Can't defend , can't finish (1 Viewer)

luwalla

And that's been the story for a while now, bar the odd exception.... If you can't get those two things happens then you ain't getting promoted.

and as for last night ! Honestly I don't think I've seen a worse team play in that first half, than Peterborough for the last 10 years. They were shocking, amateur like, offers nothing in attack and looked like a bunch of school kids defending... And they went in 1-0 up!!!

Yes their keeper played ok, but he wasn't Nuer or degea good, he just stopped some average finishing pretty well. The only 'great save' he made was the one handed near post save to fortune close range shot... Poor finshing

then we give their biggest goal threat a free run at goal for a corner & a fee header, with no ne on the post. Rickets went to sleep for a moment - happening too often. Then there is vincelot , loved the guy this season is midfield so I'm not going to start knocking him for that display in defence, as he was just trying to do a job for the team, but he isn't a defender... Poor defending

good job Mowbray is starting to build a squad for next season...

dont think ive felt this shit after a match for a long time, maybe that's a sign a progress !!! Haha but they were there for the taking and we'd have been top 6 this morning.

Happy easter all

Otis

And that's been the story for a while now, bar the odd exception.... If you can't get those two things happens then you ain't getting promoted.

and as for last night ! Honestly I don't think I've seen a worse team play in that first half, than Peterborough for the last 10 years. They were shocking, amateur like, offers nothing in attack and looked like a bunch of school kids defending... And they went in 1-0 up!!!

Yes their keeper played ok, but he wasn't Nuer or degea good, he just stopped some average finishing pretty well. The only 'great save' he made was the one handed near post save to fortune close range shot... Poor finshing

then we give their biggest goal threat a free run at goal for a corner & a fee header, with no ne on the post. Rickets went to sleep for a moment - happening too often. Then there is vincelot , loved the guy this season is midfield so I'm not going to start knocking him for that display in defence, as he was just trying to do a job for the team, but he isn't a defender... Poor defending

good job Mowbray is starting to build a squad for next season...

dont think ive felt this shit after a match for a long time, maybe that's a sign a progress !!! Haha but they were there for the taking and we'd have been top 6 this morning.

Happy easter all
Totally agree.

Their keeper didn't pull off a series of brilliant saves, just a number of good ones.

Poor finishing and had he let in any of those he saved he would have had the finger very firmly pointed at him for sure.

Terry Gibson's perm

They were all saves you would expect a keeper to make unless it is our keeper;)

D

Deleted member 2477

Look at thier second and third goal. Not wacked as hard as they could at the goal but placed into an area the keeper couldnt reach.

the only players to do this in our side are armstrong and cole last night.

we have alot of shots on goal that our players just hit has hard as they can hoping they go in. How many times have we seen it this season then blaming our bad luck and great saves keeping them in the game when in fact any good striker would have put it away

smileycov

Facebook User
sorry, but disagree here! gutted we lost, can't believe we did but there you go. Murphy hit the post twice, i thought keeper made some good saves kept them in it without a doubt, our defensive frailties once again let us down. However we actually threatened numerous times (and a lot on target, for a change) for the first time in a while. Jones looked good and pacey, it meant the pace was coming in on both sides, chuck Armstrong into the mix and I truly believe we will start scoring again. we are only a win away from the top 6. Unfortunately so are a number of clubs, but whilst we are a win away there is always hope. Colchester at home on Tuesday, if we have half the attempts as we did tonight we will win. First time in a long time , I see some hope again.

Otis

sorry, but disagree here! gutted we lost, can't believe we did but there you go. Murphy hit the post twice, i thought keeper made some good saves kept them in it without a doubt, our defensive frailties once again let us down. However we actually threatened numerous times (and a lot on target, for a change) for the first time in a while. Jones looked good and pacey, it meant the pace was coming in on both sides, chuck Armstrong into the mix and I truly believe we will start scoring again. we are only a win away from the top 6. Unfortunately so are a number of clubs, but whilst we are a win away there is always hope. Colchester at home on Tuesday, if we have half the attempts as we did tonight we will win. First time in a long time , I see some hope again.
If Bradford win today it will be 2 wins away from the top 6.

smileycov

Facebook User
If, Otis.......but then again keeps Millwall closer, but f Millwall win or draw?

