Cardiff City FC to rebrand? (1 Viewer)

tehspecialone

Facebook User
Not just for the season. The club is supposedly being completely rebranded because "red is a lucky colour".

BBC haven't said it's official yet, but I've heard from Cardiff fans that the head of their trust or whatever has come out and said it's happening, and there will be an official announcement in the next 2 weeks.

Apparently the deal was something of the lines of, start playing in red and we'll invest £100mil. Not sure how the fans will react.

rob9872

Tbf I would happily see us play in red, pink or even skins for £100m investment. Sky Blue is not our traditional or original colour anyway, its just what we're used to. The next generation isd our lifeblood and they would grow up with it as we have with Sky Blue.

mark82

Can I redirect you back to the 60's and the Sky Blue Revolution.

Although that change wasn't as drastic. I'd be furious if someone took the Sky Blues away from us!!

Wouldn't bother me if there was a large investment because of it. It is just a kit after all.

kingharvest

Read that earlier - i said No originally - but i can give you 100m reasons why i might change my tune...

The thing about Cardiff changing to Red though, is that it kind of fits. Wales national colour is red, changing the bluebird to a Dragon fits.

What would we do? As it says in the article, we only went to Sky Blue in 62, so we kind of already have rebranded

Sub

they tried it before with the ccfc badge didnt work then dont think it will work again :mad::mad::mad:

Sawyer

Was going to say, we already did the badge thing ... and technically as said we already have rebranded. I would say no though, im Sky Blue and thats how I want it to stay and remain, we dont need to rebrand to change things, we need a new board and passion from the boardroom for Cov to move us forward.

mark82

If it got us a big investment I would be happy. At the end of the day, we have done it before, and it worked. Would not want to do it just for the sake of it though.

TheBoss

the badge should go back to the original one, without the phoenix, eagle etc, but with the colour, i think we should always be blue, although we haven't always been Sky Blue since 62.

cyrille-regis-coventry-city-1987-fa-cup-final-action-photo-autograph.jpg

coundonskyblue

<p>
Read that earlier - i said No originally - but i can give you 100m reasons why i might change my tune...</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>The thing about Cardiff changing to Red though, is that it kind of fits. Wales national colour is red, changing the bluebird to a Dragon fits.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>What would we do? As it says in the article, we only went to Sky Blue in 62, so we kind of already <i>have</i> rebranded

Our first sky blue kit was in the 1880's

Tad

I actually think it would be better. Like others have said, it's the national colour and dragon is the national symbol.

Never really got why they were bluebirds or blue anyway. I can understand some fans would be annoyed with the changes, but in the long run, it could be a good move.

coundonskyblue

Like others have said, it's the national colour and dragon is the national symbol.

If thats the case should Swansea, Wrexham, Newport etc all change to red?

Should English teams all adopt red & white?

This all smells to me like foreign owners not understanding the British game.

Paxman II

I suggested this a while ago and got slated for it as i recall.
Still think we should do another Jimmy Hill thing and reinvent ourselves a bit from what has become tired and very 60's.
New image new start and all that!

Grendel

I suggested this a while ago and got slated for it as i recall.
Still think we should do another Jimmy Hill thing and reinvent ourselves a bit from what has become tired and very 60's.
New image new start and all that!

Changing the colour of 32,000 seats may cost a bit...

flammablepiss

Facebook User
If they don't like a club and its heritage maybe they should invest in one that suits their needs. Seems completely stupid.

Tad

They don't see it as a football club though do they, but a business

Seems like every company make this mistake. Unless the books are balanced like arsenal, its hard to make any money in football. I find this funny really considering these people are meant to be smart?

I honestly can't wait for this fair play rule to kick in. I'm I right, it will mean only the money that comes through the gate can be used to buy players? If so, good! About time clubs cleaned up there act and got unfair advantages with sponsorships etc.

Covstu

looks liek ours will change to red with yellow stars on it in line with our new investors...:D

Marty

That kit would look lovely in sky blue and white. Don't understand why they have done it though.

bamalamafizzfazz

I'm pretty jealous. I would take this change in a shot for Coventry City. I understand we have a history but sometimes you have to change and adjust for the future.

I have noticed that a solid red is a more predominant colour in world football. I appreciate that success plays a role but is there any coincidence that the best supported English teams internationally (Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal) all wear red?

Is there a psychological answer that suggest red is a colour associated with success?
Here is something I found,

clearpix.gif
Red

The most emotionally intense color, red stimulates a faster heartbeat and breathing. It is also the color of love. Red clothing gets noticed and makes the wearer appear heavier. Since it is an extreme color, red clothing might not help people in negotiations or confrontations. Red cars are popular targets for thieves. In decorating, red is usually used as an accent. Decorators say that red furniture should be perfect since it will attract attention.
The most romantic color, pink, is more tranquilizing. Sports teams sometimes paint the locker rooms used by opposing teams bright pink so their opponents will lose energy.

Read more: Color Psychology — Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/spot/colors1.html#ixzz1x0fMqCdc

classicfooty

is nothing sacred? they should leave shit like that well alone. If they want to be successful overseas then maybe they should concentrate on getting into Europe and becoming successful as a team.

classicfooty

I'm pretty jealous. I would take this change in a shot for Coventry City. I understand we have a history but sometimes you have to change and adjust for the future.

I have noticed that a solid red is a more predominant colour in world football. I appreciate that success plays a role but is there any coincidence that the best supported English teams internationally (Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal) all wear red?

Is there a psychological answer that suggest red is a colour associated with success?
Here is something I found,

clearpix.gif
Red

The most emotionally intense color, red stimulates a faster heartbeat and breathing. It is also the color of love. Red clothing gets noticed and makes the wearer appear heavier. Since it is an extreme color, red clothing might not help people in negotiations or confrontations. Red cars are popular targets for thieves. In decorating, red is usually used as an accent. Decorators say that red furniture should be perfect since it will attract attention.
The most romantic color, pink, is more tranquilizing. Sports teams sometimes paint the locker rooms used by opposing teams bright pink so their opponents will lose energy.

Read more: Color Psychology — Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/spot/colors1.html#ixzz1x0fMqCdc

so everyone should wear red then?????????????? :jerkit:

Users who are viewing this thread