Careers advice (1 Viewer)

CovScott88

Who are the best careers advice people to speak to? I've finally realised what I want to do with my life, but don't know the best way of going about it.

Cheers.

CovScott88

This is going to sound like a big step, but hay, a Doctor. Medicine and the human body have always fascinated me. I always loved science at school, but as I was into my sports, I went and did sports science at college. Its just taken me until recently, to realise what I really want to do.

CovScott88

I'm just concerned with the fact that I left school 7 years ago and my grades weren't exceptional (A in PE, B in Maths and English Language, BC in Science and C in English Literature).

CovScott88

You need to have A levels or done a college course, Scott have you looked into maybe doing a foundation year at Uni? Might be worth looking in to.

I was thinking something along those lines. I've heard of access courses, think that may be worth a look. If I need to go back to college for a year or 2 then that's fine, but i'd rather avoid that if possible.

LastGarrison

Give student services a ring at City College and ask to arrange an appointment with a lady called Ann Hawkswood. Really nice, if a little bit mental, Irish woman but really knows her stuff and will be able to go through all of your options with you.

She's also a massive City fan.

CovScott88

Give student services a ring at City College and ask to arrange an appointment with a lady called Ann Hawkswood. Really nice, if a little bit mental, Irish woman but really knows her stuff and will be able to go through all of your options with you.

She's also a massive City fan.

Haha awesome. Im guessing you're talking about City College Coventry yeah? Sorry mate, just im in Luton. Cheers though bud!

rob9872

I'm just concerned with the fact that I left school 7 years ago and my grades weren't exceptional (A in PE, B in Maths and English Language, BC in Science and C in English Literature).

PE??? FFS I know they give qualifications away like confetti these days but PE has to be taking the piss! Is that just your school or do all the kids get one in that these days?

Coventry La La La

PE??? FFS I know they give qualifications away like confetti these days but PE has to be taking the piss! Is that just your school or do all the kids get one in that these days?

In year 10 you get a choice of what GCSE,s/BTEC courses you want to take and P.E is one of them.

It can lead to doing courses at college such as sports science.

Sky Blue Sheepy

The PE Course is very much a biology course but applied to Sports. A lot of focus is on the biology and care of muscles, cardio-vascular and other such shizzle that I would know nout about. Did look into it myself, but was awful at sport and a right little porker! Oh, and awful at Biology, but I digress... :(

rob9872

Ah halcyon days ... reminds me of a great Sam Cooke song ... :)

Users who are viewing this thread