Callum Wilson Where to next (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 4439

Apparently the Daily Telegraph have a piece about Callum wanting to leave Bournemouth to maintain his England hopes...sadly it's behind a paywall

Callum Wilson tells Bournemouth team-mates he needs Premier League football to maintain England chances

Wilson's Bournemouth team-mates believe he intends to stay in the top flight should an offer arrive

England striker Callum Wilson has told his Bournemouth team-mates he wants to play in the Premier League next season to keep his place in the England squad.
The 28 year-old was relegated to the Championship on the final day of the season and his club are assessing which players can join Nathan Ake, who is heading to Manchester City, in leaving the Vitality Stadium for the right deal.

Wilson, who scored nine goals last season, is likely to attract interest during the summer transfer window and his team-mates believe he intends to stay in the top flight should an offer arrive.

Gareth Southgate picked Wilson in his last England squad back in November, before football’s closure for the coronavirus pandemic and the European Championships getting pushed back until 2021.

Wilson is also competing with Tammy Abraham as one of the out-and-out strikers to support Harry Kane, while Danny Ings is also back on Southgate’s radar after his 25 goals for Southampton this season.

After scoring on his debut against USA in November 2018, Wilson has gone on to earn another three caps, coming on as a substitute. With the increased competition in Southgate’s squad, staying in the Premier League would maximise his chances of playing at the Euros.

Tottenham are looking for a striker this summer. They have never replaced Fernando Llorente, who was back-up to Kane when Tottenham reached the Champions League final last season.

Llorente was more of a target-man striker, which would be Jose Mourinho’s preference for a forward signing, although Wilson could provide a different threat to the Spaniard, getting behind defences and stretching the pitch.

West Ham United are also in the market for a striker, while Newcastle are keen to bolster their attack but there is uncertainty over their transfer plans following the collapse of the takeover by a Saudi Arabian-backed consortium.

Ake is set to leave for the Etihad Stadium in a deal worth £41 million and the other player likely to leave Bournemouth is Josh King, who has only one season left on his current contract.

robbiethemole

CT breaking news........................ Wilson linked with Spurs for £10m!!!! how slow can they get, it was out about 10.00.

The Reverend Skyblue

Wilson must be worth more than 10 million. He's a scorer at this level but certainly not prolific, but with better service he could get in to the teens per season. I'm thinking of our cut in the transfer so I may be a little skyblue biased

Sky Blue Harry H

I reckon he might be a decent shout for the Bristol City job?

Hughton was banking on it (having swerved Blues in the process, allegedly) so he may stay out of work longer than he had intended . Expect there will be a few more casualties over the next few weeks, so he'll still scoop something up.

RingoCCFC

Players values have changed in a COVID World

If Ake is worth that much I feel Wilson is still worth a good 15-20 mil, he may not have been a weekly scorer for Bournemouth but I think put in front of a solid Tottenham lineup he’d net them easily.

ccfcway

Josh king rumoured to Everton for £15m

Both 28 years old. Prem records

Callum - 40 goals in 126 games
Josh - 48 goals in 161 games

Both over last 5 seasons

Not sure how king can be worth another 50% for playing an additional 6 games per season (on average)

Last edited:

BackRoomRummermill

Both over last 5 seasons

Not sure how king can be worth another 50% for playing an additional 6 games per season (on average)

Is Josh King injury prone

Magwitch

Wilson must be worth more than 10 million. He's a scorer at this level but certainly not prolific, but with better service he could get in to the teens per season. I'm thinking of our cut in the transfer so I may be a little skyblue biased
Provern goal scorers always tend to command the highest fees, at 27 he should be at his peak.

Evo1883

1 in 3 goal to game ratio in the prem isn't to be laughed at... Especially with so many long stints out

RingoCCFC

1 in 3 goal to game ratio in the prem isn't to be laughed at... Especially with so many long stints out

Especially with what he had to work with at Bournemouth, I don't knock Howe but it's safe to say their football style was 'survival' not creative. I was about to say 'I think at a decent side like Spurs' but since Potch left I don't know what they are... but if he went there are was an addition with Kane I could see him netting a lot more! I do think WH would be the best fit for him as he's said in that statement he wants to play and score and wear the England shirt! Spurs would splash 10 mil on him like its pocket change though so if they're interest is fully accurate then I can't picture him going anywhere for less than 15mil! It seems like Bournemouth are having a clear out sale though so I'm sure they won't pass up on 10mil if that's the final offer especially with Wilson saying he doesn't want to stay.

wingy

My dislike of Eddie Howe began when he was screaming at the ref to get that well known animal (😂😂😂) Bigirimana however you spell it. sent off at the Ricoh a few years back
Haha I can't recall that?
Remember an actual sending off V Leicester.
Seems my post has been misinterpreted.
I was referring to Paul Cook.
Didn't realise when I posted that that Houghton was supposed to be nailed on.

SIR ERNIE

Both over last 5 seasons

They'll do well to get more than £12m for Wilson. He's had a poor season being played pretty much as a lone central striker with King out wide. King is a far more complete player and I'd say he is worth more than Wilson.

Alkhen

They'll do well to get more than £12m for Wilson. He's had a poor season being played pretty much as a lone central striker with King out wide. King is a far more complete player and I'd say he is worth more than Wilson.

he didnt have the best season but you have to factor in that they lost Brooks and Frasier at really key points. I still think they will get 20m+ for Wilson, his wages are high but there enough mid-level prem teams that wouldnt be put off. Just need a few to start the bidding.

1234CCFC

Rumours of a players swap offer of Ritchie & Gayle from Newcastle for Wilson.. if so x2 good Championship players which could be of interest to Bournemouth! Not sure how that works with our sell on %?! Would we only get a cut of the transfer figure that was on top of the players.. if so would be quite a small amount!

Mucca Mad Boys

Rumours of a players swap offer of Ritchie & Gayle from Newcastle for Wilson.. if so x2 good Championship players which could be of interest to Bournemouth! Not sure how that works with our sell on %?! Would we only get a cut of the transfer figure that was on top of the players.. if so would be quite a small amount!

We would get 10-15% of Ritchie and Gayle too. So, probably close to an arm from each player.

Last edited:

Alkhen

Been looking into this. Can't find anything official but from other threads it looks like you can't just swap players for free. You have to set their values for accounting purposes. If we don't agree with the valuatiin Bournemouth set we could go to tribunal. We will still get our cut but could take a while and could be less than we hoped for.

better days

Been looking into this. Can't find anything official but from other threads it looks like you can't just swap players for free. You have to set their values for accounting purposes. If we don't agree with the valuatiin Bournemouth set we could go to tribunal. We will still get our cut but could take a while and could be less than we hoped for.
That's correct
You won't be surprised to hear that skullduggery can occur in deals of this kind to avoid paying the full whack to the club with thr sell on clause

Grendel

That's correct
You won't be surprised to hear that skullduggery can occur in deals of this kind to avoid paying the full whack to the club with thr sell on clause

The Lalana deal being a prime example

junglej13

I alway remember Nuneaton Borough got shafted on a sell on clause when Middlesbrough bought Malcolm Christie and Chris Riggott in a joint £5m deal from Derby. They claimed somehow that Riggott was worth £4m and Christie £1m.

Alkhen

Quoting 30m so I dont think they would go lower than ~20m. could be a really nice pay day. lets hope it doesnt drag on too long.

Spurs, Villa, Everton, Newcastle all interested apparently

Users who are viewing this thread