I still took enough out of last night to think over next couple of games we can turn it around. We have wanted too for a while, but f if things stay the same nothing changes, right? Looking at last night stick Jones in, add Armstrong and Stephens back in and I see potential. Next 2 games will show.

stevefloyd

I have tried to remain 'optimistic' this season, all our hopes were raised, TM was lauded the new messiah but fucking hell we have dropped like a proverbial stone, yes we have had our bad luck with defenders but the rest of the team are almost injury free, the team that was free scoring for fun can't hardly hit a fuckin barn door, I was so pissed off last night at our POOR yes fuckin downright shite shots straight at their average keeper which made him look world class!! You expect something from your senior players and Ricketts Vincelot (although played out of position) Cole Fortune Henderson etc didn't step up, then a young 18 year old came on and was more direct and exciting than the rest of them put together, I went to the pub after the game, it was rammed beyond belief, I stood there waiting to get served for 30 minutes and thought fuck it I am going home..BECAUSE I was so fucking pissed at the footballand the way how we lost !!! I am afraid I am starting to have strong doubts about TM and crewits 4 steps forward and 6 fuckin back !!!!!!!!! rant over...for now

luwalla

You are kind of backing up the point I'm making then... Threatened numerous & shots on target... But we didn't score , we can't finish?
and then like you say we our defensive issues let us down again. We can't defend and we can't finish... And Armstrong has been in the side up until yesterday and he couldn't score either

maybe feeling extremely down with it all today, but haven't seen anything for MONTHS now to make me feel otherwise really.

stevefloyd

I feel exactly the same...no wonder the crowds have dropped...people want to be uplifted at the weekend not fuckin depressed

SkyblueBazza

You get nothing but a hard-luck story for hitting the post...not in this game!

...onwards & upwards PUSB

ajsccfc

For the first half of the season I though Vincelot was a contender for player of the season, but since the team's gone to pot he's exemplified it by the amount of times he wastes a pass, and then in defence he was a bit of a calamity.

When we fanny around at the back and it works it's alright, but we're in League One and it's ok to just hammer it into touch sometimes. If we're going to give the ball away, at least give it to their defence rather than their attack.

smileycov

Facebook User
You are kind of backing up the point I'm making then... Threatened numerous & shots on target... But we didn't score , we can't finish?
and then like you say we our defensive issues let us down again. We can't defend and we can't finish... And Armstrong has been in the side up until yesterday and he couldn't score either

maybe feeling extremely down with it all today, but haven't seen anything for MONTHS now to make me feel otherwise really.

Neither have I hence the "if nothing changes, it stays the same" quote. However, I have followed this club since 74, I love my team and will always have hope until it is mathematically impossible to qualify for promotion. The change I feel may help (and must be our last chance!) is the introduction of this Jones lad. He looks fast, skilful bust more importantly keen and interested. Armstrong has struggled of late, however get Murphy and Jones pouring forward decent balls through and he may find his scoring boots again. A few times last night I so wished it was Arma let loose behind there defence. So i look at that and think, produce those chances with him in the side and we may well be on to something. Sorry to say it but get rid of Bigi, was shocking last night, we have better. Beat Colchester and it is game on, gather form and momentum with the likes of Millwall, Wigan and Bradford to come and it is once again up to us.

RegisWinner

He has been playing crap for longer than that and so has Fleck. How people notice Bigi's poor passes and not Fleck's is surprising. I noticed a few yesterday.

Otis

excellent is pushing it a bit, he's been found out really. League one standard midfield fodder.
I thought he was. Out of him and Stokes for player of the season.

He was incredibly influential and a key cog in our set up. It's only the last half dozen games where his game has gone to pot.

singers_pore

It appears the players and management just aren't that bothered about promotion. My gut feeling is that they have that attitude due to the owner and CA having so many players out of contract this Summer. Not good for team morale.

Grendel

It appears the players and management just aren't that bothered about promotion. My gut feeling is that they have that attitude due to the owner and CA having so many players out of contract this Summer. Not good for team morale.

Drivel.

No Way Back

Yeah its all Sisu's fault. Should have realised.

covmark

Bullshit like this gets on my tits. These players and management are professionals they strive their whole careers to win things. It's kind of the whole point of playing the fucking game. To say that they're not bothered about promotion, is talking bollocks of the highest order.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

H

Huckerby

Shut up

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread