Carl Baker (1 Viewer)

ccfclinney

Yeah heard that proves how much he cares when he's prepared to drop down a division and how Pressley treated him before.. Fair play to him.. I would get him back tomorrow

Hobo

Does anybody remember Notts County away with thousands of city fans full of expectation? Bakers performance that day was like most of his performances....totally lackluster

oucho

Does anybody remember Notts County away with thousands of city fans full of expectation? Bakers performance that day was like most of his performances....totally lackluster

Yeah, or Southamton away in our last game in the champ where he ducked out of every tackle!!!

theferret

The whole team were woeful that day. Why pick out Baker?

He was an excellent player for us, and when he left us he went to a team that won promotion and won supporters player of the year. Massive mistake by Pressley.

theferret

The fawning Baker gets really does not match up to his career here.

What, including the season he scored 15 goals from midfield, was our leading scorer by a distance and won supporters play of the year? The following season he was treated badly imo, and then he left and went to a team that finished second and was singled out as their best player?

Not saying he should come back now, but never understood the stick he got from some fans here, who I am convinced would not know a good footballer if they shat on their face. Just saying.

Grendel

What, including the season he scored 15 goals from midfield, was our leading scorer by a distance and won supporters play of the year? The following season he was treated badly imo, and then he left and went to a team that finished second and was singled out as their best player?

Not saying he should come back now, but never understood the stick he got from some fans here, who I am convinced would not know a good footballer if they shat on their face. Just saying.

Take a look at their forum. They think he's a c**t.

Hobo

The whole team were woeful that day. Why pick out Baker?

He was an excellent player for us, and when he left us he went to a team that won promotion and won supporters player of the year. Massive mistake by Pressley.

I am not picking on him. Just pointing out he wasn't some football god. He had plenty of ball in the first half though, wasn't like he had a lack of service.

skybluetony176

He's a good league one player. It was no accident MK signing him and getting promoted while he wins player of the season. Not good enough to cut it in the championship but the type of player who may have played a big part in sustaining our promotion push. Probably explains why he has an offer from MK to stay on next season as they're readying themselves for life in league one again.

ajsccfc

He was certainly good for that season but that's really one out of four which doesn't tally with the hero worship he gets. I'll never agree with the odd ostracising that we seem to have given players at various points, but his reputation here was helped no end by his exit.

theferret

He was certainly good for that season but that's really one out of four which doesn't tally with the hero worship he gets. I'll never agree with the odd ostracising that we seem to have given players at various points, but his reputation here was helped no end by his exit.

I don't really think its hero worship, just an acknowledgement that he's a good player at this level, and he has two excellent seasons in this league - one for us and one at MK Dons. He was inconsistent at best in his final season for us I agree. He won't come back anyway, and I'm not arsed either way. Do like Baker though, and he is genuinely one of the most decent men you can meet, and that always plays a part in how an ex-player is judged.

ajsccfc

If you think he's a c**t and he puts you off coming here, might help to stop following him around threads and jumping on everything he says.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

If you think he's a c**t and he puts you off coming here, might help to stop following him around threads and jumping on everything he says.

As a matter of fact I don't have a look at my posting record over this season have not replied very often. I could use his "links" reply no doubt you'll find twenty responses to his 210,000 posts

"Would love to return to the club" a no brainier is you ask me!!

Cannot for the life of me understand the flak!!

Throughout his career Carl has scored 100 goals from 450 league games = 10 goals every season of 46 games plus numerous assists mostly from wide position.

Carl is king

Chipfat

Know a couple of lads in Liverpool that know him, they have never said a bad word about him if anything say he is great lad who is very down to earth fella. I don't think he ever let this club down or has said a bad word about it. As a player he showed he was good enough as a squad player in the championship, so not sure why he gets stick, more than a few pricks never mind bad players have played for us without half the stick he seems to get.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Sings a good rendition of Twist and Shout in Scholars at the end of the night also, for that reason I'm in!

covcity4life

well i always liked him and wouldnt mind him back in league one

but if mowbray can find better in the summer then brilliant

ceetee

I didn't berate him like some did when he was here, but I don't revere him. like some do, now he's gone. But we have all moved on and I wouldn't go back.

One thing he said last night made a lot of sense. We don't move the ball out from the back quick enough and that gives the opposition time to regain their shape. It seems the only ones who can't see that are the players and the management.

chiefdave

Has been constantly in touch with coaches at the club for months now stating his desire to return.

Is he on a 1 year deal at MK? Just had a look at his stats and despite being out injured for 3 months he's their second highest scorer. Would be surprised if they don't offer him a contract next season when they'll likely be back in L1.

He's not the worlds greatest player but he's a decent L1 player. I'm not desperate to have him back but would have no issue if he was to sign.

mark_ccfc

Honest bloke who gave his all. Decent bloke who engaged with the fans, wore the shirt with pride and never had a bad word for our fans, City or team. Opposite to Grendel really.

Winny the Bish

I'd much rather Baker join in the summer than a loan player who doesn't know where Coventry is on a map and won't fight tooth and nail to get promotion.

Users who are viewing this thread