Can SiSU be blamed? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
If Robins goes to huddersfield?

I dont think so, they have triggered a clause which is likely to be put in by him and his team like a players buyout clause so they can go on to bigger clubs!

They have backed him and if hudds are going to pay him lots more with a bigger budget we cant compete!

That is if he goes!

Greggs

If Sisu cannot match Mark Robins demands and are not providing him with what was promised when he signed, then YES they are to blame.

Nonleagueherewecome

They can't reasonably be blamed, but why let reason get in the way of a good old SISU bashing?

My sentiments exactly, only without the ironic intent of your post!

Greggs

Surely they met his demands else he wouldnt have joined?

I'm sure many white lies are told to potential managers at interviews!
Wasn't Chris Coleman once talking about bringing in lots of Spanish players straight after appointment?

Nick

Administrator
I'm sure many white lies are told to potential managers at interviews!
Wasn't Chris Coleman once talking about bringing in lots of Spanish players straight after appointment?

I understand if they promised him lots of money to spend but i meant personal demands!

Nonleagueherewecome

Even I can't blame Waggott for this one...

They shouldn't have agreed to the release clause. Very short-sighted. If that meant we didn't get him in the first place, fine, we'll look elsewhere in favour of more sustained success than that offered by somebody who was bound to get snapped of up he did well. 4 managers in a season, that's really beneficial to the club!

Greggs

I understand if they promised him lots of money to spend but i meant personal demands!

I'm sure MR isnt leaving due to his personal demands. The offer of club stability, money to spend and living up north would be the pull!

Otis

Surely they met his demands else he wouldnt have joined?

We've had past on this though haven't we.

Do believe both Dowie and Boothroyd said they were promised money in the transfer marker and it didn't happen.

If Robins was promised transfer money in Jan and it didn't happen that could explain his change of heart.

And change of heart he clearly seems to have suddenly had.

Who knows the truth, but it does seem odd. I am not pointing the finger at Sisu, but he said he loved it here and was going nowhere.

I wait with baited breath for MR's comments on the matter.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

They shouldn't have agreed to the release clause. Very short-sighted. If that meant we didn't get him in the first place, fine, we'll look elsewhere in favour of more sustained success than that offered by somebody who was bound to get snapped of up he did well. 4 managers in a season, that's really beneficial to the club!

The size of any clause would be interesting. How much is promotion to The Championship worth? £4 to £5m? If so, £100K does appear short sighted. That stated, he may not have agreed to join without it. Rather like Ba at Newcastle

Nonleagueherewecome

The size of any clause would be interesting. How much is promotion to The Championship worth? £4 to £5m? If so, £100K does appear short sighted. That stated, he may not have agreed to join without it. Rather like Ba at Newcastle

Possibly, in which case go for someone else. Ba made more impact, and a sackload of dosh for the Magpies, too.

More pertinent though is whether the off-field events had an impact.

Moff

AS the best candidate though, should we not have given him the chance even though the judas got the claus in his contract.

Still it wont stop the SISU sentiment will it.

Mucca Mad Boys

It's all about the Money, if Huddersfield compensate us, Sisu will not say No.... It's all about the .

We turned down an approach that would've obviously had compo attached, so they weren't short-sighted, they had a long term plan, with MR in charge.

Ironic because at the start of the day, it was 'SISU's fault' now it's clear that MR wants the job, what a turnaround and stab in the back!

I hope he does shit, gets sacked quickly and struggles to get a job in a long time.

Steve.B50

Yes we can blame SISU.
He wanted two players in transfer and told he would get them if he off loaded some money. Then told he could not have them.
Sorry but SISU are to blame.

Nick

Administrator
AS the best candidate though, should we not have given him the chance even though the judas got the claus in his contract.

I reckon most contracts have some some sort of buyout in them! There is a price for anybody anyway. Everyone is for sale at the right price!

Nick

Administrator
I
Yes we can blame SISU.
He wanted two players in transfer and told he would get them if he off loaded some money. Then told he could not have them.

Who has told you that? Have 2 players not signed?

Otis

We turned down an approach that would've obviously had compo attached, so they weren't short-sighted, they had a long term plan, with MR in charge.

Ironic because at the start of the day, it was 'SISU's fault' now it's clear that MR wants the job, what a turnaround and stab in the back!

I hope he does shit, gets sacked quickly and struggles to get a job in a long time.

You don't want to hear Mark Robins side of the story first then? You just want to draw the conclusion that this is all down to him?

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Steve.B50

Am sure he would not just go, he must have had a row.
On BBC say he he is happy to talk to Hudds and he is in talks.

Nonleagueherewecome

You're not wrong...they could have brought Old Big 'Ead back to life and signed him on a 10 year contract, I'd still hate the mofo's!

Moff

You don't want to hear Mark Robins side of the story first then? You just want to draw the conclusion that this is all down to him?

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

To be fair Otis, if he has gone, it looks a lot at the moment it was engineered by him, down to him, and he has shown us and the club no loyalty at all.
I would be interetsed to hear what he says just to see how much his nose grows, as the lies start pouring out.

Nonleagueherewecome

Yes we can blame SISU.

Source on that rumour? I must have missed that. And I hoover up anti-SISU ammunition usually!

Grendel

If he had a clause or not it ultimately makes little difference. No club hangs on to a manager who wants to move.

He would have known the situation at the club before joining. They have supported him and we have made several signings to strengthen the squad.

Whatever his given reasons for departing he gets little credit. Huddersfield isn't a huge club and he could easily have considered his options at the end of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread