Cannabis legalise or not (1 Viewer)

skybluedan

Just wondering what people's thoughts are now it seems things are gathering pace worldwide with weed.
There is even talk over here in jersey about it being made available for medicinal reasons

Otis

Err, nope.

Haven't the latest studies say it is a lot more dangerous than previously thought. Thought now it is believed to cause paranoia and memory loss.

Err, sorry ..... what was I talking about again?

bringbackrattles

My youngest son is addicted to it and it has changed his personality but he can't see it and in denial that he is hooked.
I smoked it many years ago but never liked it and hate the smell.I wish my lad would quit but he sees no harm in it.

ccfc92

definitely a grey area. Stoners harp on about how happy meals and beer are just as bad. yet scientists have proved it causes mental health problems. it wouldn't effect me personally, have no interest in it, beer on the other hand :p

ccfc92

My youngest son is addicted to it and it has changed his personality but he can't see it and in denial that he is hooked.
I smoked it many years ago but never liked it and hate the smell.I wish my lad would quit but he sees no harm in it.

this is the "dark side" of the story that those that want it legalised don't realise

Otis

this is the "dark side" of the story that those that want it legalised don't realise

True. Something I have never tried and something I hate the smell of anyway.

I've never been addicted to anything at all to be honest, apart from masterbation.

bringbackrattles

My son lived with me a couple of years back and he was a nightmare as his moods were up and down. The home smelt of the stuff and even though he's my son and I care about him I had to tell him to go.He's never settled down and it's because of his dope addiction. But he can't see it !

skybluedan

There was a story over here recently about a woman who had been caught with some and in the local paper she had an interview and was saying because of her condition think it was ms, that she had tried all other medications and that cooking with cannabis is the only thing that enables her to live her life and get around and also helps her appetite.i mean this woman is nearly 60. I know the situation with people being addicted and all I smoked it myself for 20 years and to be honest the only reason I probably don't now here in jersey is that it's crap solid and very expensive but have got to say I enjoyed smoking it, I mean it does not bother me none the less I smoke cigs but don't drink I mean the tobacco was I used to think was the worst thing about smoking it.

ccfc92

My son lived with me a couple of years back and he was a nightmare as his moods were up and down. The home smelt of the stuff and even though he's my son and I care about him I had to tell him to go.He's never settled down and it's because of his dope addiction. But he can't see it !

those in favor of legalising weed, will always try and justify by saying "people get addicted to alcohol". but IMO weed is a crafty drug that gradually gets a hold of people. Just my opinion though. good luck with your son though, hopefully he will realise you are worried about him and trying to help

bringbackrattles

those in favor of legalising weed, will always try and justify by saying "people get addicted to alcohol". but IMO weed is a crafty drug that gradually gets a hold of people. Just my opinion though. good luck with your son though, hopefully he will realise you are worried about him and trying to help
Thanks for that much appreciated.

Otis

He's 29 but been on it since he was about 20.
But as a father Otis which you are aren't you,we don't stop worrying do we ?

Nope, we don't. My little un is only 9 but am already trying to pre warn her. Hoping she continues with all her acting cos that keeps her so busy she wouldn't have time to be hanging around on street corners.

Covstu

I just think its a little ironic that there is a major push to stop people smoking and focussing on the dangers of cigarettes so this wouldn't make sense at all in my opinion. Personally I have tried it in uni days but have grown up. The people next door smoke it all of the time, personally I don't want my kids smelling it every day.

ccfc92

Covstu;695022[B said:
]I just think its a little ironic that there is a major push to stop people smoking and focussing on the dangers of cigarettes so this wouldn't make sense at all in my opinion.[/B] Personally I have tried it in uni days but have grown up. The people next door smoke it all of the time, personally I don't want my kids smelling it every day.

a very key point to be fair

Nick

Administrator
The only reason I would say do it is for medical reasons.

Was in the shop earlier and a lad really stunk of it and didn't know what day it was.

With all drugs, legal or not people will do it.

skybluedan

I mean for medicinal purposes it's a must, I have been reading a lot about people with different illness and how it has helped with them including cancer sufferers,but I think with the amount colarado, Washington and places like Portugal have made on tax with it, it won't be long before the rest of America and then the uk will jump all over it.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I love a Moroccan Woodbine now and again! Been smoking it since about 1975. One every other week-end, if that! So I've never been addicted. However, I also like a drink now and again and I have seen how that can affect some people (addiction, drunkenness etc). Again, it's the same with gambling - addiction can affect almost anything. So, to say cannabis is addictive, is purely down to the individual user.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Prohibition doesn't work.....

....everyone knows that, but politically, its suicide to state this obvious fact.

The war on drugs was always an unwinnable war....idiots.

!

Users who are viewing this thread