Calum Davenport (1 Viewer)

Peter Griffin

Boothroyd has said he wants another defender, and Davenport is free, I think he'd be a good addition to the squad. I thought he was great before we had to let him go to Spurs.

At least worth a chance? (I was gonna say trial, but thought it was a bit of an obvious pun!)

T

TrevorsathisPeake

I think he might be worth a chance.I know theres people who say we are well covered in this area and that Wood and McPake look good together,which i agree with,they do.But i think theres got to be concerns regards McPake picking up injurys.Even when he returned from long term injury last season,he picked up a few niggly injurys following his return and i noticed he did'nt figure in the friendly the other day.
The other centre-halfs are Grandison who's unproven,Crainie likes to think it's his best position,but he's a right back no matter what he says.Its been mentioned that Keogh can also play there but he was playing right back in league 1 last season.
Im slightly concerend that we seem to be going into the new season with so many players who have'nt done it at this level.
Just to add something else,there seems to be alot of rumours flying around that Martin Crainie could be on his way to Norwich.Was there a reason behind Keoghs signing i wonder?

Disorganised1

I can't see Davenport returning to professional football ~ his leg won't stand it. And judging by his performance for Norwich against us he wouldn't get in the team anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread