Cardiff away (2 Viewers)

OldBedrocker

Just found out my mate was able to buy a ticket for the Stoke game on Friday despite it being called off on Thursday (he missed the announcement)

Sky Blue Harry H

Although it won't be good for our away support, it would be good to re-arrange the Cardiff game for asap, Their squad hopefully still feeling the effects, no home 'support'? Alternatively, later on in the season, as they'll have naff all to play for? Not sure which suits us best - probably the former.

Brighton Sky Blue

Oh fuck off. As if they’ve got fewer than 14 players available. The EFL needs to start handing out some default wins. We get punished for looking after our squad and teams with three times the squad cry off.

As and when we actually get a fucking game our players will be more out of practice even if we have a few more available. We should organise some BCD friendlies if this carries on.

JAM See

What excuse to get out of the house can I use now?!!!!🤬
It's not football I know but Coventry Rugby Game on against Ampthill. Tickets a tenner, kids £3 with Beer Festival if you buy today
I've already penciled in the Cov Rugby game with the GLW (not taking her up The Butts, just letting her know that I'll be there while she entertains the outlaws).

Local support helping out a local team.

It's a 13.30 kick off mind. Don't rock up at 15.00 expecting to see some live sport.

shepardo01

It's inevitable that we'll get positive cases.
Difficult to call regarding English football going BCD.
You'd like to think they might look at reduced capacity first!??...

Legia Sky Blue

For the conspiracy theorists amongst you could Cardiff have got wind of the BCD instruction and quickly found the appropriate level of injuries/ positive tests to cancel the game? If they can't play in front of crowds, while their English opponents can, they will soon be at a financial disadvantage to their rivals!

JAM See

For the conspiracy theorists amongst you could Cardiff have got wind of the BCD instruction and quickly found the appropriate level of injuries/ positive tests to cancel the game? If they can't play in front of crowds, while their English opponents can, they will soon be at a financial disadvantage to their rivals!
Not for long.

BCD is coming in England (rather than cancellations).

Sky/BT Sport/Amazon won't let games over Christmas be cancelled.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Absolutely baffling that they've took the approach for a blanket ban on fans.

Terry_dactyl

They don’t mess about in these parts. Having said that, the masks in shops rule has pretty much been ignored for ages.

Sky Blue Harry H

pusbccfc

On a brighter note, provided our lot manage themselves, we ought to be in a strong position for facing Millwall (see below) who are likely to be 'suffering from 2nd game in 4 days, post Cov-id and possibly missing some players?

We need to capitalise on this and our extended break.

Speedies_Chips

I've already penciled in the Cov Rugby game with the GLW (not taking her up The Butts, just letting her know that I'll be there while she entertains the outlaws).

It's a 13.30 kick off mind. Don't rock up at 15.00 expecting to see some live sport.
She might like being taken up the Butts! :)

Tile Hill Phil

I bet she's glad your not taking her up the but, I mean Butts 🤣

steve cooper

On a brighter note, provided our lot manage themselves, we ought to be in a strong position for facing Millwall (see below) who are likely to be 'suffering from 2nd game in 4 days, post Cov-id and possibly missing some players?

Interesting comments from Rowett. He seems to want to play.
If teams continue to use Covid as an excuse to cancel games, then when they are played they could well be behind closed doors, losing those teams even more revenue.

fernandopartridge

Interesting comments from Rowett. He seems to want to play.
If teams continue to use Covid as an excuse to cancel games, then when they are played they could well be behind closed doors, losing those teams even more revenue.
I doubt any manager wants a fixture pile up as it's already tight enough late on in the season

Hobo

I don't think teams are cancelling a fixtures because of a few injuries. Their injuries could be worse later on amongst a fixture pile up.

Also I think cash flow is more important right now for most clubs. Who would want to miss out on Christmas attendamces?

I think any cancellation is with regret.

slowpoke

Perhaps the only plus for us this has given us a bit of time to get Hamer, JCS and Waghorne fit they weren’t far off and any other players carrying injuries a bit of time to shake them off and get fully fit.

JAM See

Posh chairman has a point.

I'm aware that suicide is NOT contagious and therefore should not be conflated with a pandemic, but this is truly appalling news if true (I have no reason to doubt it).

Heartbreaking.

1640127547720.png

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm aware that suicide is NOT contagious and therefore should not be conflated with a pandemic, but this is truly appalling news if true (I have no reason to doubt it).

Heartbreaking.

View attachment 23219

You shouldn't doubt it, suicide is the biggest killer of men under the age of 50 I think, certainly at least 40.

JAM See

You shouldn't doubt it, suicide is the biggest killer of men under the age of 50 I think, certainly at least 40.
Why?

I've obviously lived a fairly cossetted life and was unaware of this.

What is going on?

JAM See

She might like being taken up the Butts! :)
Due to Boxing Day family stuff I can't take her up The Butts this year.

I've promised to take her up the third round instead. If her luck's in, it might last 120 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread