Can we support each other? (1 Viewer)

Johnnythespider

Fantastic. And you still have his contact details, Pipkin?
He runs CSD school of dance at the forum buildings, but his name is spelt Karl Herbert, my sister in law is good friends with him, both her daughter's went there, the youngest still does.

Skyblueweeman

Any website developers/designers/builders knocking about on here? I need a website doing and on the cheap as I'm a start up. I've got decent quotes already ranging from £150-£400 and even the lower ones look decent.

Happy to speak to anyone on here who is in that field. And happy to recommend on social media channels if the end result is good :)

PM me hun if that's U x

AStonesThrow

I am looking for help if anyone fancies it. Hoping it will be a great fun adventure too. So many people have been feeling down, my 16 year old daughter, included.

Anyway, I am staging a show at the Albany Theatre in September. Obviously it is now way behind due to Covid and I have lost a few people with people dropping out because of the uncertainty.

I had a free rehearsal space at Warwick Uni and we were rehearsing there, but unfortunately I lost that too, due to the person who was able to secure the space, moving to London.

I am looking for actors, help with publicity, artwork, rehearsal spaces, backstage, everything. I have 7 people "signed up" on the acting side, but everything else is a one man, all hands to the pump effort at the moment. Me! I had three people helping on the production side, but due to Covid and illness and one's relocation, I have lost all of them.

Mainly putting this up here because people might know people and it might be something that will cheer people up a bit. It's a comedy musical, but please don't let the musical bit put you off. 😉

Anyway, it is supposed to be part of the City of Culture event, but as we all know, everything has been put on hold.

Probably clutching at straws, but just thought I would put it out there.

Show has been put on once before and was very well received.

🙃

A-Level Drama student here 👋🏼 and been wanting to give it a go again!! Message me the details, contact etc and we can get the ball rolling!😃

AStonesThrow

I work in the Premier shop on Windmill Road, Longford. Really good deals on at the minute, saving quite a lot of money on things you actually want to buy, not just the extras. Also if anyone lives around the Longford/Holbrooks area, I typically finish my shifts at 9pm, and would be more than happy to do a small amount of shopping for someone/couple of you, and bring it to your home (distance dependable of course as I’ll be walking, no car). Or even it’s around 9pm and you run out of milk or need something for the morning then I can drop it to you.

Also, Otis, I’ve taken up graphic design recently and am totally, 100% self taught. However I feel like my work has reached a decent standard now and so wanted to give the poster a re-develop effort if that’s okay?

Not sure if any of you are in the Facebook group I showed, but this is my latest work, the day after we beat Cardiff

A44BACCF-AB1D-4638-879F-EB82DF77B82E.jpeg

Bugsy

I work in the Premier shop on Windmill Road, Longford. Really good deals on at the minute, saving quite a lot of money on things you actually want to buy, not just the extras. Also if anyone lives around the Longford/Holbrooks area, I typically finish my shifts at 9pm, and would be more than happy to do a small amount of shopping for someone/couple of you, and bring it to your home (distance dependable of course as I’ll be walking, no car). Or even it’s around 9pm and you run out of milk or need something for the morning then I can drop it to you.

Also, Otis, I’ve taken up graphic design recently and am totally, 100% self taught. However I feel like my work has reached a decent standard now and so wanted to give the poster a re-develop effort if that’s okay?

Not sure if any of you are in the Facebook group I showed, but this is my latest work, the day after we beat Cardiff

View attachment 17815

to follow on from this if u do need a lift to drop some shopping off @AStonesThrow i would be more than happy to accommodate....PUSB

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Any website developers/designers/builders knocking about on here? I need a website doing and on the cheap as I'm a start up. I've got decent quotes already ranging from £150-£400 and even the lower ones look decent.

Happy to speak to anyone on here who is in that field. And happy to recommend on social media channels if the end result is good :)

PM me hun if that's U x
Not a designer but work in a digital agency with plenty of them, although I imagine they won't be able to match the quotes provided. Specialize in SEO and PPC if you or anyone else ever needs any help with that side of things.

Rich

I’ve designed this tonight. Happy to do modelling of buildings/items that anyone needs.
Full component drawings and cutting lists can be created based on the model.

BornSlippySkyBlue

About £20 I would say. Pic Disc is worth about the same if you have that.
No unfortunately, never got the picture disc. One of those things that would never be worth as much cash as sentimental value, just like all the vinyl I bought back in the day. There must be so many random records in lofts...

bawtryneal

PM me hun if that's U x

Your website is good and fit for purpose. The two interested parties I forwarded on to thought so anyhow.

stevefloyd

PM me hun if that's U x
I need my web site updating too just been quoted £800 plus vat...errr nope

Skyblueweeman

I need my web site updating too just been quoted £800 plus vat...errr nope

I'm getting mine done for £150 and the mock ups looked ok. He's putting it together as we speak and I should get a first look later this week. Happy to put you in touch? I got about 20 quotes for mine and said I was looking at the £200 range (as a start up) and had a few in or around that mark.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I'm getting mine done for £150 and the mock ups looked ok. He's putting it together as we speak and I should get a first look later this week. Happy to put you in touch? I got about 20 quotes for mine and said I was looking at the £200 range (as a start up) and had a few in or around that mark.
Obviously hope it works out for you, but I would be concerned by anyone putting a website together for that price. That sounds like the kind of price I would charge someone to stick something very, very basic together in Wordpress. My experience of working in an agency is you get what you pay for. We don't charge a 'lot' in website terms, (still probably 15x that amount as a minimum) and we are very budget. Our clients will probably be much larger than what you are looking for, but £150 for a website of any size would be alarm bells for me.

Sick Boy

Obviously hope it works out for you, but I would be concerned by anyone putting a website together for that price. That sounds like the kind of price I would charge someone to stick something very, very basic together in Wordpress. My experience of working in an agency is you get what you pay for. We don't charge a 'lot' in website terms, (still probably 15x that amount as a minimum) and we are very budget. Our clients will probably be much larger than what you are looking for, but £150 for a website of any size would be alarm bells for me.
@Skyblueweeman Agree with this 100% - like @GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee I work in digital, if you want to send it across for me to have a look at them let me know.

Joy Division

Just interested, what are you getting for £150, just the front end web design? Are you having to pay server and domain fees on top of that?

Skyblueweeman

It is a Wordpress site as I had done a lot of research and looked at Wordpress, Wix, Squarespace etc and taking all things into account, Wordpress seemed to be the best. A couple of seemingly reputable agencies also gave me some advice on what to look out for, what to ask a developer etc and those agencies said overall, Wordpress would be the option of choice - especially compared to the likes of Wix (although I appreciate that might work for someone else).

Also, the person doing it is an ex colleague who is now in the world of digital marketing. He did quote double that but after discussions on the build process and where I'm at with the infancy of my business, he said he would do it for £150 on the back of some recommendations for him which I've said I'll be happy to do once complete.

Like I said as well, the mock ups he did were great - better than some agencies charging x10 of what he is.

In terms of what I get for my money @Joy Division, it is only the front end design. I already have the domain registered and hosted by Ionos which is free for the first 12 months then £10 a month thereafter. I have a friend who is an IT Director though and he's said at that point, he'll look after things for me - whatever that means - but he's a good friend and I think is angling for a long term role in my venture!

The other thing to consider, is that due to the nature of my business, the website will be basic in terms of functionality. There's no interactive elements other than a contact us form. It will merely be informational, something that I can send to clients to back up what I'm saying to them. SEO also isn't crucial for my business either.

I do agree £150 sounds too cheap but given the requirements and who is doing it for me, it's perfect for what I require.

Oh, and I've written the content myself :)

Users who are viewing this thread