Carsley To play? (1 Viewer)

Bloodnut1964

Lee Carsley has told City Boss Andy Thorn that he is still registered with City as a player, what does everyone think of him playing or being on the bench even?
My personal opinion is get him on the field as we need some experience and a bit of steel in Midfield.

chiefdave

on the radio he said he thought he club still held his registration but didn't seem to keen on playing but who knows given how thin the squad is.

rob9872

I liked Carsley and worth him staying fit in case we lose Sammy, but why everyone thinks this is a fix I don't know. It was mentioned plenty on Saturday too and I'm mystified as to where everyone thinks he can fit into this diamond. Sammy is one of the few bright spots for me so far and Carsley will not have the engine to be in any more of the advanced attcking options. He could sit and do a fine job if fit and if we lose SC through this window, then he would be an option, but never in the same team unless we revert to 4-4-2

TalkSkyBlue

Timing of Carsely's potential availability will open up discussion on who is leaving next. Leeds have not a good start either and it would not be suprising if they coming knocking for Clingan.

Walking Bird

If he's available then get him up to match fitness a soon as possible. The same 11 players are not going to be able to play every single match.

BurbageSkyBlues

I think the goal conceded at brum is a prime example of how we miss Lee Carsley. That ball that was played back in, after the save, would have been cut out by a more experienced player,

Kuklinski

If Carsley is the answer we may as well pack the lot in. Average player 1st time here, and no better 2nd time around.

skybluejelly

i think its more the case of carsley missing a footballers salary..he can not be on much coaching the under 18's and probably thinks he can get the same wages as last year on a pay as you play deal

ccfctommy

He wont get a contract our a 'footballers salary' out of it. His job is to coach the youth team. I think we should only use him in dire emergencies.

Sterling Archer

We don't need Carsley, we're currently having problems in the final 1/3 of the field. Defensively we are sound. If Carsley were to play, he'd be replacing Clingan which is just ludicrous. Especially as Carsley was barely able to move from a 5 yard radius last season. His legs have gone and we have Clingan in the only role he "could" play. No thanks.

ccfc2011

No he's to old lee concentrate on coaching

Bloodnut1964

Well to put this debate that I started to bed, Andy Thorn has said "we won't be asking former skipper Lee Carsley to come out of retirement. That's not a route to go down, we need to move on and Lee is doing a great job with the under - 18's"

Users who are viewing this thread