Can Fisher please show me... (1 Viewer)

Mary_Mungo_Midge

.... anything, and mean anything, pertaining to the new stadium?

An artist's impression? A plan? Drawings readied for planning approval/consultation?

I'd like to know of proposed sites; but understand I don't have a chance in hell.

But the above; well, they must exist, shouldn't they? To cost the stadium, if nothing else. Talking of which, how about plans for the cost of building/funding?

Again, the above must exist, so that the business case for moving can be assessed.

You see; without any of the above, my belief is that there are no real plans to build anew, and that this is an exercise to apply a coup de grâce to ACL, with a view to securing the Arena at lower than market rates; be that ACL's 40-odd years on the lease, or the freehold.

Moreover, I don't think the above - even if it transpired - would be to the good of Coventry City Football Club. I simply believe it would be to enrich SISU's coffers to mitigate the financial disaster the CCFC project has been. The Arena would be quickly packaged with the football club, and sold on, with the 'added value' routed to the Cayman Islands rather than Ryton. To show 'some return' to investors. As such, I do not believe such actions would at all be in the best interests of the football club whatsoever.

However, I do believe that the move to Northampton Town carries significant risks. Crowds will be negligible. The incomes we are told are crucial to the long-term future of the club - sponsorship and F&B's - have been negotiated away; again. David Cardoza has told the BBC that: 'we are liable for absolutely nothing extra whatsoever. All the additional costs lie with Coventry and we will be sharing some of their revenue stream'.

The low crowds and no income would mean that expenditure, in accordance with FFP, after this coming season; would be among the lowest in the league. What chance, therefore, relegation? If twice over a three to five year term, that's conference football; with a disenfranchised fan base.

I'm wanting to believe that this isn't all a game of bluff; with the football club being used like a cheap pack of cards. However, the narrative - either commercially or politically - doesn't compute.

Please produce something, and not evasive rhetoric, that shows me and others that there's some substance and a coherent strategy behind what appears unfathomable logic

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

Sorry MMM but he doesn't have to show or tell you sh** at this stage..

Evo1883

i would like to know what kind of ambitions SISU have as they are building a stadium in the late teens capacity wise and lets be honest if Coventry city ever got back to the championship let alone the premiership we could surpass that every week with a good side .in the premiership after a 15-20 year absence we would pack it out week in week out .
NO AMBITION SISU

duffer

Nope, but it's hardly treating the fans with respect, is it.

And he's had to show the FL something, presumably. Why keep it quiet unless it is, after all, a complete stinking pile of BS?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

No. You're right. He doesn't. But equally, without such, he won't mind me concluding it's all hogwash then; will he? And drawing my own conclusions as to how much he 'cares' for the club, as he claims.

Of course, I'm only one person on one forum. But maybe my asking the questions which can't be answer, will result in others beginning to question his motives too?

wingy

I'll tell you one thing MMM,they will not be able to show/tell you anything Re Land Purchase from a chap on Tapes up last night on CWR.

RoboCCFC90

Nope, but it's hardly treating the fans with respect, is it.

And he's had to show the FL something, presumably. Why keep it quiet unless it is, after all, a complete stinking pile of BS?

Respect didn't know that word existed in Tim Fisher's vocabulary?

RoboCCFC90

No. You're right. He doesn't. But equally, without such, he won't mind me concluding it's all hogwash then; will he? And drawing my own conclusions as to how much he 'cares' for the club, as he claims.

Of course, I'm only one person on one forum. But maybe my asking the questions which can't be answer, will result in others beginning to question his motives too?

No I am sure he won't and I am implore you to ask his as many questions as you want starting with;

MMM: Tim do two Turkeys an eagle make?

Will he show you anything but that probably not, but I wish you luck.

chiefdave

I'd love to know how he's managed to persuade the FL that there is actually a plan for this.

"Well we don't have the funding, or a site, or any plans, or planning permission but it is absolutly going to happen I promise. And I would never not tell the truth, just ask the Coventry fans"

Mary_Mungo_Midge

No I am sure he won't and I am implore you to ask his as many questions as you want starting with

MMM: Tim do two Turkeys an eagle make?

Will he show you anything that probably not, but I wish you luck.

I've got more chance of understanding the turkeys and eagles thing, than I have finding comprehension as to how slashing crowds by two thirds or more - with gate receipts being the primary driver for turnover - for the benefit of the club :thinking about:

RoboCCFC90

I'd love to know how he's managed to persuade the FL that there is actually a plan for this.

"Well we don't have the funding, or a site, or any plans, or planning permission but it is absolutly going to happen I promise. And I would never not tell the truth, just ask the Coventry fans"

HW1M1WykTMWb0DzTmQeL_puss_in_boots.jpg

Probably pulled a face like this..

RoboCCFC90

I've got more chance of understanding the turkeys and eagles thing, than I have finding comprehension as to how slashing crowds by two thirds or more - with gate receipts being the primary driver for turnover - for the benefit of the club :thinking about:

Do you? Good job one of us does because I sure don't but I know where he can stick his Eagles and Turkeys for the time being if he doesn't mind a suggestion..

Mary_Mungo_Midge

It's like one of those holiday hotels that's an artist's impression. You don't feckin book them, do you?

I've always wondered who fell for those and booked. It's evidently the board of the Football League.

"Where's the pool, Tim?"
"Just between the space shuttle launch-pad and the dancing horses, Sir"
"Looks nice. Fire away, young man..." :(

procdoc

.... anything, and mean anything, pertaining to the new stadium?

An artist's impression? A plan? Drawings readied for planning approval/consultation?

I'd like to know of proposed sites; but understand I don't have a chance in hell.

But the above; well, they must exist, shouldn't they? To cost the stadium, if nothing else. Talking of which, how about plans for the cost of building/funding?

Again, the above must exist, so that the business case for moving can be assessed.

You see; without any of the above, my belief is that there are no real plans to build anew, and that this is an exercise to apply a coup de grâce to ACL, with a view to securing the Arena at lower than market rates.

Moreover, I don't think the above - even if it transpired - would be to the good of Coventry City Football Club. I simply believe it would be to enrich SISU's coffers to mitigate the financial disaster the CCFC project has been. The Arena would be quickly packaged with the football club, and sold on, with the 'added value' routed to the Cayman Islands rather than Ryton. To show 'some return' to investors. As such, I do not believe such actions would at all be in the best interests of the football club whatsoever.

However, I do believe that the move to Northampton Town carries significant risks. Crowds will be negligible. The incomes we are told are crucial to the long-term future of the club - sponsorship and F&B's - have been negotiated away; again. David Cardoza has told the BBC that: 'we are liable for absolutely nothing extra whatsoever. All the additional costs lie with Coventry and we will be sharing some of their revenue stream'.

The low crowds and no income would mean that expenditure, in accordance with FFP, after this coming season; would be among the lowest in the league. What chance, therefore, relegation? If twice over a three to five year term, that's conference football; with a disenfranchised fan base.

I'm wanting to believe that this isn't all a game of bluff; with the football club being used like a cheap pack of cards. However, the narrative - either commercially or politically - doesn't compute.

Please produce something, and not evasive rhetoric, that shows me and others that there's some substance and a coherent strategy behind what appears unfathomable logic

More chance of Joy Seppala showing us her face. Or her tits

The Penguin

I can exclusively reveal that these are Tim Fisher's top secret plans for the new stadium.

Don't tell anyone I told you though ;)

newstadium.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread