Can't bloody believe this! (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Easier said than done not to worry, but she may not even have a signal. I'd try talking to someone on the ward and, if she's up to talking to you, try and get the number of the landline by her bed. It'll be free to call that from your landline (if you have one!).

Anyway, I hope she's OK. So much harder when you can't visit, isn't it.
I've spent most of today just trying to find out where the hell she is. I'm assuming she's still in QE, but no bugger is answering the phone on the ward. So frustrating!

shmmeee

Sorry to hear this Houch.

If you’re having trouble finding stuff out give the PALS (patient liaison service) a shout, they’ll normally get back within 24 hours and will have a word with staff. I had to do it when my daughter was in recently as they weren’t telling me stuff. Felt like a twat “complaining” but everyone was lovely and it sorted it out as was a genuine misunderstanding. They can make sure you’re contacted with info, have the right number to get through etc.

Details here for QE:Report a problem

It’s a leave a message and they’ll get back to you situation.

Houchens Head

Sorry to hear this Houch.

If you’re having trouble finding stuff out give the PALS (patient liaison service) a shout, they’ll normally get back within 24 hours and will have a word with staff. I had to do it when my daughter was in recently as they weren’t telling me stuff. Felt like a twat “complaining” but everyone was lovely and it sorted it out as was a genuine misunderstanding. They can make sure you’re contacted with info, have the right number to get through etc.

Details here for QE:Report a problem

It’s a leave a message and they’ll get back to you situation.
Cheers Shmmeee. I've thought about contacting PALS as I did so when St Mary's on the Isle of Wight cocked up the admin for my surgery. They were great. But I've thought about it for a day or so now and decided I'll accept that it is Easter and they are short staffed also illnesses with Covid.
When I did eventually get through yesterday (Sunday), the nurse was brilliant. Really understanding how I felt. Anyway, the news at the moment is that she had physio this morning (Monday) and was told she done really well. Now I just hope she can get transferred to Worcester Royal asap, so I can actually visit and take her some bits and pieces she needs.

Houchens Head

How's it going?
Missus is STILL in hospital with no signs of coming home yet. Just over two weeks now. My knee pain is slowly getting better. Just struggling with things like shopping, and even eating. Haven't had a proper meal for ages, although I've got stuff in, I just can't be arsed to actually eat, and when I do try something, it's only a half-hearted attempt and I end up throwing dinners away. Missus is hallucinating, which they want to check, also she has terrible stomach pains which, personally, I think is an ulcer, but they're checking on that as well. She still needs help doing simple tasks like washing and dressing. Mind you, she's 72 now!
Thanks for asking NW ;)

duffer

Missus is STILL in hospital with no signs of coming home yet. Just over two weeks now. My knee pain is slowly getting better. Just struggling with things like shopping, and even eating. Haven't had a proper meal for ages, although I've got stuff in, I just can't be arsed to actually eat, and when I do try something, it's only a half-hearted attempt and I end up throwing dinners away. Missus is hallucinating, which they want to check, also she has terrible stomach pains which, personally, I think is an ulcer, but they're checking on that as well. She still needs help doing simple tasks like washing and dressing. Mind you, she's 72 now!
Thanks for asking NW ;)

Sorry to hear it HH, sounds like you're both going through it.

It's easy to say from here of course, but you've got to take care of yourself too mate or you'll be no use to anyone. I think you're allowed to let the diet slip and take on a bit of junk food/chocolate/booze at times like these. 🙂

Houchens Head

I bloody love choccy but even the thought of eating any is making me feel ill. 😥

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Thanks for asking NW ;)
I imagine the anxiety and stress of everything is having a huge impact on things like your appetite. Make sure you look after yourself right, even if you have to use supplements at the moment. You need to make sure you get the right nutrients to help yourself heal from your op.

duffer

I bloody love choccy but even the thought of eating any is making me feel ill. 😥

If you can't face chocolate mate, then it's definitely getting serious! Can't have you getting skinny now lad, not after all those recent years of effort to obtain that 'fuller' figure. 🙂

We'll have to get you on that old British Army diet recommended for underweight recruits, chips and Guinness!

Joking aside though, sorry to hear of all of the pain.

I know everyone here wants you back on top form ASAP, if only so that we can start dishing out some hammer to you again without feeling too guilty. 😁

Houchens Head

Had some good news at last. The missus is finally coming out of hospital after 8 weeks! Bloody need her back. The washing up is piling up in the sink and I haven't had a decent sandwich in 8 weeks! :LOL:
(I'm collecting her from Evesham tomorrow.)

clint van damme

Had some good news at last. The missus is finally coming out of hospital after 8 weeks! Bloody need her back. The washing up is piling up in the sink and I haven't had a decent sandwich in 8 weeks! :LOL:
(I'm collecting her from Evesham tomorrow.)

Great news H. Sure it will be a great boost to both of you to be back home together.

Houchens Head

My little dog is going to go absolutely ape-shit when he sees her! We were allowed to take him on one visit a few weeks ago, as long as we stayed in the garden area. The pair of them were like long lost soul mates. God knows what they'll be like tomorrow. Had a load of orthopaedic equipment delivered today and will be having a carer in regularly for a while, so things will be difficult, but at least she's home where I can take care of her myself.
I'd just like to say a huge thanks to you guys for giving me loads of support. It really means such a lot. I'll spread the man-hugs and man-kisses here. Share them fairly! ..... xx xxx xx x x x x x x :love: ((())) ((())) ((())) ((()))

Sbarcher

Must be wreaking a bit by now wearing same grundies for 8 weeks!

Moff

Only just caught up with this thread HH. So sorry to hear about all that's happened but such good news your wife is coming home.

Hope she is back now and all is good, and you are enjoying some much needed time together!

Users who are viewing this thread