Cancel the boycott (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsallsingtogether

I dont think Jimmy Hills family would be happy about a person with such views using JHs name.
Not happy with Sisu ether but hey soon it your way.
That is why they have approval for his name to be used.
" if Jimmy was still alive he would have joined the March."
This is about CCFC not someone's political views.
If you are happy with Sisu and what they are doing fine carry on, like all others who have got into bed with them it will end in tears.

Grendel

I would rather he came on here and justified himself rather than hide behind deleted tweets.

If that's what he believes then fine, but deleting tweets doesn't then automatically rescind everything anyone has said and done.

Well it's not fine. Why would anyone retweet a comment from the head of the EDF about a Muslim social worker raping a white boy.

I'm actually staggered as despite my complete disagreement with him he seemed fairly reasonable when interviewed on the media.

Some of the posts are horrible.

AndreasB

Years? These were all from the last month. Don't hide behind a "company account" it's clearly your personal site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
French energy companies aren't what they used to be!

Turn up to a march and get:

TTfE2ao.gif

Otis

Well it's not fine. Why would anyone retweet a comment from the head of the EDF about a Muslim social worker raping a white boy.

I'm actually staggered as despite my complete disagreement with him he seemed fairly reasonable when interviewed on the media.

Some of the posts are horrible.
Not read them. What I mean by 'fine' is that he is perfectly entitled to believe in what he believes. Unless he is of course breaking the law or inciting racial hatred.

Not seen the tweets. Think you can still get done for retweeting can't you, dependent on the subject matter?

skybluetony176

Well taking into account Tony's revelation, as money laundering is happening, and he is a fraudster? Eh, I'm not saying that's what he's up to.

It is, people call on SISU to invest, they won't. So people protest and boycott.

Hardly a revelation. It's been all over the news for years. Still, it won't come as a surprise to many that you walk around with your head stuck up where the sun doesn't shine. :)

Generally Midfield

tbf somebody else said it half in jest first but yeah, it'd shine a light on the fact a stadium built for CCFC is seeing CCFC fans and memories being neglected because of the actions of [insert boogeyman of choice].

Anyway, if I can get there in time for the protest I'll join in, but yeah I'm going to the game.

(Am assuming after the first couple of pages of this thread it started to get to a stage where everybody respected each others' choices for Saturday, anyway ;) )

I think this thread sort of proves the point - cleaning the bricks is imaginative, unifying and good PR. The very mention of a boycott has everyone arguing and is inherently divisive.

clint van damme

Not happy with Sisu ether but hey soon it your way.
That is why they have approval for his name to be used.
" if Jimmy was still alive he would have joined the March."
This is about CCFC not someone's political views.
If you are happy with Sisu and what they are doing fine carry on, like all others who have got into bed with them it will end in tears.
this is the sort of fucking stupid post that causes so much trouble among our support.
Torchmatic in no way said anything pro sisu but because you don't like what he did say and it doesn't fit with your way of thinking you come out with this:
"If you are happy with Sisu and what they are doing fine carry on, like all others who have got into bed with them it will end in tears."

What the fuck has that got to do with questioning someones suitability to put themselves forward as the public face of a campaign bearing Jimmy Hills name?

I appreciate he's your friend and I haven't seen the tweets so I'm not going to comment on that but if any one fronting any of the forthcoming marches and protests has anything sisu can use against them they'll have a fucking field day.

torchomatic

It still has nothing to do with anyone attending the march or protest though does it?

I might be in a minority but i think it does. A fan representative tweets offensive far right material. What would our Muslim fans think, I wonder.

If he has those views fair enough up to him but he shouldn't lead a campaign which uses Jimmy Hills name.

torchomatic

this is the sort of fucking stupid post that causes so much trouble among our support.
Torchmatic in no way said anything pro sisu but because you don't like what he did say and it doesn't fit with your way of thinking you come out with this:
"If you are happy with Sisu and what they are doing fine carry on, like all others who have got into bed with them it will end in tears."

What the fuck has that got to do with questioning someones suitability to put themselves forward as the public face of a campaign bearing Jimmy Hills name?

I appreciate he's your friend and I haven't seen the tweets so I'm not going to comment on that but if any one fronting any of the forthcoming marches and protests has anything sisu can use against them they'll have a fucking field day.

I have him on ignore so can't see what he posts unless someone quotes him.

skybluebeduff

I might be in a minority but i think it does. A fan representative tweets offensive far right material. What would our Muslim fans think, I wonder.

If he has those views fair enough up to him but he shouldn't lead a campaign which uses Jimmy Hills name.
You're probably right, but it still won't hinder my enthusiasm for the protest. I'm not doing it for any fan led group.

But after what has come forth today, he should step down immediately, it's not right to jeopardise what hundreds are planning on doing Saturday. The media attention, if any, should be about the fans, not the views of one mans political views on twitter.

Grendel

You're probably right, but it still won't hinder my enthusiasm for the protest. I'm not doing it for any fan led group.

But after what has come forth today, he should step down immediately, it's not right to jeopardise what hundreds are planning on doing Saturday. The media attention, if any, should be about the fans, not the views of one mans political views on twitter.

Fair enough - reasonable response

torchomatic

If what Andreas says is true, then Steve must walk away from any kind of figurehead/organising role. I hope Andreas is a genuine fan - I suspect he is

It is saw the stuff myself before he made his account private.

AndreasB

Agree with that

torchomatic

Can I ask why when it's on a very public forum like twitter, nobody has seen fit to bring it up until round about now?!?

Surely people noticed??

Never followed him so i wouldn't have seen his tweets anyway.

Lord_Nampil

Listen everyone. I know I can be an arsehole on here - provactive, twattish, trolling, rude etc but this is important. I almost feel sorry for Steve having outed him on here. He obviously deeply holds those views and doesn't think there is anything wrong with them. However, this isnt just UKIP type stuff, its hardcore racist/Islamaphobic posts and retweets. Im sure he never shares those views in public but the fact is he thinks its ok to air them on social media. Kids follow him because he is leading a protest movement. God knows what SISU or the press would make of it.
Call me a PC wanker if you like but there is a line to be drawn here. At a club with a proud history of black and Islamic players,this sort of person really shouldn't be representing the fanbase in any way.

I think this post is very very important issues that need to be understood, this is very serious IMO

Grendel

If what Andreas says is true, then Steve must walk away from any kind of figurehead/organising role. I hope Andreas is a genuine fan - I suspect he is

Well I have a Twitter account but never use it other than follow some Bands. I have to say that I am amazed at some of the racist tripe that was showing on the account. I actually thought it had gone with the 80's - stupid me

Nick

Administrator
Doesn't have to be just you, or me.

Just have to question... why now?

Not like he hasn't had a role that's in the public eye for a while, is it?
It is a bit strange it's like an exclusive now!

It's never been hidden at all..

I'm sure it was mentioned in a thread the other day also about Steve stepping down?

torchomatic

Yeah see what you mean. There could have been an attitude of "That's just Steve" from those who know him. He certainly wasn't hiding it and it wasn't just UKIP crap but real offensive racism.

NorthernWisdom

Yeah see what you mean. There could have been an attitude of "That's just Steve" from those who know him. He certainly wasn't hiding it and it wasn't just UKIP crap but real offensive racism.

But also from opponents is the point... You're seriously telling me others wouldn't have seen it?

As Nick says.

It is a bit strange it's like an exclusive now!

It's never been hidden at all..

The biggest worry for me is it threatens to derail a lot of the good work in a CCFC sense that Steve has done in keeping disparate groups together. We can discuss the politics on the off-topic and, I think it's safe to say where I nail my political colours ;) but in a CCFC sense, I don't quite understand why this all flaring up happens... now.

And not when he took over as chair of the Trust.

Or when other things have happened in the CCFC soap opera.

Monners

It's a interesting point, and why I suggested on clarification from Andreas.

Nick , can you help with this. It is an important issue that can't be brushed aside

Nick

Administrator
It's a interesting point, and why I suggested on clarification from Andreas.

Nick , can you help with this. It is an important issue that can't be brushed aside

There is not too much I can do about it sadly. In the thread the other day I couldn't do much about it as Steve obviously hasn't hidden his views, they are his views so I didn't start deleting anything and he is more than capable of having his say and defending himself and his views.

I have checked accounts like I do with anybody but nothing stands out as obviously dodgy.

AndreasB

Dunno, I was genuinely looking for info on the march and he was said to be organising it. Just wondered what people I know might be following him.
The unpleasant retweets were all recent as were the follows of most of the extremist groups.

Bit embarrassing for his new mate Simon Gilbert who he is always retweeting. Perhaps he could have checked?

And yes, am a genuine Cov fan, ST holder. Could have gone viral with this shite if I really wanted to do harm. Just hope Steve has the decency to bow out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread