Captain (3 Viewers)

Gazzmac

After baker playing poor over last few games and lack of commanding towards the players, who would you want the new captain to be ?

Lambo58

You don't change your captain if he's had a couple of poor games. He's been our best player this season and shows the most passion and commitment than any other players.

After baker playing poor over last few games and lack of commanding towards the players, who would you want the new captain to be ?

So you think just cus he has a couple of bad games we should strip him of the armband? No, just no. Sammy Clingan, shit captain, shit player, shit person all round. Shouldnt have been anywhere near that pitch, yet he was our captain. Where have you been this season? He's been amazing, why the hell would we want to strip him of the armband? Worst... Thread... Ever

Jake87

So you think just cus he has a couple of bad games we should strip him of the armband? No, just no. Sammy Clingan, shit captain, shit player, shit person all round. Shouldnt have been anywhere near that pitch, yet he was our captain. Where have you been this season? He's been amazing, why the hell would we want to strip him of the armband? Worst... Thread... Ever
<br />
<br />
He got abused on the radio yesterday and alot of ppl wanted him to be stripped

<br />
<br />
He got abused on the radio yesterday and alot of ppl wanted him to be stripped

Why tho? Most dedicated, passionate and consistent player of the season. Just cus he has a few bad games people think its ok to abuse him and want him to vacate the armband? No, thats just madness

Jake87

Why tho? Most dedicated, passionate and consistent player of the season. Just cus he has a few bad games people think its ok to abuse him and want him to vacate the armband? No, thats just madness
<br />
<br />
Not too sure, maybe over rated and just a good start and down hill after robins went

skybluegod

<br />
<br />
Not too sure, maybe over rated and just a good start and down hill after robins went

Overrated where have you been the last 3 seasons? He was constantly abused by fans before this season before he started playing well. A good start does not mean 20-30 good consecutive games for the club

wingy

The only thing thats wrong with Carl is he's knackered himself trying to drag these under achievers through the last 4--5 games ,what he really needs is a week off and a trip to the beach to come back strong.

Moff

Just waiting for somebody to suggest mcsheffrey :(

No one would want McSheffrey stripped....the damage he has done to himself from pie abuse would be shocking to see

oh sorry Nick, I misunderstood you meant suggest McSheffrey for captain.....

Tonylinc

What people have been calling for Carl Baker to be stripped of the captaincy? I certainly have not heard that one.

Johnnythespider

I say stick with Carl, but if they were going to change it i reckon it should go to Murphy, i've always liked keepers as captain.

TheHellion

On a serious note, I don't think the captaincy is an issue at the moment. So, it's been a bad patch for Baker, but on the whole this season he's done well. No point to be stripping it from him.

Disorganised1

Can't believe some of the fans of this club.

Mucca Mad Boys

I wouldn't say Baker is a great choice of captain, however, he's probably the best choice we have.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I think the team has been somewhat leaderless for a while now. Looking at the players we have, none of them really strike me as what I would call 'traditional' captain material (loud talker on the pitch, big presence in the dressing room etc.) Looking down the list of recent City captains, Keogh aside perhaps, I get the sense that people like Clingan and Stephen Wright were chosen using the 'best of a bad bunch' method

Users who are viewing this thread