Cardiff riots (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Why do we always look for someone else to blame for our own misdeeds

The two lads riding a moped scooter likely without protective equipment likely without helmets likely on the road illegally

The police claiming not to have chased them and then footage comes out showing they had

Tragic and so avoidable and then the twats burning cars and attacking the police. Hope they all serve time

Nick

Administrator
Society nowadays, it can never be their fault.

Rip angle.

There will be hundreds of chavs stood about sucking on balloons claiming it's showing respect.

Last edited:

Terry_dactyl

I thought @Terry_dactyl had been quiet, clearly taking some time off this board to do some looting.

Anyway, it's always been like that there!
Ely, always had a reputation…
Feel sorry for the families of the boys. Apparently one of them is the cousin of someone I play football with.
If police did chase them, this could drag on a bit…especially as they said they didn’t.

Anyway, I reside in the Shangri la that is East Cardiff. Although There was an article in Wales Online the other week saying the area I live in was a ‘no go area’. Absolute horseshit.
i never have any trouble when I’m hanging around the streets doing balloons etc etc etc.

Seems to be a South Wales thing of late. They were rioting in Swansea the other month too…rolling cars down the hill. Jack Bastards.

Sky Blue Pete

Ely, always had a reputation…
Feel sorry for the families of the boys. Apparently one of them is the cousin of someone I play football with.
If police did chase them, this could drag on a bit…especially as they said they didn’t.

Anyway, I reside in the Shangri la that is East Cardiff. Although There was an article in Wales Online the other week saying the area I live in was a ‘no go area’. Absolute horseshit.
i never have any trouble when I’m hanging around the streets doing balloons etc etc etc.

Seems to be a South Wales thing of late. They were rioting in Swansea the other month too…rolling cars down the hill. Jack Bastards.
Agreed tragic for family

NorthernWisdom

I once met a man with a green beard who grew pineapples in Ely. The locals kindly jumped up and down on my bonnet all the time, while his friend cackled maniacally...

Had to recover the same car, along with bonus drug paraphernalia, from Ely when it was nicked. I now know what the pliers were for...

Still, managed a year in St Mellons with barely a bus service as the locals used to enjoy throwing rocks at them. Apart from one bonfire night, when the bus my flatmate was on kindly had some locals hurl a load of fireworks along the inside for the lolz...

Nick

Administrator
Shock, one of the mums is now doing compo pictures saying the police killed her son.

Always the case. RIP ANGLE.

duffer

Shock, one of the mums is now doing compo pictures saying the police killed her son.

Always the case. RIP ANGLE.

Hmm.

Clearly she didn't think that letting her son tool about illegally on an £4k electric MX bike (that's an electric motorcycle, not an e-bike, big difference in speed, and licence, tax, helmet, and insurance required!), without any protective gear, might have in some way have a played a part in the tragedy?

They're young lads, and they didn't deserve to die - but imho blaming the police is ridiculous unless we want to live in a place where coppers aren't allowed to chase down people breaking the law for fear the miscreants might injure themselves.

Sky Blue Pete

Hmm.

Clearly she didn't think that letting her son tool about illegally on an £4k electric MX bike (that's an electric motorcycle, not an e-bike, big difference in speed, and licence, tax, helmet, and insurance required!), without any protective gear, might have in some way have a played a part in the tragedy?

They're young lads, and they didn't deserve to die - but imho blaming the police is ridiculous unless we want to live in a place where coppers aren't allowed to chase down people breaking the law for fear the miscreants might injure themselves.
And it’s clear they did follow them but weren’t chasing them

duffer

And it’s clear they did follow them but weren’t chasing them

Indeed, and at the point the boys crashed the police van was on an
entirely different road. Plus, maybe I'm getting old and grumpy, but to my mind the police were entirely entitled to pursue them more forcefully in any case.

They were quite clearly breaking the law and it is the police's job to enforce it. The one way to ensure that there are more dickheads putting themselves and others into harm's way is to let them believe that if they ride dangerously enough the police won't attempt to stop them.

I've got a little off-roader as have a fair few of my mates. We all hate the unlicensed dickheads who bollock around Cov pulling wheelies etc., every time the weather is nice.

I'm not for a moment pretending that I've done nothing wrong riding or driving, but I've never felt that I was somehow entitled to do it and that the police weren't allowed to stop me!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread