Caolan Lavery (1 Viewer)

junglej13

Being linked with us in some quarters. A fan page mentioned it on twitter earlier today and now Stuart Linnell has tweeted something about it. Striker released by Sheff Weds. Did quite well on loan at Portsmouth. Got 4 goals in 13 games.

stupot07

Not particularly prolific, turns 24 in October. I can't say I know much about him

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

FRY-CCFC

Wednesday fans opinion: Be a good signing for you, he'll score goals in League One. Been a bit of a wasted 2 years for him after looking so promising when breaking through, mainly down to a long term injury and us signing the likes of Hooper and Forrestieri he's barely featured.

Yeah once he's settled at a club in League One I reckon he'll do really well, even in his short loan spells every club has wanted him back.

Kingokings204

Sounds like the usual case or hit or miss. He will either be a David mcgoldrick or a Darius Henderson

hamil99

Facebook User
Seems to fit the TM mold, young, hungry and a perm signing. Lets hope this one is in the bag! Surely Venus would of done his work on him.

mrtrench

There's another vid of his Owls goals - he does that long run and side foot into the corner of the goal a lot. He does look decent and at 23 approaching his prime. Worth a punt IMO.

no_loyalty

Development compensation fee to be paid if we sign him, Portsmouth also interested in signing him

junglej13

Think this is correct in terms of compensation. The reason we got nothing for Aaron Phillips was because he didnt get offfered new terms.

JimmyHillsbeard

According to Sheffield telegraph

"Whichever club ultimately signs Lavery, they will be forced to pay a ‘development compensation’ fee to Wednesday due to his age and his time spent at Hillsborough.
If a compensation fee cannot be agreed between the two clubs, the deal will go before a tribunal which will decide a suitable payment for the Owls."

Captain Dart

steve82

According to Sheffield telegraph

"Whichever club ultimately signs Lavery, they will be forced to pay a ‘development compensation’ fee to Wednesday due to his age and his time spent at Hillsborough.
If a compensation fee cannot be agreed between the two clubs, the deal will go before a tribunal which will decide a suitable payment for the Owls."

Telegraph reporting the same, most likely the same article.
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/transfer-news/rumour-mill-coventry-city-eye-11432085

AFCCOVENTRY

Still don't understand how we pay a fee for someone who is released...?

That case shouldn't we get cash for Phillips?

stupot07

Rule 56.5 A Club will only be entitled to seek a Compensation Fee for the loss of a Non Contract Player's Registration who is an Under 24 Player if such Club has made the Player a written offer of terms to become a Contract Player prior to the expiration of the Registration or for other reasons satisfactory to the Board. The amount of such Compensation Fee shall be agreed between the two Clubs concerned or in default of such agreement should be determined by the Professional Football Compensation Committee on the application of either of such Clubs.
Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx#C4iL8BCiVheBtoul.99

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AFCCOVENTRY

@LouisShackshaft explains why #SWFC's Lavery would be a great signing for Coventry... shoot.co.uk/why-sheffield-…

chiefdave

Wednesday have offered him a contract now. Doesn't sound like they want to keep him so it will be to do with getting compensation. If we can't beat bloody Portsmouth to sign someone I won't be happy!

Users who are viewing this thread