Lee Carsley possibly know about football compared to Liam?

eyeseye_us

he who speaks fast eats humble pie fastest. great win by city.well done carsley.well done lads.

skyblue4ever

Wat were u saying?

Users who are viewing this thread