Can we organise a similar protest for the Notts C game? (1 Viewer)

NoelWhelanKCIC

Admittedly it won't have the publicity that the TV coverage of a big game gave us last night but I think its important to keep the momentum going .....

Huge congrats to Michael who organised it all for yesterday. You did a fantastic job. Was immensely proud to be part of it. Got my tickets for Notts C on 8th Feb and cannot wait.

The thing that has struck me is the amount of footy fans i've talked to recently who don't realise re the plight of our club playing in Northampton etc ... shocks and disappoints me?

So what can we do?

Elvis Pressley

no cos it gets boring and old if you do the same thing all the time.
if you can think of some thing better then suggest some thing.

shmmeee

Isn't the "keep" a bit redundant now?

Agree the message needs to focus on when are we coming home. No blame, just a question to all involved.

Cov in Cov also applies to any potential new ground. We may support it, but we want Cov in Cov and that applies as much to the council as to Sisu.

How about we all hold up copies of the Big Issue to represent that we're homeless? Will mean a charity getting loads of money and maybe they'll write a piece about it. Just a thought.

you're an idiot

Agree the message needs to focus on when are we coming home. No blame, just a question to all involved.

Cov in Cov also applies to any potential new ground. We may support it, but we want Cov in Cov and that applies as much to the council as to Sisu.

How about we all hold up copies of the Big Issue to represent that we're homeless? Will mean a charity getting loads of money and maybe they'll write a piece about it. Just a thought.

Genius!! Surely that would appeal to the tabloids!

J

Jack Griffin

Good idea, lateral thinking I like it.

Makes sense

Elvis Pressley

Excellent idea, promoting our cause and benefitting the charity.

weve got big issue
http://www.crisis.org.uk
http://www.stepbystep.org.uk
http://www.shelter.org.uk/
http://www.homeless-international.org/

or a cov one
http://www.coventrycyrenians.co.uk/
Coventry Cyrenians provide a comprehensive range of high quality services to homeless, vulnerable and disadvantaged people in Coventry and Warwickshire with the objective of improving their quality of life and to empower them to live as independently as possible.
The traditional view of homelessness has tended to focus on negative stereotypes. At Coventry Cyrenians we view our role as helping people to rebuild their lives.

mindgames

Brilliant!

CCFC88

With the amount of people planning on going to this I fear this game may be the point the protests turn silly/over the top.

With it only being an hour or so on the rain there will be a lot of pissed up idiots and if the result isn't going our way I think we could see similar scenes to Crawley.

Stands close to the pitch, growing anger amongst fans and a lot of beer could result in trouble.

shmmeee

With the amount of people planning on going to this I fear this game may be the point the protests turn silly/over the top.

With it only being an hour or so on the rain there will be a lot of pissed up idiots and if the result isn't going our way I think we could see similar scenes to Crawley.

Stands close to the pitch, growing anger amongst fans and a lot of beer could result in trouble.

I dunno we're fairly decent fans normally. Maybe at Sixfields, but I think it will be more of an MK Dons atmosphere (and I think we'll win).

Now a protest against Wolves...

simple_simon

We should revert back to SAVE OUR CITY as that's what we need to do.
As for anything happening it should be at every away game but also we should get things going on at Sixfields, the hill is an ideal location as you can watch the game but make a great deal of noise.
No trouble needed but just by having a small crowd every week will get a lot of attention.

thaiskyblue

Top idea raise money for a homeless charity , a great gesture and great publicity. This is one the best ideas i've heard yet.

Ashdown1

It's actually a very good idea Shmeeee, to coordinate it properly it would be beneficial to all concerned to contact the 'Big Issue guys' and arrange for them to have significant numbers of sellers and stocks at the turnstiles to prevent people having to carry them around until the match ?

torchomatic

Shelter could always do with the money. A worthy cause I tend to give money to along with CR.

National attention would be good, but could collect money on the day for local homeless charities or something as well.

Someone with the actual ability to organise things should contact them and see if they're game: http://www.bigissue.org.uk/about-us/contact

Ashdown1

I shall be at that match with friends and would gladly contribute to any charity in return for a magazine of some kind with which to make a point with. This would give a classy edge to the protest and would gain the clubs fans many plaudits for their donations and dignity. The media would be interested for sure and it could set a precedent for other protesters of any kind nationally.

Leamington Pete

Big Issue idea is a great one.

No doubt someone will appear on here soon and knock the idea but PLEASE let's go with this at Notts - it's a brilliant idea. A protest with a well known charity benefitting (rather than being sued!). Planning to take two of my teenage kids to this game and have just mentioned the suggestion to them. They both think it's a great idea and could get excellent coverage. Don't forget the magazine probably has some sort of PR machinery who might lap this up.

letsallsingtogether

Depends on who is going?
We had some opposition at Arsenal and we were handing them out for free! can't see them paying a quid for one.
But I am up for it if someone wants to organise it?

No doubt someone will appear on here soon and knock the idea but PLEASE let's go with this at Notts - it's a brilliant idea. A protest with a well known charity benefitting (rather than being sued!). Planning to take two of my teenage kids to this game and have just mentioned the suggestion to them. They both think it's a great idea and could get excellent coverage. Don't forget the magazine probably has some sort of PR machinery who might lap this up.

shmmeee

Yeah the cost is a problem. Would require a few people to buy a few or like someone else said get sellers at the gates and hope for a bit of social pressure on the day.

Ah well was a nice thought.

Users who are viewing this thread