Carlisle Highlights (1 Viewer)

LJC_CCFC

Just watched the highlights on SBP and I can't believe we didn't get anything out of the game, Leon Clarke alone could have had a hat trick. Also nice to see Jordan Clarke 'competing' in the air for their goal, bring Christie back in

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Just what I was thinking, on another day he would have had a hat trick. As I said on another post, I've only seen the last 2 home games since moving home and seen both Christie and Clarke play. They both look a bit fragile at times although I think Christie is better in the air and would have dealt with that cross. But they're both still young and learning so unfortunately I think we've got to be prepared to see this happening.

The one thing that is important is that we don't start getting on their backs at the home games, the squad needs 100% support at the moment. I've not seen us create so many chances in games like this in 3 or 4 years so give Leon a couple more games and I'm sure he'll start banging them in.

skybluesteve76

Some bad misses by both teams there. We had enough good chances to earn a point. What was Leon Clarke song for that free header at the back post?

dadgad

Just watched the highlights on SBP and I can't believe we didn't get anything out of the game, Leon Clarke alone could have had a hat trick. Also nice to see Jordan Clarke 'competing' in the air for their goal, bring Christie back in

Yes AND he's got the same surname as the bloke that missed a hat-trick. Unbelievable, stupid and irresponsible behaviour from the lad.

Mucca Mad Boys

So jordans mistake should be completely ignored dadgad?

Its not like ljc has laid into him or anything

No one said that, but is turning into a little bit of a witch hunt.

Not aimed at you (at LJC)

You didn't utter a word of complaint during Christie's 4 game stinker.

Mucca Mad Boys

Not condoning Clarke not jumping for the header, but that was a very well placed header from their lad!

CBs got ripped straight through the middle. Just saying.

Mucca Mad Boys

u talka bout our cbs as much as some of us talka bout right back....just saying

Point taken.

I talk about CB because we have 2 CBs (and Cameron, not sure what to make of him yet) who aren't that strong, yet receive no criticism whereas people rip into Clarke or Christie for mistakes, there was a chance that Carlisle should've scored, where a fairly simple pass opened up CB as Edj stepped up but didn't make a tackle, had this been a goal, I'm not sure people would moan at the CBs as much as they have to Clarke don't get me wrong, Clarke's mistake was stupid, and I haven't let him off, but it was bloody a good goal, whereas that chance they missed (the chance I was just talking about) was simpler.

We differ on what to change, you target RB as a position needed to strengthen, I respect that, but I believe it is more fundamental than that as I think CB needs to changed, and we need a LB because Adams' loan deal runs out tomorrow.

LJC_CCFC

Point taken.

I talk about CB because we have 2 CBs (and Cameron, not sure what to make of him yet) who aren't that strong, yet receive no criticism whereas people rip into Clarke or Christie for mistakes, there was a chance that Carlisle should've scored, where a fairly simple pass opened up CB as Edj stepped up but didn't make a tackle, had this been a goal, I'm not sure people would moan at the CBs as much as they have to Clarke don't get me wrong, Clarke's mistake was stupid, and I haven't let him off, but it was bloody a good goal, whereas that chance they missed (the chance I was just talking about) was simpler.

We differ on what to change, you target RB as a position needed to strengthen, I respect that, but I believe it is more fundamental than that as I think CB needs to changed, and we need a LB because Adams' loan deal runs out tomorrow.

Jordan Willis could be given a go at rb and cb, though I can't see Robins changing Wood and Edge but I do agree that no players should be exempt from criticism

Users who are viewing this thread