Cardiff City star Peter Whittingham gunning for former club Coventry City (1 Viewer)

Otis

According to Wales Online.

Hasn't he already inflicted enough pain on us over the years?

5 goals in 8 matches against us. Can't he just leave us alone for once. :(

Otis

You know something, I think if we had agreed to only sell players to foreign leagues we would have been at the top end of the table for years.

kg82

Very true Otis! I think all their players will be sharing his sentiments though, they're going through a blip and need to show a united front. Who better to play when your team is having a hard time of it - especially when you have 3 of their former players!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
You know something, I think if we had agreed to only sell players to foreign leagues we would have been at the top end of the table for years.

Thought Cardiff was a foreign team? Welsh? :whistle:

LastGarrison

Always hated him, what about Ben and Aton? Are they queuing up to score?
Have to say I have never had any ill feeling towards the guy and enjoy watching him play. He is certainly one of the better Championship players although I don't think he will ever make the step up to the Prem.

Not his fault Cov couldn't see the talent he had and let him go. Wasn't it for being too small? (I may be completely wrong there!!) But in this day and age when players get a foul if a strong wind hits them, then surely this has a pretty low relevance? Isn't that Bannan who playes for Villa a borderline bona fide midget?

Nick

Administrator
Yep I think it was for being small.

I remember Bannan's goal for Blackpool against us, absolute peach!

Messi isn't the biggest...

oakey

Yes, they are foreign, but bizarrely, for some reason only known to people not of this world, they play in the English leagues.

Very, very odd.

Been through all this. Our league was not formed as the English league. It was, and always will be, one hopes, the Football league. Over a hundred years ago. Time to let it lie

Covstu

Have to say I have never had any ill feeling towards the guy and enjoy watching him play. He is certainly one of the better Championship players although I don't think he will ever make the step up to the Prem.

Not his fault Cov couldn't see the talent he had and let him go. Wasn't it for being too small? (I may be completely wrong there!!) But in this day and age when players get a foul if a strong wind hits them, then surely this has a pretty low relevance? Isn't that Bannan who playes for Villa a borderline bona fide midget?

To be fair i dont either LG but i do hate thjese l;ittle paper filling columns they have building up to the game!! I am sure it is not just coventry he wants to do well against!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Been through all this. Our league was not formed as the English league. It was, and always will be, one hopes, the Football league. Over a hundred years ago. Time to let it lie

Oakey... they're called "tongue in cheek" comments. Calm down! :)

Delboycov

He is and has always been a City fan...can't understand how anyone could HATE the guy just because we fecked up an opportunity to sign him and he's very good. Personally I would love a team filled with players that actually give a toss about us.

Spence CCFC

He is and has always been a City fan...can't understand how anyone could HATE the guy just because we fecked up an opportunity to sign him and he's very good. Personally I would love a team filled with players that actually give a toss about us.
Yeah must be a huge City fan, never celebrates when he scores against us.

He was in my sister's class in school and is from Nuneaton. Was a Coventry fan growing up, by all accounts. A decade of playing professional football later, he makes a comment about wanting to do well against the Club he supported as a kid and was released from. Shocker.

Sterling Archer

What other pros are Coventry fans? Am I right in thinking Dwight Yorke randomly picked Coventry as a kid and Ian Evatt, Tim Flowers, Nigel Winterburn grew up as Cov fans.

Moff

What other pros are Coventry fans? Am I right in thinking Dwight Yorke randomly picked Coventry as a kid and Ian Evatt, Tim Flowers, Nigel Winterburn grew up as Cov fans.

I had never heard that about Yorke before. Where did that info come from?

On the City supporters front, we dont seem as a city to churn out many pros, so there would seem to be a significant lack of professionals being Coventry supporters.
I seem to remember two ex city players in the late eighties, who moved on to other clubs were also city fans, Gareth Evans and Tony Dobson.

With regard to Whittingham, awlays liked him as a player, wish he played for us, and how I wish we had never let him go!

LastGarrison

I had never heard that about Yorke before. Where did that info come from?

On the City supporters front, we dont seem as a city to churn out many pros, so there would seem to be a significant lack of professionals being Coventry supporters.
I seem to remember two ex city players in the late eighties, who moved on to other clubs were also city fans, Gareth Evans and Tony Dobson.

With regard to Whittingham, awlays liked him as a player, wish he played for us, and how I wish we had never let him go!
It's mad we haven't produced many top class footballers at all considering the size of the city but we do punch well above our weight when it comes to churning out top class rugby players.

Brighton Sky Blue

Whittingham went to my school, though left a few years before I was there-better behaved than Andy Goode according to those who taught him :p

Delboycov

Very subdued celebration from him I thought...looked almost embarrassed by scoring what looked like a priceless goal for them. No doubt in my mind he still cares about us ;-)

LastGarrison

Whittingham went to my school, though left a few years before I was there-better behaved than Andy Goode according to those who taught him :p

Henry's? Played rugby with Goode for a good few years. Game little fucker remember him having a fight with another player from Barker Butts who was a bit of a nutter and was a couple of years older than us on the back of the coach on the way back from an away game. Good little tear up and the older lad went on to do the door at a few places around Cov including the Devon for a bit.

Goode's Mum and Dad were a bit of a pain in the arse on the sidelines though.

Sutty

Very subdued celebration from him I thought...looked almost embarrassed by scoring what looked like a priceless goal for them. No doubt in my mind he still cares about us ;-)

I read somewhere that he never celebrates any of his goals.

Delboycov

I read somewhere that he never celebrates any of his goals.

And here was me thinking he gave a crap ;-) Just checked out a few of his goals on youtube and he's definitely no Roger Milla when it comes to the goal celebrations!

Users who are viewing this thread