Can't think why Joy would want a slice of this ?? (1 Viewer)

Ashdown1

Indeed and why should they hand it over for peanuts as some would suggest be the obvious solution to all our troubles ?!

torchomatic

And why would PH4 and Byng be interested, you think?

Astute

Yet some try and make out that the venue makes a loss and is a noose around the neck of the taxpayer.

We all know it isn't about the pie money. A 20m stadium which would just be a football bowl placed wherever they can fit it won't have the same income as the Ricoh. It is also something that is built up in time. Yet a few seem to think that all income would go to our club if SISUE did manage to get the Ricoh. They just seem to see our club as a means to get the stadium. How many times have we seen them do what is best for our club?

jimmyhillsfanclub

Surely because, just like us, they loved watching Wallace, Yorath, Hutchinson, Thomas, Gillespie etc. when they were little boys....

....They love the club & will surely put it ahead of any business interests won't they.....

...after all, any owner is better than Sisu......just ask Hearts & Pompey fans...they'll tell ya.

Astute

For the same reason. The Ricoh makes money. This to me makes it difficult to get the arena on the cheap. There will be others interested in something that makes money and that is making more each year. The council would have to listen to all offers. Maybe this is why Timothy has started to say about long term rental chances after saying as owners only. An average valuation is about 17 times profit. Can be a bit more but also much less, but this depends on the stability of the investment.

Ashdown1

You may have a point but I can't see how any other owner could actually do anymore damage to a club than what has happened unnecessarily to CCFC ! It appears a good number of independent media sports writers take this view as well.

jimmyhillsfanclub

You may have a point but I can't see how any other owner could actually do anymore damage to a club than what has happened unnecessarily to CCFC ! It appears a good number of independent media sports writers take this view as well.

To be honest Ashdown, I was just playing devils advocate as I'm pissing about at work counting down the hours till Xmas hols....Sisu have an awful lot to answer for...we all know that.

The point does remain though.....ridding ourselves of Sisu only to jump in to bed with a foreign property developer doesn't exactly fill me with confidence....

...I was so glad when Richarse & then Mc Gin & T got ousted.....I thought things could only get better....

RoboCCFC90

For the same reason. The Ricoh makes money. This to me makes it difficult to get the arena on the cheap. There will be others interested in something that makes money and that is making more each year. The council would have to listen to all offers. Maybe this is why Timothy has started to say about long term rental chances after saying as owners only. An average valuation is about 17 times profit. Can be a bit more but also much less, but this depends on the stability of the investment.

Maybe PH4 but Byng no, they (Byng and his investors) only wanted the the Arena and the land around it for the rail network.

Astute

Maybe PH4 but Byng no, they (Byng and his investors) only wanted the the Arena and the land around it for the rail network.

I don't have any reason to trust any of them. But I have a reason to trust the plans of some less than others. This is why I have always said I am not against a sale for a proper price if it is sold. But the most secure owner is the local council. There is much more of a chance of them wanting what is best for our club and Coventry itself than anyone else. And ACL seems to be doing a decent job of running it so far.

valiant15

Fantastic to see a local business doing so well.

Well done acl for putting the arena on the map. A great local asset for us Coventry folk.

Otis

Fantastic to see a local business doing so well.

Well done acl for putting the arena on the map. A great local asset for us Coventry folk.

Now if we could just get something to stick on that green rectangular bit in the middle we'd be really dancing in the aisles.

RoboCCFC90

I don't have any reason to trust any of them. But I have a reason to trust the plans of some less than others. This is why I have always said I am not against a sale for a proper price if it is sold. But the most secure owner is the local council. There is much more of a chance of them wanting what is best for our club and Coventry itself than anyone else. And ACL seems to be doing a decent job of running it so far.

Agree 100%

valiant15

Now if we could just get something to stick on that green bit in the middle we'd really dancing in the aisles.

Well that's up to the clubs owners to see sense and except the reduced rent offer.

They'll never get their grubby hands on the Ricoh and quite rightly so in my opinion.

RoboCCFC90

Now if we could just get something to stick on that green rectangular bit in the middle we'd be really dancing in the aisles.

We could always 'Dance on the Ceiling' instead Otis?

A

alphapappa

Where's Grendel? Surely considering how ferociously he has been atacking the council and how his "evidence" was saying the Ricoh was losing money. Does the telegraph finally undermine everything he has been putting across as fact over the years?

Just a thought!

J

Jack Griffin

They've just announced a new event.. some sort of festival..
1496597_785812628111191_1754219290_n.jpg

dongonzalos

Think PH4 wanted to do it by buying the Higgs share as well as owning the club.

He seemed to think you could make money without the freehold.

Can't see how that could possible, surely not?

Who knows though maybe he would have just agreed a deal then walked away.

bigfatronssba

In 2014 we are focused on attracting sport to the stadium bowl"

Well this is what sisu have gambled with. They believed that if they leave ACL will die without them.

ACL appear strong, and if they can attract more sporting events to the bowl then it will be curtains to CCFC.

It was always naïve to expect ACL to just sit around waiting.

RoboCCFC90

In 2014 we are focused on attracting sport to the stadium bowl"

Well this is what sisu have gambled with. They believed that if they leave ACL will die without them.

ACL appear strong, and if they can attract more sporting events to the bowl then it will be curtains to CCFC.

It was always naïve to expect ACL to just sit around waiting.

Fair comment but what sporting team is there that can utilise the Arena? The Rugga doesn't pull big enough crowds..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigfatronssba

Fair comment but what sporting team is there that can utilise the Arena? The Rugga doesn't pull big enough crowds..

Well I did say if.

I imagine by that they mean using it as a neutral venue like they have for Rugby games before.

RoboCCFC90

Well I did say if.

I imagine by that they mean using it as a neutral venue like they have for Rugby games before.

I saw that however until they have someone in it there is no point really saying much about it.

wingy

I saw that however until they have someone in it there is no point really saying much about it.

If you take It from this info and couple It with AL's remarks It suggests they are actively seeking someone or something .

I also wonder although nothings been published If there has been some change re the ACL structure ,with higgs Charity splashing the Cash recently?

savosdad

Banned
And Joy accumulated average 1600 fans and more Debt when you gonna learn check the figures your accountant cant be very busy

Grendel

In a logical world ACL would buy CCFC.

Well that would be one way to bankrupt them. They'd fund the club for about a week before needing more refinancing from the good old taxpayer.

maddog

Yet some try and make out that the venue makes a loss and is a noose around the neck of the taxpayer.

We all know it isn't about the pie money. A 20m stadium which would just be a football bowl placed wherever they can fit it won't have the same income as the Ricoh. It is also something that is built up in time. Yet a few seem to think that all income would go to our club if SISUE did manage to get the Ricoh. They just seem to see our club as a means to get the stadium. How many times have we seen them do what is best for our club?
Whilst I am really glad that the Ricoh is expanding its off the field activities, we will have to wait for the financial report on how well or badly they are doing. I really hope the Ricoh can make a profit without a sports franchise, but from an article recently in the Guardian about the Brazil World Cup it was mentioned that there was not a stadium in the world that could exist without a sports franchise. I agree SISUs plan is absolute pants but I dont think they will directly pay for any stadium.

Tom's Dad

Have I read the same report as everyone else?

Apart from Springstein and the Tennis I can't see any large revenue generators in there. A venue of this size and flexibility needs to be putting on something 4 or 5 days of the week, not a handful a year. Question Time? Well that will pull the punters into the city won't it!!

Interesting to see the wedding business has dropped off. Maybe the appeal was to get married at the home of the Sky Blues rather than the Ricoh?

Users who are viewing this thread