Callum Wilson Where to next (1 Viewer)

higgs

He might take some shifting out of the club as he will be on good money and lives in a beautiful part of the country. Southampton could be a good fit as it’s fairly local but I can see him signing for Newcastle. He would be an upgrade on most teams strikers especially if fully fit.
What kind of wage would they be paying 40k a week? How do they do it with such a small stadium

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Esoterica

Scary money don't know how they do it with the crowds they get

Taken from a bbc article a couple of years back on how the majority of PL teams would still make a profit even without fans:

Bournemouth, with the smallest ground capacity in the Premier League of just 11,450 and who intend to build a bigger stadium, had a turnover of almost £136.5m in 2016-17, with £5.2m from tickets. That is less than 4p in every £1 of its income for the season.

Premier League: 11 of 20 clubs could have made profits in 2016-17 without fans at games

jim20

Taken from a bbc article a couple of years back on how the majority of PL teams would still make a profit even without fans:

Bournemouth, with the smallest ground capacity in the Premier League of just 11,450 and who intend to build a bigger stadium, had a turnover of almost £136.5m in 2016-17, with £5.2m from tickets. That is less than 4p in every £1 of its income for the season.

Premier League: 11 of 20 clubs could have made profits in 2016-17 without fans at games

They could be screwed if they come down, even if they manage to cut half the wage bill which I imagine isn’t easy they are still going to struggle financially.
They would’ve been better off not spending on players/ wages in the first season and building a bigger stadium/ income generating infrastructure, with the money they got for going up, even if it meant coming straight back down, they would’ve been so much better off in the long term

Terry Gibson's perm

We are about to find out if it is correct although with the mad tv money they should be ok and shouldn’t have been allowed to furlough staff

Terry Gibson's perm

Will Eddie get the bullet if they go down

If they want to survive they should have booted him already he looks far to comfortable there, time to call Big Sam

Adge

Keep hearing this “sell on fee percentage” etc. Is that true or are we just quoting figures off 10-15% out of the air when in reality there is no substance to it? Was this mentioned when he was sold to Bournemouth?
For the record I think he will stay and try and get them back up-can’t really see them big fish coming in with his injuries etc in the past.

fernandopartridge

I think the chances of him going to a big club have faded, he’s had a few injuries and hasn’t scored that many this season (8, I think). So someone like Leeds, West Brom isn’t a bad call. Depends, I guess, if Bournemouth are relegated.
Yeah agree, think his maximum value was a season or two back. If Bournemouth go down it declines further still. He's still £10m+ as a minimum

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

Reportedly going to Spurs for as little as £10M if Bournemouth are relegated.

better days

If they want to survive they should have booted him already he looks far to comfortable there, time to call Big Sam
My god no :mad:
Poor Eddie Howe wasn't helped by Ryan Fraser's refusal to play after resumption of the season
Morale in the squad must have been rock bottom seeing that
Tbh I suspect Wilson would look a lot better in a team with confidence and quality than Bournemouth at the moment

Terry Gibson's perm

My god no :mad:
Poor Eddie Howe wasn't helped by Ryan Fraser's refusal to play after resumption of the season
Morale in the squad must have been rock bottom seeing that
Tbh I suspect Wilson would look a lot better in a team with confidence and quality than Bournemouth at the moment

Nearly relegated now the football under big Sam is ugly but works, They were well in trouble before Fraser that is just an excuse. He has stayed to long same boring voice for the players.

rob9872

Newcastle have money to burn after takeover and they're exactly the kind of basket case club to ignore injuries and pay ott for someone. Can see himfitting in and getting a regular game there too.

AFCCOVENTRY

Finally Bournemouth have been relegated. We can get some cash for Wilson when he moves. Unfortunately he’s not worth as much as he was a few seasons back.

Danceswithhorses

B'mouth will need to get rid off their high earners now...which is good news for us re Callum Wilson....i liked him as a player for us, but never thought he'd be on 100k a week...madness

mark82

B'mouth will need to get rid off their high earners now...which is good news for us re Callum Wilson....i liked him as a player for us, but never thought he'd be on 100k a week...madness

That contract will limit his value. Seen £10-million mentioned. Absolute max value I suspect is about £20-million.

the rumpo kid

After the news today and at seeing them yesterday rangers wouldn't be a bad move for him, a bit easier, and garunteed European football. He get a shed load of goals up there.

Magwitch

The fact a minnow club as Bournemouth are with 10000 gates pay a player £100k a week that’s 5 million a year and he won’t be the only one tells me everything that’s wrong with football, madness

Frostie

After the news today and at seeing them yesterday rangers wouldn't be a bad move for him, a bit easier, and garunteed European football. He get a shed load of goals up there.

He'd do great there but not sure they could pay anywhere near as much as he could get by staying in the PL - that's why players in England don't tend to move to Scotland in their prime.

gazza

He'd do great there but not sure they could pay anywhere near as much as he could get by staying in the PL - that's why players in England don't tend to move to Scotland in their prime.

the average wage bill at rangers is about 12k a week

mark82

Minor point but I think it's 10% of the profit. So 10% of anything minus £3m basically I think.

Which isn't a minor point when we're talking maybe £10 million.

Think we've missed the big payday. Although, not sure if it's 10% or 15%.

Terry Gibson's perm

My dad has said tonight he can see him at Villa I still think it will be Newcastle or Leeds

Users who are viewing this thread