Capello has left the building (1 Viewer)

scroobiustom

congrats on being the first to post this

Nick

Administrator
Locked all the other threads!

I didnt rate him, will harry give up spurs for the job?

scroobiustom

Just happened on my FM

skybluejelly

fair play to the bloke ..stuck by his beliefs ..and told the fa where to go..as much as i dislike john terry we are in england and the law states innocent until proven guilty.

Paxman II

Capello lost his aura somewhat at the world cup debacle and I expected him to go but he hung on and to some degree has brought the team on better since then. never agreed with his appontment and for me not the man for the job...getting on on reputation more than anything.
Whether he actually resigned or would have been sacked otherwise is probably more likely as you don't walk away from a £6m contract over such a principle. he may even have a job lined up elswhere and is the reason he stuck his neck out over terry. Frankly though whicever the reason I do agree with his stance entirely.
So the FA continue to make a balls up whenever it's decision time. A bunch of 'executive' idiots.
We always shoot ourselves firmly in the foot at the FA don't we? No wonder this England team have never won anything!

It's clear we need a home grown manager who both knows the players, is a players man and is good in management of a football team.

Yes my old friend harry is the perfect choice. I would award him part time with Stuart Pearce there while he completes his season with Spurs then takes over to guide us through the Euro's and beyond.

One problem though. He may not want to anymore. To persuade him they will need some large bait now at least equal to what Capello was on and agree many other changes and compromises with him.

AngryAnt

Fair play to Capello.. I didn't like him (but i didn't loathe him unlike most people seem to).
Really can't stand Terry and was glad when he was stripped of the armband last time (is that really the example we want children to aspire to be?). That said, Capello stuck to his guns and when the FA barged in doing what they thought was right and being holier than thou, he left rather than put up with it.

Please god, not our 'arry, i can't stand the bloke (how he got off the court case is beyond me and besides the point), he's only ever been able to buy success and would never be able to do it for England. Plus every team he's ever managed has been into admin... I wonder how he'll manage to put Spurs and England into admin...

Stuart Pearce should be given it for now and they should take a long look at who to employ. Its fine saying lets employ and English manager, but they are all either unproven, or really naff... I'd rather they look at the best man for the job, reguardless of where he was born.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Disagree. It was Terry's legal advisors who thought they were clever in deferring the hearing that gave the FA a decision to make. I am tired of hearing the innocent-until-proven-guilty mantra, because whilst true, equally in every other walk of life, he would have been suspended pending the outcome of the criminal case. For Terry to defer and carry on as if nothing was happened was ridiculous.

As for Capello, well it's easy to say he stuck to his guns. The flip side though being that he joined in 2008 after we failed to qualify for the Euros. He's reported to be the highest paid international manager on £6m a season, and all he's done is to scrape us to a dismal performance at the World Cup. Do you remember how he gambled on an unfit Ledley King and took Emile bloody Heskey - whilst leaving many better payers at home? He was roundly criticised by all and sundry for paying a strict 4-4-2 with Gerrard on the left wing; we drew with the USA, Algeria before scraping past Slovenia and then being destroyed by a half decent German side.

He has the chance to justify his exorbitant salary with a decent showing at the Euros, and on the eve he's jacked. That means he's taken £20m+ in salary only to walk away when he was expected to do his job. His salary was not for the friendlies between tournaments, you know, it's for performance in tournaments. It's like a fighter taking his purse, training and looking good in sparring, then refusing to fight on the eve of the fight.

You think he's principled. I think he's a damn disgrace

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Re-instate Steve McLaren fo England!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!

I don't really care! I'm Irish! ;)

skybluejelly

Disagree. It was Terry's legal advisors who thought they were clever in deferring the hearing that gave the FA a decision to make. I am tired of hearing the innocent-until-proven-guilty mantra, because whilst true, equally in every other walk of life, he would have been suspended pending the outcome of the criminal case. For Terry to defer and carry on as if nothing was happened was ridiculous.

As for Capello, well it's easy to say he stuck to his guns. The flip side though being that he joined in 2008 after we failed to qualify for the Euros. He's reported to be the highest paid international manager on £6m a season, and all he's done is to scrape us to a dismal performance at the World Cup. Do you remember how he gambled on an unfit Ledley King and took Emile bloody Heskey - whilst leaving many better payers at home? He was roundly criticised by all and sundry for paying a strict 4-4-2 with Gerrard on the left wing; we drew with the USA, Algeria before scraping past Slovenia and then being destroyed by a half decent German side.

He has the chance to justify his exorbitant salary with a decent showing at the Euros, and on the eve he's jacked. That means he's taken £20m+ in salary only to walk away when he was expected to do his job. His salary was not for the friendlies between tournaments, you know, it's for performance in tournaments. It's like a fighter taking his purse, training and looking good in sparring, then refusing to fight on the eve of the fight.

You think he's principled. I think he's a damn disgrace

still got the best record of any england manager though...

Last edited:

LastGarrison

Get Mourinho in solely for the Euros!!! He demands respect and he'd certainly wouldn't let us go out with a whimper.

Outside of Redknapp though there isn't many options for a full time English manager is there? Please please please don't give the job to Pearce.

As much as I wanted an English manager this time, if Redknapp turns it down I think Hiddink would be a good option.

Users who are viewing this thread