Can we take advantage of Pompey and Rangers? (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

As they are now looking at playing staff leaving, is there anyone we could take on a free?

The players aren't even getting paid at Pompey so surely our crap wage budget will suffice!

Otis

Portsmouth may not finish the season's fixtures according to the administrator.

covcity4life

Portsmouth may not finish the season's fixtures according to the administrator.

i just read this,few journos think this is the adminsitrator playing hardball with people owed money or something

if they go down does that mean its just 2 more relegation spots?what if pompey are in the bottom 2?

Otis

I reckon if they didn't fulfil their fixtures they would be kicked out the league, or forced to drop at least another division.

If they can't fulfil their fixtures that manes they can't continue to exist as it stands.

sky_blue_up_north

Ask yourself another question if they cannot complete the season, what happens to points clubs have taken/lost against them.....

mark82

All points expunged vs Portsmouth. I would think that if they went bust before end of season then only 2 relegation places.

crowsnest

Number of points with Pomey's results removed if they went bust.

Ipswich......34
Millwall.......31
Forest........31
Bristol City...30
Coventry.....28
Doncaster....25
Portsmouth...0

mark82

Basically would pull Milwall back in. Let's hope it doesn't come to this.

I believe if Pompey went bust and had to reform they would have to start from the Conference.

covcity4life

millwall being pulled back in is a good thing?

we have to be selfish here

lets hope we can get ourselves out of it though,then we can wish pompey well in league one

mark82

millwall being pulled back in is a good thing?

we have to be selfish here

lets hope we can get ourselves out of it though,then we can wish pompey well in league one

They would not be in League 1 if didn't fulfil their fixtures. They would not exist.

dongonzalos

no
Would never wish another club goes bust. I have friends who support Pompey.

Were you at Highfield road when their fans charged across disabled supporters in wheelchairs to attack us.

I appreciate it is sad and the majority of their fans are not morons, but it now surivial of the fittest now I am afraid. If Porstmouth dissapear and that allows us to stay up then so bit it. If we go down we might end up dissapearing.

If they get disbanded they will return a city that size will always have a football team and it might be what they need a fresh start and building from the bottom.

It might also be what football needs as a whole a proper reality check.

also we need striker and for a club that cant afford things how the hell do they have these lot

Marko Futacs (HUN) 22 Feb 1990 17 10 920 3 2

Nwankwo Kanu (NGR) 1 Aug 1976 10 3 379 1 Dave Kitson (ENG) 21 Jan 1980 26 20 1,901 3 1 6 Benjamin Mwaruwari (ZIM) 13 Aug 1978 18 6 690 1 2 Luke Varney (ENG) 28 Sep 1982 16 15 1,288 5 1 4 Danny Webber (ENG)

Brighton Sky Blue

Football League rules state that if a club goes bust before the end of the play-offs (not just regular season), then the results of that club are expunged from the record and one less team is relegated.

Otis

I want us to survive on our own merits.

Unfortunately though, with Pompey already being docked 10 points that has given us aid anyway.

Brighton Sky Blue

I want us to survive on our own merits.

Unfortunately though, with Pompey already being docked 10 points that has given us aid anyway.

Don't buy that Otis-by keeping players they couldn't afford at the expense of paying their bills they gained an unfair advantage, so the deduction is more of a leveller than a disadvantage. You could also argue that our exceptionally weak finances have aided the rest of the bottom 6.

Donnie Brasco

A readers quote from the above link:-

I haven't heard what was said but here's what another listener has posted: " Apparently the next tranch of parachute money (2.2 million) will go STRAIGHT to Gaydamak!! This leaves the club on the precipice with serious doubt as to us completing the season. It is so serious that TB is now talking about thw worse case senario. Without additional funding we could be liquidated. TB is also states that the ongoing issue of no ownership of the land surrounding the ground no training ground and no academy is really unattractive to new owners. Let us all hope the trust can see this out with fan ownership." Obviously if this liquidates te club, it does Gaydamak and Chainrai no good at all so I hope he will forgo tis payment in the hope that he gets all of his money in the long term. On the other hand, Gaydamak could come to te conclusion that this payment is all he is likely to see anyway. Gulp.

Brighton Sky Blue

A readers quote from the above link:-

I haven't heard what was said but here's what another listener has posted: " Apparently the next tranch of parachute money (2.2 million) will go STRAIGHT to Gaydamak!! This leaves the club on the precipice with serious doubt as to us completing the season. It is so serious that TB is now talking about thw worse case senario. Without additional funding we could be liquidated. TB is also states that the ongoing issue of no ownership of the land surrounding the ground no training ground and no academy is really unattractive to new owners. Let us all hope the trust can see this out with fan ownership." Obviously if this liquidates te club, it does Gaydamak and Chainrai no good at all so I hope he will forgo tis payment in the hope that he gets all of his money in the long term. On the other hand, Gaydamak could come to te conclusion that this payment is all he is likely to see anyway. Gulp.

He also says they're due £14m in parachute payments upto 2014-£7-10m of which is due to other clubs. Good to see the PL playing their part in FFP.

dongonzalos

Don't buy that Otis-by keeping players they couldn't afford at the expense of paying their bills they gained an unfair advantage, so the deduction is more of a leveller than a disadvantage. You could also argue that our exceptionally weak finances have aided the rest of the bottom 6.

Sorry Otis they have had an unfair advantage for years when they had Crouch, Defoe Krankjar and the likes when there was not way they could afford it. All this rubbish about what a great wheeler dealer Harry was. Also looking at the players they have now, it is shocking as well.

Last edited:

mark82

Football League rules state that if a club goes bust before the end of the play-offs (not just regular season), then the results of that club are expunged from the record and one less team is relegated.

Not sure how that would work with the playoffs if happened during them. Could potentially push clubs into the playoffs who were not there and clubs who were in the play-offs into automatic. Could open up a whole can of worms.

Also, cannot understand those people wishing another club to go bust. How would you feel if it was us. Would you be happy to give it up and form a new club? Don't think it couldn't happen to us!!

cstring82

i just read this,few journos think this is the adminsitrator playing hardball with people owed money or something

if they go down does that mean its just 2 more relegation spots?what if pompey are in the bottom 2?

As three are supposed to go down, the next two would be in the mix.

Otis

Sorry Otis they have had an unfair advantage for years when they had Crouch, Defoe Krankjar and the likes when there was not way they could afford it. All this rubbish about what a great wheeler dealer Harry was. Also looking at the players they have now, it is shocking as well.

Yes, don't get me wrong I accept all that. What I was trying to say was I would be so much happier if we stayed up by our own efforts, so that the Pompey thing wasn't even an issue. I realise they had an advantage by just overspending without thinking about the consequences.

I just want City to survive because they are the 4th or 5th worst team in the league, not the 3rd + Pompey's 10 points.

dongonzalos

Yes, don't get me wrong I accept all that. What I was trying to say was I would be so much happier if we stayed up by our own efforts, so that the Pompey thing wasn't even an issue. I realise they had an advantage by just overspending without thinking about the consequences.

I just want City to survive because they are the 4th or 5th worst team in the league, not the 3rd + Pompey's 10 points.

Fair comment

kg82

no

Were you at Highfield road when their fans charged across disabled supporters in wheelchairs to attack us.

I appreciate it is sad and the majority of their fans are not morons, but it now surivial of the fittest now I am afraid. If Porstmouth dissapear and that allows us to stay up then so bit it. If we go down we might end up dissapearing.

If they get disbanded they will return a city that size will always have a football team and it might be what they need a fresh start and building from the bottom.

It might also be what football needs as a whole a proper reality check.

also we need striker and for a club that cant afford things how the hell do they have these lot

Marko Futacs (HUN) 22 Feb 1990 17 10 920 3 2

Nwankwo Kanu (NGR) 1 Aug 1976 10 3 379 1 Dave Kitson (ENG) 21 Jan 1980 26 20 1,901 3 1 6 Benjamin Mwaruwari (ZIM) 13 Aug 1978 18 6 690 1 2 Luke Varney (ENG) 28 Sep 1982 16 15 1,288 5 1 4 Danny Webber (ENG)

I don't think you can take anything from that incident a HR - don't get me wrong, it was disgraceful but it was a handful of fans, a minority. 2 years before that we did exactly the same at Maine Road just because we lost in the last minute.

I'm with Otis as well, I'd rather us be the 4th or 5th worst team in the league, not have to count on Pompey going out of business.

Also, Danny Webber's gone to Leeds I think?

dongonzalos

I don't think you can take anything from that incident a HR - don't get me wrong, it was disgraceful but it was a handful of fans, a minority. 2 years before that we did exactly the same at Maine Road just because we lost in the last minute.

I'm with Otis as well, I'd rather us be the 4th or 5th worst team in the league, not have to count on Pompey going out of business.

Also, Danny Webber's gone to Leeds I think?
yes I was at main road it was 10 fans they were Tossers. Didn't quite clamber over people in wheelchairs. However I do take your point. It was not the majority. It does stick in my mind though and makes me dislike them more than others

Users who are viewing this thread