Can we make the Premier League? (1 Viewer)

skybluealan

Nothing is impossible, but after supporting and watching Coventry for 56 years, not for at least another 10 years if we are lucky.

chiefdave

Don't think I'll get to see us play in the PL in my lifetime unless the whole structure of the game changes drastically.

luwalla

after we just failed miserably at getting out of league 1, with what was probably our best chance in promotion for the last god knows how many years ( and god knows how many more ahead - as i really believe that this season was a one shot thing with SISU throwing a few extra quid in )

err.. id say NO ( not with the owners / investment we currently have )

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

Under these owners no chance, under a rich crazy fool yes as money talks in the end

Astute

We would need to do something twice that we haven't done for 46 years. Finish in the top 6.

smouch1975

In Australia premier League is on foxtel (sky).

I told my son we are getting it when coventry are back. so he can watch mtv and other shit.

He researched coventry and came back with
'Dad, we are never getting foxtel you c×nt'

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

Insist they rename League One the "Premier One League" then we'll have an outside chance.

skybluetony176

If Bournemouth can do it I can't see why we can't. Not with our current owners though. We need owners with the same business acumen as Bournemouth's owners and a willingness to put their hands in their pockets, again like Bournemouth's owners.

davebart

It is impossible to say no to this question. Any club can get to the premiership. Not very likely but they can.

How would we rank compared to say Yeovil or York?

st john

Did anyone in the world believe Leicester could win the Premiership this time last year?
(Notice I used the word "could")
There is always hope.

Sick Boy

If Bournemouth can do it I can't see why we can't. Not with our current owners though. We need owners with the same business acumen as Bournemouth's owners and a willingness to put their hands in their pockets, again like Bournemouth's owners.

....and find our Eddie Howe

Sick Boy

I think fester city undoes your point as Arsenal Chelsea Man U and Man C are mega rich compared to the extra digit boys

Sent from my Harrier Mini from EE using Tapatalk

Their owners have invested in the transfer budget quite significantly since theit arrival.

Nick

Administrator

Yes, we need Billionaires too.

stupot07

Not unless we get owners willing to spend £10-15m+ a season on top of the turnover like Bournemouth's owners. With the increase in parachute payments, its only going to get harder.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

wingy

Well we need to get one league higher first.
I potentially see the league below us going Semi Pro in the future, one because of crowd numbers, secondly the pressure to drive down player wages.
Have heard of Nuneaton Town players declining League football as financially they're better off in their careers and playing football part time.
This could potentially happen in our current league too IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread