Callum Wilson Where to next (1 Viewer)

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I really can’t see United going for Wilson. The Spurs link could make more sense if he’s cheap, which I think he will end up being given his ludicrous wages, Bournemouth will have to offload him. If Newcastle get taken over I can see them wanting someone ‘better’, if not he’d probably suit their needs. Villa, Leeds, West Brom, West Ham are probably more realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

You could stick him up front with Maradona and Messi and he still isn't a top 4 striker

Not sure what you mean by a top 4 striker - do you mean playing for a team that gets Champions League football? Ighalo, Tammy Abrahams. May not start every game, but those teams need quality backup with the amount of games they play. If (he stays fit he is a quality PL striker.

CCFCSteve

I really can’t see United going for Wilson. The Spurs link could make more sense if he’s cheap, which I think he will end up being given his ludicrous wages, Bournemouth will have to offload him. If Newcastle get taken over I can see them wanting someone ‘better’, if not he’d probably suit their needs. Villa, Leeds, West Brom, West Ham are probably more realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good shout... if I was Villa, West Brom or West Ham I’d be doing everything to get him. Not really the step up he’d be looking for but surely better than being a bench warmer at Spurs ?! West Ham’s probably the more interesting option for him on a personal level.

Ps wonder if Leeds will look elsewhere

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Good shout... if I was Villa, West Brom or West Ham I’d be doing everything to get him. Not really the step up he’d be looking for but surely better than being a bench warmer at Spurs ?! West Ham’s probably the more interesting option for him on a personal level.

Yeah I also thought Leeds might look to bigger options, their owner is mentioning Cavani. Whilst that is obviously very unlikely, it might suggest their ambitions are higher than Callum Wilson.

Jesse Carver

It looks like West Ham are about to drop £20m on Eze from QPR, shows how much fees go up after a decent season in the Championship.

Magwitch

If Tottenham want him they will get him, Kane and Son will be ahead of him but they both miss games and with five subs next season Wilson would be ideal on the bench

higgs

Brendan Rodgers is supposed to be an admirer of Callum he could be the long term replacement for vardy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

stupot07

Hes a strange player, very different to one that left us. It may be the way Bournemouth play or overplay, but given his pace i've rarely seen him run in behind and stretch play like Vardy does.

He's not great with his back to goal and seems to be played as more of a fox in a the box type of striker. Bournemouth definitely haven't played to his strengths this season which is why his goal tally is so low. He looked low on confidence to me and maybe needs a season back in the championship to kick on again.

That said the fact hes had a couple of decent seasons mean someone in the Premier League will take a punt. Id be very surprised if anyone in the top 4-6 do. Its one if those where you think he may have missed the boat by not moving when he was on fire.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

stupot07

40 prem goals in 126 games and it makes him worth half a Dominic solanke, bizarre !!l
You have to factor in one is 28 and had a load of injuries, and the other is 22 and you're paying for potential as much as current ability.

Not saying he is worth half, just there's more factors to it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Bad move for Wilson in terms of game time if he goes to spurs.. Spurs play a lone striker and that's Harry kane.. Unless he's going to play wide inside forward

Leeds a perfect option imo

AStonesThrow

I wouldn’t be surprised if he stayed where he is next season.
Was just about to post this. I lived in Swanage (near Bournemouth) for five years and went to watch them play many times in the Championship. The fans have always loved him and I don’t think Eddie would want to let go of him either. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Callum stay there for most of his career now

ccfcway

Was just about to post this. I lived in Swanage (near Bournemouth) for five years and went to watch them play many times in the Championship. The fans have always loved him and I don’t think Eddie would want to let go of him either. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Callum stay there for most of his career now

His wage is prob same as our entire first team match day squad next season. They don’t be able to keep him unless he reduces wages. £60k was highest in championship this season

Sick Boy

On £100k a week? With an £18m salary cap that’s nearly 1/3rd their budget on one player. To say nothing to being able to afford it, and whether he wants to stay.
He’s most likely going to have a relegation clause in his contract - I would imagine he’ll be one of the high earners they look to keep on it they can do to get back up first time.

Users who are viewing this thread