Match Thread Cardiff - Home - wednesday the 15th (2 Viewers)

jordan210

Great half of football.

Moore once again brilliant and big Vik on fire.

We overplay it a few times near there box an extra pass here or there. But we are looking strong.

Philosorapter

I love Dabo, even when he makes a stray pass he just harasses them until the give it back. What a guy

His work rate is there, it is just his attacking pass now and again going a little astray in my opinion. Needs to be a little bit more clinical or a better choice of options to pass to.

shmmeee

Decent first half, cracking finish from Györkeres. Waghorn playing well, JCS too. One of those games where I feel justified saying Hyam is the weak link in the side. A few awful balls out.

Need a second cos all the need is a throw in or corner and one of their big fuckers to get on the end of it.

PVA

Sorry mate but you must be watching a completely different game

Nope he does it too often - steps up the pitch and gets beaten to it, leaving a big gap behind him.

Like I said he does lots well and he's been brilliant in the air tonight, but we're going to get caught out by him stepping up sooner rather than later.

shmmeee

He has.

He's done lots very well and he's really good in the air.

But too often he steps out and leaves a gaping hole behind him, and he's poor when one v one with an attacker.

Hard disagree.

Football opinions eh?

Reactions: PVA

shmmeee

The way I see it is that JCS is often giving cover or support to Maatsen, which perhaps makes him slightly out of his position at times, but he's played really well so far.

It’s how they’re told to set up, Maatsen pushes up a lot more than Dabo.

Great_Expectations

Best I’ve seen JCS so far. Looks comfortable on the ball too. Let’s hope he continues the upward trajectory.

Hyam having a great game. Composed on the ball too which is usually a criticism fired at him.

Can’t say I’ve noticed Maasten being particularly targeted. He’s stood up to anything he’s had well. The odd mistake but he’s young and this is probably the biggest test of his career and he’s doing well thus far.

Gyokeres class again, was bullied at first but now getting the better of them more often than not.

Dabo doing everything well but his passing, it’s been awful.

Confident we’ll end up on too again as our movement and attacking playing is very good again, and they are struggling with that.

Waghorn showing his experience and buying free kicks and in the refs ear.

Allen and Hamer influencing the game but feel as though they have another gear.

mark82

I’m counting Gyorkeres as last season - he’d obviously be first if counting as this season.

I still think it's very close. Moore has exceeded all expectations really. I'd heard some very good things about him from Sheff Utd fans I know up here but wasn't expecting him to be the level he is. Maybe the other keepers he's been training with the last couple of years have pushed him.

Users who are viewing this thread