Callum Wilson - windfall (1 Viewer)

ccfclinney

Sky sports are reporting that West Ham have had a 25m bid for Matt Richie and callum Wilson turned down. Do believe that we have a 10% sell on clause with Wilson. And also Tottenham and Liverpool looking at him.. I bet he's valued at 15-20 million now ? Just if we hung on for a couple of years ! But be nice to get a couple of million from it this summer !!hopefully Mowbray would see it !!

Pusb

Alkhen

I'd worry if it was a joint deal, Bournemouth could make the split fee weighted more on the other player if he has no sell on clauses.

ptr

Sky sports are reporting that West Ham have had a 25m bid for Matt Richie and callum Wilson turned down. Do believe that we have a 10% sell on clause with Wilson. And also Tottenham and Liverpool looking at him.. I bet he's valued at 15-20 million now ? Just if we hung on for a couple of years ! But be nice to get a couple of million from it this summer !!hopefully Mowbray would see it !!

Pusb

What do you mean if we hung on? His value has risen because he has played in the championship and premiership and scored goals. Even if he had carried on scoring with us in league 1 his value would not be 15 million.

Esoterica

No, because he doesn't play for Man Utd.

If Defoe played for United he would've got into the squad. Third highest English goal scorer in the PL and doesn't get a look in, utter joke.

But I digress...

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Would you ever have a situation at the Euros where you pick Defoe to start over Kane and Sturridge? Or prefer Defoe to Vardy's pace off the bench? Rooney as the 4th striker offers much more utility. Rashford was called up to replace Welbeck with the purpose of giving the future England striker experience around a squad preparing for a major tournament. He'll likely drop out the 26 by deadline day, as Defoe would have, except we've actually gained a little out of it.

Shakeitup

Even if he was still with us and worth something like 15-20m we would have haggled it down to 2m made up of ridiculous clauses. We're rather good at getting the worst possible deals for our players!

clint van damme

apparently Bournemouth have rejected an initial bid from West Ham but Wilson is interested in going there. Hopefully Bournemouth get a bidding war going!

tom88

Good news if there is a bidding war.
This season could be our wealthiest in ages, the sale of Maddison, season ticket sales going well & now Wilson hopefully is off

Hopefully Maddison deal consists of appearances and promotion also.

rupert_bear

Good news if there is a bidding war.
This season could be our wealthiest in ages, the sale of Maddison, season ticket sales going well & now Wilson hopefully is off

Hopefully Maddison deal consists of appearances and promotion also.
10% of any Maddison/Wilson cash windfall added to whatever the budget might be would seriously enhance a promotion push, be lucky though if we get anywhere near that.

skybluetony176

Still think we sold him on the cheap. His rise through the leagues coupled with the speculation surrounding him now only confirms that. However 10% of any fee will soften the blow a little. I suppose we should just be grateful we've got that coming if he's sold.

I'm surprised Arsenal haven't been linked. I could see him being a good fit with AW's style of play.

robbiekeane

Still think we sold him on the cheap. His rise through the leagues coupled with the speculation surrounding him now only confirms that. However 10% of any fee will soften the blow a little. I suppose we should just be grateful we've got that coming if he's sold.

I'm surprised Arsenal haven't been linked. I could see him being a good fit with AW's style of play.
So hold on, if he gets sold for £15million to West Ham, that means we got £4.5million for him (not including any other potential clauses like england caps etc). The £3million initial fee, and the £1.5million from the 10% sell on clause.

An academy graduate who had played 1 full season of League one football under us, and we sell him for £4.5 million, and you think that's selling on the cheap? What if he snapped his knee in the championship and never recovered properly?

You're just determined to be hard done by, the same "woe is me" attitude most Cov fans have. Get a grip

skybluetony176

So hold on, if he gets sold for £15million to West Ham, that means we got £4.5million for him (not including any other potential clauses like england caps etc). The £3million initial fee, and the £1.5million from the 10% sell on clause.

An academy graduate who had played 1 full season of League one football under us, and we sell him for £4.5 million, and you think that's selling on the cheap? What if he snapped his knee in the championship and never recovered properly?

