Can we take advantage of Pompey and Rangers? (1 Viewer)

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Football League rules state that if a club goes bust before the end of the play-offs (not just regular season), then the results of that club are expunged from the record and one less team is relegated.

If Portsmouth are liquidated it would mean 1 less team relegated from each division below throughout the pyramid. As Portsmouth would be 'relegated' from the Championship into league 1 then 'relegated' from league 1 to league 2 and so on. But promotions (including play offs) would remain the same to redress the balance.

For Portsmouth to reform as per AFC Wimbledon or FC United of Manchester they would start in the Southern league - 2 leagues below the Conference as per Nuneaton 'Borough' now Nuneaton Town.

Last edited:

Sumo the Micky Quinn

As have MK Dons. I believe that only two would go down with an extra team coming up from non league to league football to fill the place.

MK Dons are Wimbledon F.C., they are not a newly formed club from the conference.

The owners were given permission to relocate Wimbledon F.C. to Milton Keynes by Footballs governing bodies as Merton Council, refused Wimbledon F.C. planning permission to upgrade Plough Lane, and also would not allow any other land be used for the club.

When local fans set up AFC Wimbledon they had to start from the Southern League, As would be the case if Portsmouth were to reform as say AFC Portsmouth City.

Last edited:

dojer

If Portsmouth are liquidated it would mean 1 less team relegated from each division below throughout the pyramid. As Portsmouth would be 'relegated' from the Championship into league 1 then 'relegated' from league 1 to league 2 and so on. But promotions (including play offs) would remain the same to redress the balance.

For Portsmouth to reform as per AFC Wimbledon or FC United of Manchester they would start in the Southern league - 2 leagues below the Conference as per Nuneaton 'Borough' now Nuneaton Town.

It's interesting as there have been a few reformed clubs who have gone to these lower leagues and torn the league apart. I think the thinking now is to get them below the Conference North/South but not too far as it ruins the opportunities for other clubs to achieve promotion.

In my opinion I think Portsmouth will survive for the rest of the season and will find a new buyer by the start of next season. It would be extremely unfortunate if they were liquidated as it would probably set a precedent for other clubs to be wound up. But I do take the point that Portsmouth spent money on players which they just didn't have so maybe the points deduction is deserved in that respect.

@richh87

I'm sorry but admin 3 times in 14 years is taking the piss!

It's hard to feel sorry for fans who will forever have the memory of an FA Cup win and a journey into Europe - which was bought for them.

I wonder if they'd swap those things for staying in the Championship?

AFCCOVENTRY

The clock is ticking.... hmmm... where have i heard that before? :thinking about::thinking about:

Regarding pompey

"The more we uncover, the worse the picture appears to get."

“The only consolation I can give supporters, staff and players at the moment is that my PKF colleagues and I have not given up hope and will continue to do all we can to save the club. But the clock is ticking."

kg82

I'm sorry but admin 3 times in 14 years is taking the piss!

It's hard to feel sorry for fans who will forever have the memory of an FA Cup win and a journey into Europe - which was bought for them.

I wonder if they'd swap those things for staying in the Championship?

Are you telling me that if Coventry got into the prem, won the FA Cup and had a great run in Europe which were all achieved by overspending, you wouldn't celebrate any of it so that when it goes tits up we can still get sympathy off other teams fans?! I think not and I DO feel sorry for pompey fans with the shit they're going through.

dongonzalos

^^^ you really are an idiot!! :jerkit:

Here u are smiley. One week ago the first time you sent me any form of communiction. You called me an idiot and sent me a jerk it logo. Now you call me a liar and tell me that this did not happen, and the first jerk it was sent by me.

Users who are viewing this thread