Can we win the league? (1 Viewer)

Astute

Yeah, but that's not what I mean, I mean in terms of they should have scored. At one point (from a corner or cross), one of their players missed all but a sitter of a header from just 4 or 5 yards out.
We could have also scored more.

Otis

Yeah, just pointing out that our defence wasn't perfect last night and we were a bit lucky on a couple of occasions that they didn't score.

Astute

Yeah, just pointing out that our defence wasn't perfect last night and we were a bit lucky on a couple of occasions that they didn't score.
I agree. But they were also a bit lucky not to have been beaten by a couple more goals.

Otis

Yeah, but again you are missing my point. :)

We have had games where there hasn't even been a shot on target against us. That's what I am talking about. Don't think there was any danger in our throwing the game away last night and we could of course have scored more.

It's just though if we want to be ultra mean at the back and continue with lots of clean sheets and limiting the opposition we need to stop giving free headers like that from 4 yards out. :)

st john

Yeah, but that's not what I mean, I mean in terms of they should have scored. At one point (from a corner or cross), one of their players missed all but a sitter of a header from just 4 or 5 yards out.
And on another day the one that crashed against the bar would have gone in. TBH I think the defence lost a bit of concentration thinking we already had the game won.
It was their No. 6 both times who should have scored. Nobody closed him down or anticipated his run for the one that hit the bar, although it was a decent piece of play from them, and he easily lost his marker for the far post header from the corner. Shows how easy it can be to lose a 2 goal lead from a winning position.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

As I said at the start of the season, we've began how I expected. I expect us to float in the top 10 until around 15-20 games in whilst we get into gear.

Then move upwards ala Wigan and Sheffield United in League 1

Our defence is solid as a rock, and whilst there will be games we lose and make mistakes ( league 2 players) we'll certainly win a lot more than we lose.

It's not pretty and it's gonna be dodgy on the ticker, but 1-0 every game will get us promoted

letsallsingtogether

Well we didn't play particularly well last night and won 2-0 so there is a chance for anyone in this league.
Why not us.......

Astute

Yeah, but again you are missing my point. :)

We have had games where there hasn't even been a shot on target against us. That's what I am talking about. Don't think there was any danger in our throwing the game away last night and we could of course have scored more.

It's just though if we want to be ultra mean at the back and continue with lots of clean sheets and limiting the opposition we need to stop giving free headers like that from 4 yards out. :)
We attacked in the 2nd half. We scored twice in the second half. When we attack we will leave space for our opponents. But we deserved to win.

Users who are viewing this thread