Can anybody beat this? (1 Viewer)

skybluelee

As a long distance fan I can't do many matches per season. Since the start of 22/23 my record is this:

Cardiff (h) 0-0
Norwich (h) 2-4
Hull (h) 1-1
Watford (h) 2-2
Middlesbrough (h) 0-0
Luton 1-1
Sunderland (h) 0-0
Stoke (h) 0-0
Preston (h) 0-3
Cardiff (h) 1-2

No wins in 10, all at home bar one, over the course of two of our most successful seasons in our history. You couldn't make it up. My next two are Southampton (a) and Man U... fuck sake.

Interested to know, has anybody had a worse streak than this during their time as a City fan?

Terry_dactyl

As a long distance fan I can't do many matches per season. Since the start of 22/23 my record is this:

Cardiff (h) 0-0
Norwich (h) 2-4
Hull (h) 1-1
Watford (h) 2-2
Middlesbrough (h) 0-0
Luton 1-1
Sunderland (h) 0-0
Stoke (h) 0-0
Preston (h) 0-3
Cardiff (h) 1-2

No wins in 10, all at home bar one, over the course of two of our most successful seasons in our history. You couldn't make it up. My next two are Southampton (a) and Man U... fuck sake.

Interested to know, has anybody had a worse streak than this during their time as a City fan?
I wouldn’t be able to give you a list of games, or even how many he saw - he was a sporadic attendee - but I remember in the late 80s or early 90s, my old man calculated that he hadn’t seen Pompey win for about 25 years.

Tommo1993

Piece of piss.
In the 16/17 season we went on a 10 game winless streak, I missed a few of those. Later on in the season we suffered a 15 game winless streak - I missed a couple of them.

Hobo

Cardiff (h) 0-0
Norwich (h) 2-4
Hull (h) 1-1
Watford (h) 2-2
Middlesbrough (h) 0-0
Luton 1-1
Sunderland (h) 0-0
Stoke (h) 0-0
Preston (h) 0-3
Cardiff (h) 1-2

Can you just stay away please

coop

Cardiff (h) 0-0
Norwich (h) 2-4
Hull (h) 1-1
Watford (h) 2-2
Middlesbrough (h) 0-0
Luton 1-1
Sunderland (h) 0-0
Stoke (h) 0-0
Preston (h) 0-3
Cardiff (h) 1-2

So it's your fault we lost yesterday not Liam Kitchin 🤣🤣

rob9872

Did a long spell in the Prem days without winning away very often *(although not just when I went) became more of a badge of honour to keep going, but that's a generation ago now and nothing I take any pride in :(

djr8369

I have a friend who only does a couple of games a season and, bar the checkertrade final, hasn’t seen a win in something like 12 years.

no_loyalty

Did a long spell in the Prem days without winning away very often *(although not just when I went) became more of a badge of honour to keep going, but that's a generation ago now and nothing I take any pride in :(
A whole season without an away win, the following season we won our first one.

Briles

Cardiff (h) 0-0
Norwich (h) 2-4
Hull (h) 1-1
Watford (h) 2-2
Middlesbrough (h) 0-0
Luton 1-1
Sunderland (h) 0-0
Stoke (h) 0-0
Preston (h) 0-3
Cardiff (h) 1-2

I didnt have a bad streak but I never saw us lose in the prem in the 20 games I went to as a kid

rob9872

I didnt have a bad streak but I never saw us lose in the prem in the 20 games I went to as a kid
That's almost worse. It's like a gambler winning their first bet and hooking you in from the start *(he says speaking from experience :( )

AOM

Cardiff (h) 0-0
Norwich (h) 2-4
Hull (h) 1-1
Watford (h) 2-2
Middlesbrough (h) 0-0
Luton 1-1
Sunderland (h) 0-0
Stoke (h) 0-0
Preston (h) 0-3
Cardiff (h) 1-2

Nothing personal, but I hope you don't have 50 supporters points for Thursday... ;)

Grendel

I have a sneaky suspicion that one or two others might share this record

You’d have to be 114 to have witnessed it and then be a newborn

Flying Fokker

Cardiff (h) 0-0
Norwich (h) 2-4
Hull (h) 1-1
Watford (h) 2-2
Middlesbrough (h) 0-0
Luton 1-1
Sunderland (h) 0-0
Stoke (h) 0-0
Preston (h) 0-3
Cardiff (h) 1-2

Yikes. You deserve a win.

Frank Sidebottom

Cardiff (h) 0-0
Norwich (h) 2-4
Hull (h) 1-1
Watford (h) 2-2
Middlesbrough (h) 0-0
Luton 1-1
Sunderland (h) 0-0
Stoke (h) 0-0
Preston (h) 0-3
Cardiff (h) 1-2

I didn't see us win at the Ricoh/CBS Between Feb 2017 and the Blackburn game in October. Which was only about 10 or 11 games to be fair, Given the fact that I moved up North in 2018 and we were playing at St Andrew's for 2 of those seasons.

Skyblue Bangkok

I didn't see us win at the Ricoh/CBS Between Feb 2017 and the Blackburn game in October. Which was only about 10 or 11 games to be fair, Given the fact that I moved up North in 2018 and we were playing at St Andrew's for 2 of those seasons.
I was in Chiang Mai in Northern Thailand this weekend and bumped into a Cov fan from Australia who went to the play off final and is going to the semi final too .

Skyblue Bangkok

I was in Chiang Mai in Northern Thailand this weekend and bumped into a Cov fan from Australia who went to the play off final and is going to the semi final too .

Londonccfcfan

Cardiff (h) 0-0
Norwich (h) 2-4
Hull (h) 1-1
Watford (h) 2-2
Middlesbrough (h) 0-0
Luton 1-1
Sunderland (h) 0-0
Stoke (h) 0-0
Preston (h) 0-3
Cardiff (h) 1-2

Please don't come!

JimmyHillsbeard

Users who are viewing this thread