You're just determined to be hard done by, the same "woe is me" attitude most Cov fans have. Get a grip

Not really determined to be hard done by. Compare his transfer to someone like Alex Oxlade Chamberlain when he was sold from this league after one full season. The gulf is immense.

Personally I think Arsenal overpaid for AOC but by the same token we undersold CW Imo.

CJ_covblaze

Would you ever have a situation at the Euros where you pick Defoe to start over Kane and Sturridge? Or prefer Defoe to Vardy's pace off the bench? Rooney as the 4th striker offers much more utility. Rashford was called up to replace Welbeck with the purpose of giving the future England striker experience around a squad preparing for a major tournament. He'll likely drop out the 26 by deadline day, as Defoe would have, except we've actually gained a little out of it.

If we need a goal in the last few minutes there's very few English strikers I'd want to come off the bench more than Defoe. I do like Rashford but we should be taking 5 strikers and he shouldn't be ahead of him.

Reactions: vow

Rusty Trombone

Pretty sure the accounts showed he was sold for £2m (before add ons).

skybluebeduff

Why would anyone get excited over a sell on fee? Have SISU in the past 8 years added to our budget when this type of thing occurs? I'm positive osb58 would say 'no they haven't'.

fernandopartridge

Why would anyone get excited over a sell on fee? Have SISU in the past 8 years added to our budget when this type of thing occurs? I'm positive osb58 would say 'no they haven't'.

Where is the evidence that the money has gone out of the club then? I think part of the historic problem is that there hasn't been a budget, and the financial management (if you can call it that) of the club hasn't related properly to the income it makes through its ordinary activities (not selling players). Player sales appear to have just been swallowed up by everyday expenditure. Like selling your car and using the proceeds to buy your shopping.

robbiekeane

He'd never played in the championship so I wouldn't have thought so. Southampton were promoted but he still only had one full season in league one. Same as CW.
You miss my point. It was a championship team, who therefore have more leverage in a transfer negotiation than a League one team. I agree they overpaid for him.

robbiekeane

Where is the evidence that the money has gone out of the club then? I think part of the historic problem is that there hasn't been a budget, and the financial management (if you can call it that) of the club hasn't related properly to the income it makes through its ordinary activities (not selling players). Player sales appear to have just been swallowed up by everyday expenditure. Like selling your car and using the proceeds to buy your shopping.
Nah doesn't count mate, shopping just buys itself according to this lot. Unless it buys you another shiny new (more expensive to "show ambition") car, it's been stolen and used to buy champagne for the owners.

skybluetony176

You miss my point. It was a championship team, who therefore have more leverage in a transfer negotiation than a League one team. I agree they overpaid for him.

I don't think Arsenal gave Southampton a bonus just because they got promoted. If anything gives Southampton more leverage it's their reputation in the transfer market for acquiring top dollar when selling. Us on the other hand have a reputation of letting contracts run down and losing them for free or taking the first offer that comes along.

Colin Steins Smile

Nah doesn't count mate, shopping just buys itself according to this lot. Unless it buys you another shiny new (more expensive to "show ambition") car, it's been stolen and used to buy champagne for the owners.
I have doubts that CCFC will be able to reinvest 100% of any sell on clause. The audited accounts will show management fees and loan repayments to the parent company at a rate of interest that may not be optimum. In short, there are many ways that business processes can hide funds being redirected.

Nick

Administrator
I have doubts that CCFC will be able to reinvest 100% of any sell on clause. The audited accounts will show management fees and loan repayments to the parent company at a rate of interest that may not be optimum. In short, there are many ways that business processes can hide funds being redirected.
Doesn't it show in the accounts if management fees and loan repayments are actually taken out?

robbiekeane

I don't think Arsenal gave Southampton a bonus just because they got promoted. If anything gives Southampton more leverage it's their reputation in the transfer market for acquiring top dollar when selling. Us on the other hand have a reputation of letting contracts run down and losing them for free or taking the first offer that comes along.
Another straw man argument from yourself, why even bother. Good talk.

Users who are viewing this thread