Calvin Andrew (1 Viewer)

Greggs

Knew very little about their forward ahead of yesterdays game. Would have strolled into our side. 40 goals in 400 games.....BUT was having his strengths played to and looked a real handful! We've got forwards who don't score many either, but we don't seem to utilise there other footballing abilities!

ccfchoi87

He always plays well against us for some reason. The lad from Crewe was the same think his name was Haber.

Greggs

He always plays well against us for some reason. The lad from Crewe was the same think his name was Haber.
Makes you wonder why we didn't try for an experienced target man, especially with so many younger players about.....

Greggs

If we signed a 1 in 10 striker he'd be given all sorts of dogs abuse before even pulling on the shirt.
That's not my point.
My point is....non goalscoring forwards, if correctly utilised, can be huge assests!

Captain Dart

That's not my point.
My point is....non goalscoring forwards, if correctly utilised, can be huge assests!

Are you starting a campaign to bring back Beavon? Heaven forfend.

fatso

That's not my point.
You can get away with having a non scoring forward, if you have another in the team who does score.
If you play your non scoring forward as a loan striker, your going to struggle.
If you have 4 non scoring forwards in your squad, your going to struggle.
If you don’t play to the strengths of your non scoring forward, your going to struggle. ........ need I go on?

Noticed throughout the game Andrews was guilty of a sly nudge/push into the back of our player which was never picked up by the officials, similar to Akinfenwa when we played Wycombe. The standard of refereeing seems back to the abysmal level we have experienced in the lower leagues yet again.

SlowerThanPlatt

If the referee was going to stop play for every nudge by a player the game would be stopped every minute for a foul. It is technically a foul but rarely do you see referees pick up on them so it’s clever centre forward play in my book

itsabuzzard

Not if you're going to continue with basic spelling mistakes.
You can get away with having a non scoring forward, if you have another in the team who does score.
If you play your non scoring forward as a loan striker, your going to struggle.
If you have 4 non scoring forwards in your squad, your going to struggle.
If you don’t play to the strengths of your non scoring forward, your going to struggle. ........ need I go on?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

thekidfromstrettoncamp

S T P the 1 that gets me is the full hand in the back just as a player is about to head the ball clearly they are nowhere near the ball but gain an advantage from the other player missing their header.

rob9872

Not if you're going to continue with basic spelling mistakes.

I'd argue that selecting "loan" rather than lone is a grammatical error as opposed to a spelling mistake! I hate to be such a pedant but if you're going to criticise others ....

itsabuzzard

I'd argue that selecting "loan" rather than lone is a grammatical error as opposed to a spelling mistake! I hate to be such a pedant but if you're going to criticise others ....
You're enjoying it really though, aren't you?

thekidfromstrettoncamp

That's not my point.
We carried 1 of those last season and nearly missed out on promotion looks like we have more than 1 this season. How can they be a huge asset read Wikipedia's version of a football forward that would be mine. or at the very least someone who supplies many assists ie: Shaun McConville and we have no one in that mould . If a player is a non goalscoring forward he is no asset huge or otherwise.

GaryJones

Noticed that "NICK" won £425.00 backing Calvin Andrew as first goal scorer on Saturday.
Looks like the only winning bet of the day so Nick must have had a tickle from somewhere!

Nick

Administrator
Noticed that "NICK" won £425.00 backing Calvin Andrew as first goal scorer on Saturday.
Looks like the only winning bet of the day so Nick must have had a tickle from somewhere!

Called it in the match thread before kickoff that he always causes us issues ;)

GaryJones

Called it in the match thread before kickoff that he always causes us issues ;)
Nick - you should of had a word with Dominic Hyam before the game!

GaryJones

He was clearly going for the ball - cant see anything wrong with that!

Grendel

Nicks type of player

Users who are viewing this thread