Can Fan Power influence the Council (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Not into politics but one thing we have on our side is fan power- Could we not vote so many candidates onto the council with the aim of winning diffrent wards
Looking at the results last year time out there is roughly a 36% turn out 85,000 votes - Push some up and coming politicans forward that are Skyblue fans with there main aim Coventry back to Coventry and we may win many wards that would have seemed impossible -

Sky Blue Pete

Not into politics but one thing we have on our side is fan power- Could we not vote so many candidates onto the council with the aim of winning diffrent wards
Looking at the results last year time out there is roughly a 36% turn out 85,000 votes - Push some up and coming politicans forward that are Skyblue fans with there main aim Coventry back to Coventry and we may win many wards that would have seemed impossible -

Just by asking the questions we can influence CCc.

ccfcway

it seems to be going awfully quiet doesn't it ?

you get a horrible feeling that this time next year, SISU will be in a position where they can change the name and it will hardly cause a ripple in the football world.

bigfatronssba

Most of the current Councillors are sky blue fans.

bigfatronssba

mutton lucas have been ST holders for 30 years and haven't done much to help ccfc come back to cov.

What would you like them to do?

Sky Blue Pete

you get a horrible feeling that this time next year, SISU will be in a position where they can change the name and it will hardly cause a ripple in the football world.

They could do that now

bigfatronssba

More! Make it unequivocally the case that sisu are in the wrong! How much do they want the team in Coventry?

I keep hearing that the council should do something, but what exactly??

I havent heard a practical idea that the council should do. Just saying they should do something isn't an idea.

Sky Blue Pete

I keep hearing that the council should do something, but what exactly??

I havent heard a practical idea that the council should do. Just saying they should do something isn't an idea.

Ok. Give CCfc a better offer. Pretty obvious isn't it?

bigfatronssba

make sisu an offer and see if they are really interested in coming back to cov.
rent free for a season.

Ok now were getting somewhere. I agree that the council can still do something, it just annoys me when people say the council should do something without ever giving a firm suggestion!

Rent free for a season is a good idea or stick a price tag on the Ricoh and say it will cost you this to buy acl take it or leave it.

Sky Blue Pete

What offer then?

I don't know but it is clearly the case that our football club has been spending more than it receives for many many years.

An offer of a share in the profits, less rent, a deal on ownership?

bigfatronssba

If they do offer something it also needs to be done publically. Both sides have claimed the other to be lying, therefore the only way we can make a judgement is if we know all the facts.

Sky Blue Pete

Ok now were getting somewhere. I agree that the council can still do something, it just annoys me when people say the council should do something without ever giving a firm suggestion!

Rent free for a season is a good idea or stick a price tag on the Ricoh and say it will cost you this to buy acl take it or leave it.

rent free for a season.

If they do offer something it also needs to be done publically. Both sides have claimed the other to be lying, therefore the only way we can make a judgement is if we know all the facts.
That's absolutely right

RogerH

rent free for a season.

I thought SISU or Seppala said she would only come back to the negotiating table if ownership of the Ricoh was on offer ? Clearly the Council/Higgs are not prepared to offer that, so it would appear they have nothing to discuss.

Tommystours

The way I see it is , the Council CCC ( who are made up of council officers, employed as local governments officials and councillors , elected individuals ) need to sit down take good look at themselves. work out a deal to get City back playing at the Ricoh. It could be a 99 lease on the stadium with access to income streams.make it attractive,a peppercorn rent and match day costs payable to the management company ACL .Other Councils around the country have I believe done deals with football teams, as it brings revenue in to the city/town.
It may not be attractive enough to SISU / OTIUM ,who everyone believes want the freehold for zero, but the alternative is a superb stadium facility with no lead tenant run by an alleged non-profitable management company, which is likely to be supported by the city council.
What else will CCC do if they are making a loss ? Let them fail, and risk losing a community asset? no they will do what any parent company does and like I have to do if my business is not making a profit , put in short term funds.

bigfatronssba

I thought SISU or Seppala said she would only come back to the negotiating table if ownership of the Ricoh was on offer ? Clearly the Council/Higgs are not prepared to offer that, so it would appear they have nothing to discuss.

I agree but if they were offered the Ricoh rent free they would look pretty stupid when they turn it down.

Johnnythespider

The big issue in all this of course is that no one at the council/ Higgs trusts SISU and visa versa
There was a film once called vice versa, it was one of those body swap films. Now if only we could get that to happen to Ann Lucas and Tim Fisher we might stand a chance.

RFC

If the majority of Coventry with held their Council Tax, then who knows?????????????????

jesus-wept

The council didn't sell Danny Fox, Scott Dann, Leon Best, Lucas Jukiewicz, Ben Turner, or Bigiarama or allow Keiren Westwood and Aaron Gunnarson leave for nothing

Users who are viewing this thread