Can we support each other? (1 Viewer)

Johhny Blue

During these tough economic times would it be a good idea to see if we can help each other out a little. Pipkin offered some free printing on another thread and it made me think that a lot of us may be either self employed or looking for work. Does anyone want to list services that they offer or are looking for here.
It might be a good way to support fellow fans and maybe even mend some bridges.

clint van damme

During these tough economic times would it be a good idea to see if we can help each other out a little. Pipkin offered some free printing on another thread and it made me think that a lot of us may be either self employed or looking for work. Does anyone want to list services that they offer or are looking for here.
It might be a good way to support fellow fans and maybe even mend some bridges.

If you.pay for my flight to Canada and put me up I'll be happy to mow your lawn.

BackRoomRummermill

You could set up a top tips type thing maybe you know good deals found and shared type thing , like cheap cars and stuff something , if anyone wants any advice on touring caravans I am happy to give it for instance

Grendel

If you can't offer anything practical, then be kind (where possible) on the forum. Some people are obviously struggling at the moment (Brighton Sky Blue, for one) and jibes can often be taken badly (although if you are struggling, I'd suggest not having spats with others on here)

You can count on me

better days

If you can't offer anything practical, then be kind (where possible) on the forum. Some people are obviously struggling at the moment (Brighton Sky Blue, for one) and jibes can often be taken badly (although if you are struggling, I'd suggest not having spats with others on here)
Well said

Otis

I am looking for help if anyone fancies it. Hoping it will be a great fun adventure too. So many people have been feeling down, my 16 year old daughter, included.

Anyway, I am staging a show at the Albany Theatre in September. Obviously it is now way behind due to Covid and I have lost a few people with people dropping out because of the uncertainty.

I had a free rehearsal space at Warwick Uni and we were rehearsing there, but unfortunately I lost that too, due to the person who was able to secure the space, moving to London.

I am looking for actors, help with publicity, artwork, rehearsal spaces, backstage, everything. I have 7 people "signed up" on the acting side, but everything else is a one man, all hands to the pump effort at the moment. Me! I had three people helping on the production side, but due to Covid and illness and one's relocation, I have lost all of them.

Mainly putting this up here because people might know people and it might be something that will cheer people up a bit. It's a comedy musical, but please don't let the musical bit put you off. 😉

Anyway, it is supposed to be part of the City of Culture event, but as we all know, everything has been put on hold.

Probably clutching at straws, but just thought I would put it out there.

Show has been put on once before and was very well received.

🙃

rob9872

Fk off

Sky Blue Harry H

I am looking for help if anyone fancies it. Hoping it will be a great fun adventure too. So many people have been feeling down, my 16 year old daughter, included.

Anyway, I am staging a show at the Albany Theatre in September. Obviously it is now way behind due to Covid and I have lost a few people with people dropping out because of the uncertainty.

I had a free rehearsal space at Warwick Uni and we were rehearsing there, but unfortunately I lost that too, due to the person who was able to secure the space, moving to London.

I am looking for actors, help with publicity, artwork, rehearsal spaces, backstage, everything. I have 7 people "signed up" on the acting side, but everything else is a one man, all hands to the pump effort at the moment. Me! I had three people helping on the production side, but due to Covid and illness and one's relocation, I have lost all of them.

Mainly putting this up here because people might know people and it might be something that will cheer people up a bit. It's a comedy musical, but please don't let the musical bit put you off. 😉

Anyway, it is supposed to be part of the City of Culture event, but as we all know, everything has been put on hold.

🙃

What type of artwork are you after Otis? My son (and mates) are v good/brilliant at art. He is also doing the DofE award, and I may be able to persuade him if it ticks one of his 'volunteering/etc' bit tick boxes!!

Also can we help as a community by attending/buying tickets obviously? (if it's crap, we can sing a few City songs to drown out the performers :whistle:;)

Otis

🙃
Oh and before Grendel asks, no it isn't Terry and June the musical.

Otis

What type of artwork are you after Otis? My son (and mates) are v good/brilliant at art. He is also doing the DofE award, and I may be able to persuade him if it ticks one of his 'volunteering/etc' bit tick boxes!!

Also can we help as a community by attending/buying tickets obviously? (if it's crap, we can sing a few City songs to drown out the performers :whistle:;)
Yay.

Otis

I do have a poster, which isn't bad, but it's a work in progress. The other thing I am really looking for is digital backdrops, but I think that is a bit too much to ask for.

This is what I have at the moment.
Screenshot_20201206-232750.png

pipkin73

🙃
A guy i went to school with has done dancing classes and his group won some awards. I think his name is Carl Hurbett. 15-20 years since we last spoke. Last i spoke to him, he is a Cov fan so should help.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Neither-just aware that I am not the only one with some difficulties or even the biggest ones.
I can assure you BSB, you aren’t the only one, and I mean that in a nice way. I guess H mentioned you because you have mentioned how tough being a teacher etc is at present. Couple of my closest friends are teachers, one of whom is also a mother of 2 (under 5s) and going through a tough time with her marriage as well. So I know that teaching isn’t an easy job now (or ever tbf). It’s difficult to talk about that stuff with anyone, so on a forum of football fans, who aren’t always known for their compassion, it’s brave to talk about it. Nobody is judging, it really has been a shit year.

Take care.

ajsccfc

🙃

What was the status of the rehearsal space at Warwick? If it's that it needs a uni member to book it I might be able to help

Users who are viewing this thread