Cars (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Im looking at replacing my Vauxhall Corsa. Any one any suggestions if decent replacements out there?

Have only test driven a Golf 1.6 so far. Nice drive, but prices are pretty high.

Preferably brand new, although A3 and Golfs which id prefer are pretty steep price wise brand new (unless anyone knows places that do decent deals on these ;) )

Grendel

Im looking at replacing my Vauxhall Corsa. Any one any suggestions if decent replacements out there?

Have only test driven a Golf 1.6 so far. Nice drive, but prices are pretty high.

Preferably brand new, although A3 and Golfs which id prefer are pretty steep price wise brand new (unless anyone knows places that do decent deals on these ;) )

Go on some websites. If you want Audi and VW new product try Orange Wheels.com

Senior Vick from Alicante

Try the Hyundai i30. Great build quality for the price, bigger inside than a golf with loads more kit as standard and a 5 year warranty and break down cover. You can also get up to 17% discount on New depending who you work for.

Grendel

I've been on websites. Both new and used (auto trader and exchange and mart), listers etc, but apart from the two models mentioned, dont know what to look for. Want something thats nice inside and out

Depends what you want really. If new you could look at seat and fiat similar models as alternatives.

Certain websites will offer maximum new car deals such as orange wheels, auto by tel, broad speed, car quake. Get a quote from them and try and get a local dealer to match.

Plenty of ex demos now as its post march as well.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Try the Hyundai i30. Great build quality for the price, bigger inside than a golf with loads more kit as standard and a 5 year warranty and break down cover. You can also get up to 17% discount on New depending who you work for.

I did think about the i30 when they were first announced but since seeing them on the road, im not keen. Prefer the i40, but bit too big for what I need.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Depends what you want really. If new you could look at seat and fiat similar models as alternatives.

Certain websites will offer maximum new car deals such as orange wheels, auto by tel, broad speed, car quake. Get a quote from them and try and get a local dealer to match.

Plenty of ex demos now as its post march as well.

Was thinking ex demo would be a good route to go. Especially as im a tight guy and would want to keep the cost down where possible ;)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Bought this last Tuesday. Ford Focus Zetec 1600. Diesel

Ford-Focus-Zetec-1_zps00c3e25c.gif

rob9872

You can have my A4 for a knockdown price if you like ..... although i dont think my employers will be too pleased :)

Houchens Head

It's the first Ford I've had since my old '79 Cortina!

Last edited:

Marty

Why do you want brand new? buy something a couple of years old for half the price.

Skoda Octavia, Vauxhall Astra, Seat Leon, Volvo S40/S60.

If I could afford a new car, I'd go for the new Focus 1.0 supercharged.

Houchens Head

My last Ford.........
Cortina20_zps2f3f265f.jpg

And here it is after my nephew bought it off me!
CortinaRemains_zpsca734835.jpg

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Why do you want brand new? buy something a couple of years old for half the price.

Skoda Octavia, Vauxhall Astra, Seat Leon, Volvo S40/S60.

If I could afford a new car, I'd go for the new Focus 1.0 supercharged.

Bought my corsa from new and never had any problems with it. So guess i just take for granted that ill encounter no / fewer problems with a brand new car.

Have looked for used ones for Golf and A3's because of their value. But these even second hand hold their value.

Do like the look of the new Leon. Volvo's interior (dash board) im not keen on

Marty

I've never owned a new car, but I've had 3 second hand cars, none older then 2 years old when brought and never once had a problem other then general wear. I'd say pay slightly more & buy 2nd hand from a dealership, at least if you do get problems they can always fix it under warranty (they usually give you 12 months).

Marty

Skoda Fabia VRS, VW Scirocco, What sort of car are you after?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Skoda Fabia VRS, VW Scirocco, What sort of car are you after?

I like sirocco's but only 4 Seater. Admittedly I hardly ever have a full car, but as parents dont drive, and family have kids (ie im a taxi lol), I don't think a 4 Seater is wise.

Want something that is nice on the inside and outside, but not family looking.

Would prefer 5 door but only really like golf in 5 door so probably end up with a 3 door again, and just have to have the passengers fight over whos not getting in the back ;)

Want a decent amount of toys too - golf i test drove had Bluetooth, touch screen, elec windows (front and back if 5 door), a/c, auto lights, wipers etc.

I've no idea about spec's, or performance when it comes to cars, but want summit that performs well. My corsa's only a 1.4 and pretty basic performance wise.

stupot07

The c'eed and pro c'eed do look alright tbf.

Yeah like the look of the c'eed.

I had a Mazda 3 courtesy car a couple of years ago. That was a nice drive.

Have you thought about leasing? My sister inlaw has leased her last couple of cars.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Yeah like the look of the c'eed.

I had a Mazda 3 courtesy car a couple of years ago. That was a nice drive.

Have you thought about leasing? My sister inlaw has leased her last couple of cars.

I hadnt, no. I got current car on PCP, where you get the option to buy / return / exchange at the end of it. I brought it outright 12 months ago. More so because i was in this predicament at that point, not knowing what else to get.

Have thought about the Astra GTC. Anyone got one / know anything about them?

Marty

I hadnt, no. I got current car on PCP, where you get the option to buy / return / exchange at the end of it. I brought it outright 12 months ago. More so because i was in this predicament at that point, not knowing what else to get.

Have thought about the Astra GTC. Anyone got one / know anything about them?

Yes, don't buy it in Arden blue, the paint work chips to fook & Vauxhall refuse to acknowledge the problem.

Marty

Renault Megane, New clio is out later this year too (if not already), Peugeot 307. Although I wouldn't touch anything French.

Marty

How old are you? have you considered anything like a 3 series. Pick up an 08 plate for 10-12k.

Users who are viewing this thread