Carl Baker (1 Viewer)

shoesmith81

Is he good enough?

On his day he can be class, but he can be so frustrating at times giving the ball away.

I admit he puts in 110% effort but is he good enough?

Otis

Just wondering if their goal today was partly down to him or to Cyrus Christie?

Christie's throw, but there seemed to be a bit of an argument between them after as to whose fault it was in giving the ball away.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Christie's throw, but there seemed to be a bit of an argument between them after as to whose fault it was in giving the ball away.

Should not have been a throw.. it was bloody handball by their player. He handled it out.. useless lino didnt spot it though... klutz he was and related to Mr Magoo...

Covstu

This really pisses me off, he has been one of the most consistent performers in our team all season, he is playing really well and then gets shit all of a sudden. :jerkit::jerkit:

pusbccfc

He only looked bad today, cause he was the only player actually trying to do do something about the scoreline

stupot07

Should not have been a throw.. it was bloody handball by their player. He handled it out.. useless lino didnt spot it though... klutz he was and related to Mr Magoo...

That doesn't retract from the fact that baker lost the ball to which they broke and scored from.

Today baker chose the wrong option far too many times - he was greedy and shot from 20+yards when he should have passed and passed when he should have scored. And I can't remember him putting in 1 decent cross.

All of the midfield were poor today.

That doesn't retract from the fact that baker lost the ball to which they broke and scored from.

Today baker chose the wrong option far too many times - he was greedy and shot from 20+yards when he should have passed and passed when he should have scored. And I can't remember him putting in 1 decent cross.

All of the midfield were poor today.

Think I argue that Baker as the player to throw to was the wrong option... even it was a throw?

The midfield were bogged down and static/square... its apparent to me that they rarely get beyond the front man.. Moose did Ok at times i thought and Jennings was solid?

stupot07

Think I argue that Baker as the player to throw to was the wrong option... even it was a throw?

The midfield were bogged down and static/square... its apparent to me that they rarely get beyond the front man.. Moose did Ok at times i thought and Jennings was solid?

I though Moussa was ok first half and Jennings too buy overall we never controlled the game often overplayed and chose the wrong option.

LJC_CCFC

It was wood diving in to try and tackle the player with the ball who then played the ball to Madden in a wide open space where he couldn't miss

stupot07

It was wood diving in to try and tackle the player with the ball who then played the ball to Madden in a wide open space where he couldn't miss

But the move started early than that, and was caused by us losing the ball high up the pitch with too many men committed forward.

Wood defended poorly but we were left 5 on 3 on the break.

Mucca Mad Boys

Last couple of games he's been OK, but hasn't performed that well (compared to the previous performances) since Stevenage away in the League.

Moussa hasn't really performed as well as we know he can since MK Dons, bar PNE away.

Time to shuffle the pack a bit I think, CT to come in at CM with Bailey, Moussa LM with Sheff or Fleck behind either Clarke or Elliott.

Something that is REALLY pissing me off with MR ATM is his subs, too predictable and today, he should've took Clarke off for Elliott, not McSheff. I think people are v harsh on Clarke, but today he wasn't going to score, and didn't play better in 4-4-2, which 'suits' him (NOT CRITICISING THE FORMATION HERE!) it should've been a straight swap.

When we play 4-4-2 the team becomes so so naive it is unreal, trying to 'beat' teams like Yeovil in the air - just not going to happen!

Last edited:
Think I argue that Baker as the player to throw to was the wrong option... even it was a throw?<br />
<br />
<br />

Absolutely- marked by two men and worse still at chest height!

Simple ball down the line to bailey was on

Mucca Mad Boys

But the move started early than that, and was caused by us losing the ball high up the pitch with too many men committed forward.

Wood defended poorly but we were left 5 on 3 on the break.

Wood made some good tackles.

I wonder if Edjenguele actually aims his headers or passes.

MR persists too much with some players - I think some are starting to get complacent.

FabDebec

It's all a popularity contest, Baker is and always will be the unfashionable player to like. He's suffering from last season's disappointing lacktustre performances - this season he's been a different player but I don't think last season is forgotten. Best player of L1 for us by a long shot, leading by example.

Let's be honest, if he tweeted he'd have 110% more popularity - lest we forget the highly mediocre #OllyNorwood and the current #Edje who is almost immune to criticism (BUT THEY RETWEETED ME THEY'RE LEGENDS!!!OMFG!!!)

Mucca Mad Boys

It's all a popularity contest, Baker is and always will be the unfashionable player to like. He's suffering from last season's disappointing lacktustre performances - this season he's been a different player but I don't think last season is forgotten. Best player of L1 for us by a long shot, leading by example.

Let's be honest, if he tweeted he'd have 110% more popularity - lest we forget the highly mediocre #OllyNorwood and the current #Edje who is almost immune to criticism (BUT THEY RETWEETED ME THEY'RE LEGENDS!!!OMFG!!!)

Agreed, if Edj weren't such a legend on twitter, communicating really well with CCFC fans, he'd be the 1st player to be criticised. Probably a fact.

Baker has been class so far this season. I cannot for the life of me think why anybody would think any different. Ask any team in this league if they would like a player in his position who have scored and created so much. FFS major over reaction of the "lets find a player to blame" brigade.

We now have another thread on blaming the edge because of his twitter comments LOL

Baker is good enough of course- and yet he thrills and frustrates in equal measure- sometimes he seems to have the ball on a string as he twists this way and that... and then having had the ball under a spell- gives it away so cheaply in the next moment. This is why he is a 3rd division footballer- not a criticism but to heap wrath on him as some seem to do after a couple of unfortunate defeats in my view is not warranted?

RichieGunns

The thing is no player can sustain the same form indefinately.

At some point they need to have a 1 or 2 games on the bench to rest.

Bell coming back would have given Baker the chance to have one game on the bench to rest himself.

He and several members of the team are looking shattered and I think MR will ring the changes to affect this.

To think a player will keep up the same level of performances week in week out is rediculous.

And before you say it, Premiership Managers are prone to resting their experienced players as well.

If you don't the players will burn out...it happens in every job on this planet I'm afraid!

Gazzmac

I think baker has found his level and wont be able to compete and higher. He will always have a good spell and bad spell. If we was too go up he wouldn't be good enough for the starting 11.

wingy

He was shattered yesterday and along with 2-3 others should have been rested ,otherwise what is the point of having this huge squad that is meant to give us an advantage over all those other teams with squads of 15-20.:confused:

RichieGunns

Is baker injured? He went downs few times yesterday?

He injured his ankle in training last week just before the Crewe game and then in the Crewe game I saw him go into a challenge and then limp off the pitch.

It was clearly giving him jip so I'm gonna say that Yes I think Baker is carrying an injury.

He's trying to carry on for the cause. Probably why Bell's added injury was probably a massive problem for Robins because Bell is a perfect replacement for Baker on that wing!

Users who are viewing this thread