Transfer Rumour Cameron Archer (1 Viewer)

junglej13

Think we've been in for him a couple of times before. He won't get a sniff at Villa this season. I could possibly see him going to someone like Luton but a full season loan in the Championship could make him a £20m+ player. Far worse moves he could make than come to us.

Kingokings204

Think we've been in for him a couple of times before. He won't get a sniff at Villa this season. I could possibly see him going to someone like Luton but a full season loan in the Championship could make him a £20m+ player. Far worse moves he could make than come to us.

especially as we are now very reputable when it comes to younger talent

RoboCCFC90

If he is allowed to have another loan spell with a championship club we have as much chance as any other.

I disagree, he played for Boro last season, do you not think Archer would prefer to continue his development at a club where he already has a relationship with the club / players / manager? Add to that Boro are tipped as one of the teams to get in the playoffs..

That level of comfort could easily be decisive, I hope I am wrong and if we are genuinely interested we get him, but Boro on paper has more pros for Archer than we can offer.

fatso

I disagree, he played for Boro last season, do you not think Archer would prefer to continue his development at a club where he already has a relationship with the club / players / manager? Add to that Boro are tipped as one of the teams to get in the playoffs..

That level of comfort could easily be decisive, I hope I am wrong and if we are genuinely interested we get him, but Boro on paper has more pros for Archer than we can offer.
Why send him back to a club he's already been at? If you want him to get experience, he needs a new challenge at a different club.
Just like Doyle going on loan to Leicester instead of here.

RoboCCFC90

Why send him back to a club he's already been at? If you want him to get experience, he needs a new challenge at a different club.

Experience is not defined by just being at a different club. By the same logic Arsenal would not be interested in sending BNC back to us loan because he's been here before, but CCFC are pushing for it. Brighton have also recently sent a player back to Holland who was at the same club last season. It happens regularly.

There will be several factors to it, which in my views means the chances of each club having the same chance as signing a single player is impossible as each club can offer different things to a player on and off the pitch.

bawtryneal

Plus Leicester will have paid twice as much this season ( probably between £750,000 and £1 million ) for the privilege now he is a proven Championship player

fatso

Experience is not defined by just being at a different club. By the same logic Arsenal would not be interested in sending BNC back to us loan because he's been here before, but CCFC are pushing for it. Brighton have also recently sent a player back to Holland who was at the same club last season. It happens regularly.

There will be several factors to it, which in my views means the chances of each club having the same chance as signing a single player is impossible as each club can offer different things to a player on and off the pitch.
We can push for BNC all we want, doesn't mean they will consider sending him here.
I'm sure we pushed for Maatsen to come back too before he went to Burnley.

Offhegoes

We can push for BNC all we want, doesn't mean they will consider sending him here.
BNC is so raw though. No way Arsenal will play him for a long time. He developed well with us last season (certainly defensively) but as a wing back I don't remember him hitting in any decent crosses. His octopus-like runs where always around the half way line and nothing much came of them.

fatso

BNC is so raw though. No way Arsenal will play him for a long time. He developed well with us last season (certainly defensively) but as a wing back I don't remember him hitting in any decent crosses. His octopus-like runs where always around the half way line and nothing much came of them.
Agreed, hopefully we can look to bring in someone better now we have a few bob.

Although BNC is still a very good prospect.
In the first 30 minutes at Wembley, he was one who tried to get us up the field when the likes of Allen had disappeared up his own arsehole.

CCFC54321

Agreed, hopefully we can look to bring in someone better now we have a few bob.

Although BNC is still a very good prospect.
In the first 30 minutes at Wembley, he was one who tried to get us up the field when the likes of Allen had disappeared up his own arsehole.
Jamie Allen played in the play off final?

Grendel

I doubt there will be many clubs challenging for the top 6 in the championship who would want Norton Cuffey - he'd be available if we want him as long as he gets sufficient game time

Deity

I doubt there will be many clubs challenging for the top 6 in the championship who would want Norton Cuffey - he'd be available if we want him as long as he gets sufficient game time
I’m not sure that is true but it will also come down to which club will offer Arsenal the most money for the loan / cover the most % of wages, and whether Arsenal feel that the player would benefit more from a different experience / set of coaches than simply repeating his last 5 months again. It’s increasingly unusual for Premier loans to go to the same club on more than one occasion. We have this issue with McNally too.

slowpoke

Villa have moved forward and I would say are a reasonable top ten team but nowhere near top four.
To move anywhere near there they need better than Archer a delema for club and player who is at an age where he needs to play.
Could we perhaps tempt them with a buy and decent sell on profit for Villa ?
Or copy Arsenal who have just sold a young starlet, can’t remember who. but have first refusal to buy back, think that’s going to become popular.

Hertsccfc

Villa have moved forward and I would say are a reasonable top ten team but nowhere near top four.
To move anywhere near there they need better than Archer a delema for club and player who is at an age where he needs to play.
Or copy Arsenal have who have just sold a young starlet but have first refusal to buy back, think that’s going to become popular.
Don't think we could afford the sort of money Villa would want for him. Sadly I think they will do well this year as well.

slowpoke

Not sure about Luton them getting relegated is one of the most certain predictions in football. you can get odds on them getting the least number of PL points ever and that they don’t win a game as a cheeky double.

Grendel

Or copy Arsenal who have just sold a young starlet, can’t remember who. but have first refusal to buy back, think that’s going to become popular.

They'd want £15 million plus for him

kg82

Not sure about Luton them getting relegated is one of the most certain predictions in football. you can get odds on them getting the least number of PL points ever and that they don’t win a game as a cheeky double.
They’ll do better than people are predicting. Odds on to go down, sure. But they’ll put up a fight. They’ll have a very good team in the championship if they do go down, and it would seem that’s what they’re building towards.

ccfc1234

Only go for a RWB we can sign permanently, don’t want PL kids on loan.
But surely if they are of the calibre to make a difference to results (like Doyle did) then we are missing opportunities to be as competitive as possible. I get the wish to polish our own diamonds but we also are not a top tier academy yet and need to use all the markets appropriately

slowpoke

But surely if they are of the calibre to make a difference to results (like Doyle did) then we are missing opportunities to be as competitive as possible. I get the wish to polish our own diamonds but we also are not a top tier academy yet and need to use all the markets appropriately
You have a point but to me it looks like we have polished a diamond for Leicester to benefit from.

ccfc1234

You have a point but to me it looks like we have polished a diamond for Leicester to benefit from.
Don't you think if he had gone on loan to Middlesbrough etc he would not be an asset to his next loan club? Good players improve and if we can get a reputation for improving players (like we did with Doyle) it bodes well as to the level of talent we might be able to access.

Evo1883

We must be already drifting towards dark horses for promotion , slowly but surely

Users who are viewing this thread