Carl Baker. Wow. (1 Viewer)

Yorkshire SB

I know he's been accredited in other threads, but my god. What a performance!
Literally ran rings around Brum tonight. His finest hour (or 2) in football I'm sure!
Against Sheff Utd I was very critical, against Bury he was good, but tonight he was the player that we were promised when we signed him.
With two goals so early on in the season and two great performances I really hope this has set the tone for his season.

The defence tonight also did well I thought, albeit the opening 10 minutes. Brown looked a different player at centre half, though he was overshadowed by Edjenguele, who for me should be starting alongside Wood saturday. Though Malaga has done okay so far, I think Edje deserves his chance after a magnificent display tonight.

The whole team played well but also special mentions to Kilbane and Elliot. Kilbane had a great game, looked full of confidence, with a great assist and took his goal very well.
I would argue though that our signing of the summer may not turn out to be Fleck, Barton or Jennings, because I think Elliot is a tremendous player. Works incredibly hard, but not just that, when he has the ball he's brilliant. Twists and turns, and always seems to do something with the ball!

Overall this should be a huge lift for everyone at the club, players and fans. Our first decent 90 minutes in a long time and some excellent individual performances as well as a solid team performance.

PUSB!

Sky Blue Sheepy

Baker was outstanding tonight but I think Elliot has slipped under the radar a bit - work rate was top, he was noticably faster than their back 4 and has scored in other games too. Hes been my biggest surprise so far

Yorkshire SB

Baker was outstanding tonight but I think Elliot has slipped under the radar a bit - work rate was top, he was noticably faster than their back 4 and has scored in other games too. Hes been my biggest surprise so far

I agree, I think at 60/70 minutes Elliot was my MOTM, but the final 20 minutes and extra time was all about Baker. Nevertheless, Elliot was superb, never stopped running and you're absolutely right, has a lot more pace then I'd realised. It's just his class on the ball that surprised me most, like obviously I'm aware he played Premier League football, but after being released by Hibs I think I can be forgiven for not expecting too much, but so far I'm seeing a very talented player. Think he and Cody could do well this year, seem to have a good affinity with one another.

georgehudson

& would be interesting to know who recommended the signings,
that said, a most encouraging performance,
can we have this every week please,
oh, & by the way, i don't think the owners should take any credit

woody11462

Was in work and caught the goals on SSN but the first goal is owed as much to Elliott as it is to Kilbane's great pass. That only becomes an option because Elliott makes a really clever run that not only splits the centre backs and makes space for the through ball to Elliott, it causes Davies to gollow him and breaks the back four line meaning McDonald can start his run before Caldwell and he's clean through without being offside. Superb movement and I think he will create so much this year. Be happy if he chipped in wit ten goals as well.

Baker was official MOTM his speech included players sad to see anybody lose job and liked Thorn great guy etc.

Also went in to say shawseeeee (hate that) was absolutely buzzing. His dream next game in this cup was Liverpool at home to be a draw followed by us beating them at their place.

Yorkshire SB

Baker was official MOTM his speech included players sad to see anybody lose job and liked Thorn great guy etc.

Also went in to say shawseeeee (hate that) was absolutely buzzing. His dream next game in this cup was Liverpool at home to be a draw followed by us beating them at their place.

I don't suppose you know what Jennings was awarded then, because he was also answering post match questions and awarded a man of the match in one of the lounges after the game (I only went there because my old man had a box for the night and he was my lift home!).

Users who are viewing this thread